So a new hypebeast picture has surfaced. vol 2010

looks like me so it's pretty accurate
smile.gif

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Did NT really invent the term?

I know you might be skeptical considering how Niketalk wants to take credit for everything. The average NTer thinks NT invented every meme, gif, and photoshop on the internet. But in this instance, I think the etymology of the term 'hypebeast' can be traced directly to ShineOX. So yes an NTer invented the term and Niketalk collectively (and kixslf specifically) inspired the term.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Did NT really invent the term?

I know you might be skeptical considering how Niketalk wants to take credit for everything. The average NTer thinks NT invented every meme, gif, and photoshop on the internet. But in this instance, I think the etymology of the term 'hypebeast' can be traced directly to ShineOX. So yes an NTer invented the term and Niketalk collectively (and kixslf specifically) inspired the term.

Ever since I was 12 I've always carried a camera on me, nowadays when I know I'm going to a highly populated hypebeast part of town I just leave it in the car

Ever since I was 12 I've always carried a camera on me, nowadays when I know I'm going to a highly populated hypebeast part of town I just leave it in the car

People really wear cameras around their neck because it's cool? Bout to get mine iced out then
pimp.gif

These aren't attention-seeking outfits to me. I thought that was a major component of a hypebeast.

Originally Posted by Estevo

Only thing new is the "keys to that cool car." Gotta admit, I've yet to see that
laugh.gif

That's not new either. Everyone I know has a lanyard and keys on it, and has since high school.

But yeah, that pic is fail. A button up shirt, Nike's and Levi's? Guess I've been a hypebeast for years now
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Estevo

Only thing new is the "keys to that cool car." Gotta admit, I've yet to see that
laugh.gif

That's not new either. Everyone I know has a lanyard and keys on it, and has since high school.

But yeah, that pic is fail. A button up shirt, Nike's and Levi's? Guess I've been a hypebeast for years now
eyes.gif

People really wear cameras around their neck because it's cool? Bout to get mine iced out then
pimp.gif

These aren't attention-seeking outfits to me. I thought that was a major component of a hypebeast.

Originally Posted by Noskey

eyes.gif
this.

Originally Posted by Noskey

eyes.gif
this.

Originally Posted by CJ616

Nah, POLO beasting is strong right now.
POLO 2009-Present = Hypebeast.
this is 100% accurate in the hood.

Polo shirt or vest or hoody X snapbacks or polo hats X Levi X G-shock is instant swag for a young man in the hood.

Originally Posted by CJ616

Nah, POLO beasting is strong right now.
POLO 2009-Present = Hypebeast.
this is 100% accurate in the hood.

Polo shirt or vest or hoody X snapbacks or polo hats X Levi X G-shock is instant swag for a young man in the hood.

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Folks need to relax. Photography as a hobby, cats really wear cameras as fashion?

People ruin everything, sneakers, streetwear, now the hobby of photography is hypebeast?
i agree, but at the same time ive encountered plenty of people who have SLR's but dont know a thing about photography. taking pictures =/= photography

Photography is an art, not a science. Taking pictures = Photographer

If the youth them want to express themselves through digital media, it was only a matter of time before phtography caught on as a hobby of choice. As long as online subcultures exist, photography will continue to grow with it.  

Originally Posted by bijald0331

pimp.gif

I have always been under the opinion that a beast wears it because others do. I have NEVER worn anything because I thought anyone else would like it, I remember I copped the bakins back in the day and all my boys roasted me to death because I had yellow laces.
pimp.gif
 We all biters in some sense, but at least have SOME originality, it is the ones who rock hyped up *!@ like a uniform you can tell they all must subscribe to the same fashion sense, and ironically all SO individualistic.
eyes.gif

I rock things that I like, some things I have are attention getters, some aren't. I don't think dressing for attention is a bad thing, we all do it.

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Folks need to relax. Photography as a hobby, cats really wear cameras as fashion?

People ruin everything, sneakers, streetwear, now the hobby of photography is hypebeast?
i agree, but at the same time ive encountered plenty of people who have SLR's but dont know a thing about photography. taking pictures =/= photography

Photography is an art, not a science. Taking pictures = Photographer

If the youth them want to express themselves through digital media, it was only a matter of time before phtography caught on as a hobby of choice. As long as online subcultures exist, photography will continue to grow with it.  

Originally Posted by bijald0331

pimp.gif

I have always been under the opinion that a beast wears it because others do. I have NEVER worn anything because I thought anyone else would like it, I remember I copped the bakins back in the day and all my boys roasted me to death because I had yellow laces.
pimp.gif
 We all biters in some sense, but at least have SOME originality, it is the ones who rock hyped up *!@ like a uniform you can tell they all must subscribe to the same fashion sense, and ironically all SO individualistic.
eyes.gif

I rock things that I like, some things I have are attention getters, some aren't. I don't think dressing for attention is a bad thing, we all do it.

More like HIPSTERBEAST, or SCENESTERBEAST

I remember back in the day when the Hypepeast pic posted the SWASTIKA on a tee shirt....

393544275.jpg

And then years later Neighborhood releases this.....

393544274.jpg

393544277.jpg

Back
Top Bottom