So I Got Into An Argument At The Gym... VOl. D rose

Let me preface this by saying... Im a bulls fan, BIG time bulls fan, BUT I am not a homer. These guys start talking about Derrick rose and how amazing he isand I jump in and say "he's good, but if New orleans or Utah called me (if I was Pax) and wanted to swap P.G's, rose would be gone in a hotsecond." These guys look at me like im #++%%+* nuts, talking about... G.T.F.O.H.

Some guys had the nerve to hit me with the " D. rose is younger" and then i start
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
! I tell em that Paul and D williams are 23 and 24 years old.
IMO Derrick rose will never be better than Chris paul or deron williams! They are both better defenders, shooters, passers, and imo they will always be betterthan rose in all of those categories.

Am I the crazy the one?

Originally Posted by bigboi9015

i agree with you but rose still has alot to learn
they threw that one at me too. I did agree with them on that, but these guys have already figured this thing out.

Derrick Rose is having a better rookie season statistically than both Deron and CP, but idk if he'll improve as much as they did(obviously). With thatsaid, i probably would still trade him for either of them

yup or put rose in the rockets, raptors, or timberwolves and his assist avg will be on point

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

yup or put rose in the rockets, raptors, or timberwolves and his assist avg will be on point
Im sorry, but CP3 is not working with much in N.O and hes got that team to 20 games over .500 in the western conference!

All bias aside. I'd probably be thinking about it for awhile. With the fact that Rose is 3-4 years younger than Williams and Paul and the fact thathe's more explosive/athletic. It's rare to improve as much as Williams and Paul did though so I don't know if Rose will ever be as good. So in theend, I probably would trade for either of those players.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Im sorry, but CP3 is not working with much in N.O and hes got that team to 20 games over .500 in the western conference!

um ok, I didn't say anything about win percentages or games he can put a team over. I just said put him in any of those 3 teams, and his assist apg will beon point.

I don't understand why you jumped in and said that though.. according to you, all they were saying was how great he was, not that he was the greatest pointguard to ever play the game right now.

Sounds like you just like starting pointless arguments.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't understand why you jumped in and said that though.. according to you, all they were saying was how great he was, not that he was the greatest point guard to ever play the game right now.

It's simply the NT effect trickling in to real life situations.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't understand why you jumped in and said that though.. according to you, all they were saying was how great he was, not that he was the greatest point guard to ever play the game right now.

no its not even like that! They were saying he was "untradeable" im like G.T.F.O.H untradeable! I just threw out a couple names that Iwould trade him for str8 up.

Hard to say. Chris Paul and Derron Williams are definitely better at this point, but you never know what will happen...

I dunno.. D Rose is a freak of nature, one of the fastest and strongest guys in the league already.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Hard to say. Chris Paul and Derron Williams are definitely better at this point, but you never know what will happen...
Next season will say a lot. DWill and CP3 made huge strides their second year. But I've been following Pooh since his junior year in HS andI'm a Bulls fan so obviously I'm biased.

That actually is a real toss-up to me . . if Rose was producing at the same level as a rookie but didn't have the kind of athleticism that he has then itwould be a no brainer . . but he's really the most explosive PG I've ever seen in my entire life, when it comes to potential he almost has no ceilingwhatsoever.

If I went into a coma and 20 years later when I woke up someone told me Rose ended up being the clear-cut greatest PG of all time, I'd go "wow .." but in no way would I be like +!%!%. But then again Williams and Paul have both shown certain characteristics in their games that make you think theyhave that "it" quality that every champion posesses.

I havent seen a better PG than Chris Paul in a VERY VERY VERY long time... You can figure out the rest.

Back
Top Bottom