So 45% through [the year], its safe to say the Mixtape of the year so far is Kush x Oj

If it ain't Kush and OJ, then it's the home team.

1.jpg

man...

i just jammed kush and oj...

this was very wack...

... seriously....

maybe my hopes were too high....

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by TheHype

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

- Theophilus London's "I Want You"

i heard that tape is good from front to back?
Front to Back? Nah...

But I'd say the tracks that I like....I REALLY like.

Tracks I'd never think I'd like in a million years too, which makes it 2x as dope.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I forgot about that. Pretty dope tape.
Theo makes some good different soundin music....

I deleted TINC2
Los has punchlines but this aint 99-02

I agree w/ dude that said this is lifestyle music....but forreal wiz isnt even at his peak...

roll.gif
at everyone wanting jay electronica 

mixtape is fire but honestly the production carries it for the most part.. not to take anything away from wiz because he's still only just begun with this new style of his..

i'm not complaining, we as fans just get to sit back and enjoy all this good music
pimp.gif

Everytime I listen to this in the car with people who aren't on to him the first thing they say is, is this Wale?!? But that was the How Fly mixtape not Kush x OJ.

Im a big fan of alot of music that came out this year and i think that

From The Westside With Love gets a solid 8 way to many female songs i feel like if he had switched the tracklisting up a little bit it would of have been better..
The first 5 songs are pretty much classic dom(IMO) then "4 hearbeats" then "Locals Only"..after Locals Only the next 4-5 tracks are all female tracks then the next few after that all have the same tone so to say..if he had mixed em up better i feel that he would have hada better project

Kush x OJ Ill give that a 8.5 ..he sang a little too much on this for me..and the "Spitta" influences we're obvious..and the Killa Kyleon feature was wack..the beats saved this tape for me

Greatness Opens Doors ill give it a 9..i see how Jewels has developed and maybe im bias because ive been here to watch him develop so to say..but on this project he seemed to focus more on the songs and hooks which were all on point but still managed to keep the lyricism ghe displayed on Glory Or Death

Dont Mention It gets a 9.5..by far the most consistent artists/group out right now..despite one or two wack verses on the tape

T.I.N.C2 another 8.5 doesnt seem like Fab can develop anymore and his punches are starting to lose some sting but with that said i still say this >> most peoples tapes..its just that the punchline rap thing isnt quite as hot as it once was

T.A.G.E My project and I can confidently say that its a solid 8..Could have switched it up more..been more diverse but im only getting better as i keep going..just need a little more work and ill be where i want

Smokee Robinson I give this a 7.5..despite the
pimp.gif
 production Spitta managed to half +$% most of the tape..and DOM's verse on Racing Stripes was the worst ive ever heard from dude..

The End.

From the Westside With Love was such a letdown. Damn I was disappointed. But, my top 3 so far
wiz-kush-and-oj-front-wiz-khalifa-kush-orange-juice-mixtape.jpeg

pac-div-dont-mention-it-nahright-450x447-e1270659053488.jpg

Front%20Cover-GreatnessOpensDoors-thumb-580x580-134043.jpg

That "Starry Eyed" and "Light Years" are my joint on that Theophilus London tape. He can do some major damage in the mainstream like Cudi easily.

Not up there with mixtape of the year though but i know he got it in him.

Aint really been no
eek.gif
mixtapes yet front to back that sound like albums yet with catchy hooks and lyricism plus crazy production. Last year had that...

Still Waiting...

Dom. Kennedy.

Jeezy.

Big K.R.I.T.

Ross MIGHT have another one with Albert Anastasia ...but I have no idea what will be on that one.

This tape is top 5 of the year so far for me.
I stopped smokin years ago, and Im able to
appreciate this for what it is.

I didnt get on to Wiz til Flight School & How Fly,
so all of this seems like his style to me. I checked
a couple of his older joints, but he was kinda on some
other iish then.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

other iish then.
Same here. Even though Prince of the City 2 goes hard as hell
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

other iish then.
Same here. Even though Prince of the City 2 goes hard as hell
pimp.gif
THIS!!!

Back
Top Bottom