So 45% through [the year], its safe to say the Mixtape of the year so far is Kush x Oj

Sounds amazing when you're high.

This will be played heavily during summer when classes are over and I get to sit back, relax, and
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how can u like all them songs over good dank?

its easily the best song on the tape and one of his best songs ever...

good dank? best song on the tape?

not even close

Most of ya'll are sleeping on Los with Zero Gravity, that is EASILY the mixtape of the year. 
Ham you should check that out bc I !*@* with a lot of the same music you listen to.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Put me on his best songs somebody
imho, not including !+#$ on Kush & OJ

This Plane
Take Away
B.A.R.
Take Yo B_
Sky High
Bankroll
Feels Good
Ink My Whole Body
Hollywood @!@%
Extra Credit
Boarding Pass
Teach You To Fly

he's got a lot of dope older stuff too, different style with more focus on actually spittin
Material
Shame
Name On A Cloud
On A Pill
Car Service

Too many for me to name.

Just check out Flight School, Star Power, and Prince Of The City 2

Still Blazin is the weed song the game been missin...Mesmerized, Never Been, Visions and Glass House my other favorites off this

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Most of ya'll are sleeping on Los with Zero Gravity, that is EASILY the mixtape of the year. 
Ham you should check that out bc I !*@* with a lot of the same music you listen to.

bout to download it now

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I disagree. He's nice, but he doesn't make 'songs' all too often, and he always has the most obvious unoriginal choices for beats, especially on on Zero Gravity. Honestly I only just started listening to G.o.D.'s tape tonight, could be my pick for the year so far, no bias, I've never even listened to dude like that before. and that cover
eek.gif

I guess I am the only one that finds him over-rated. People gassing him up like he is actually talented. Just my opinion

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I guess I am the only one that finds him over-rated. People gassing him up like he is actually talented. Just my opinion

you're @@#%+$+ lying to yourself if you don't think Wiz is talented as a songwriter...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

you're @@#%+$+ lying to yourself if you don't think Wiz is talented as a songwriter...
I think its just musical taste.  I listen to rap mostly for lyrical content. Wiz doesn't rap about anything that i find interesting and his word play and style are mediocre to me.  I understand the "he makes good music" comment but i don't feel that way.  I feel that way about Kid Cudi.  Lyrically he isn't that skilled but he is incredible at actually making good music.  

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I think its just musical taste.  I listen to rap mostly for lyrical content. Wiz doesn't rap about anything that i find interesting and his word play and style are mediocre to me.  I understand the "he makes good music" comment but i don't feel that way.  I feel that way about Kid Cudi.  Lyrically he isn't that skilled but he is incredible at actually making good music.  
that's the thing. CuDi is possibly my fav hip-hop artist at the moment and MOTM is one of my favs of all time...and Wiz is SOOO similar to him as far as songwriting...the difference is is that CuDi has REAL lyrical substance on a good amount of his songs, where Wiz rarely has that...

I've consistently kept this @+!# on repeat since it's release. Won't even go into depth about how ill it is. All I can say is Wiz ain't for everybody. You either $+#% with him or you don't. There's no in between. It's really lifestyle music. I'm a young dude and my social life consists of alot of the @+!# Wiz is rapping about (having fun, smoking, *@!%%#% chicks). I may grow out of that phase, but not right now. Dude just makes dope songs...period.

Also,

Never Been > Life Itself

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by MchunuDon

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

If you're 45% through a mixtape on the first listen, you don't have the authority to make claims like this.

indifferent.gif
Re-read his post before u ask me why I stonefaced u bruh.
roll.gif

By 45% he meant 45% of the way through the year

But I listen to Kush x OJ every day ... its still just as
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
as the first listen
I thought I was the only one ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chr1scross

even Waken Baken & Outro are dope as fugg to me
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
my ringtone since the day it dropped...

I mess with Wiz but I didn't feel this album at all.
Album was thrown together but there were some dope *** old tracks on it.
All I can say is Wiz ain't for everybody. You either $+#% with him or you don't. There's no in between. It's really lifestyle music.
I agree ... either you like him or you dont.  I dont bake anymore .. but I used to burn it down so I can relate ... and Im still FN other _'s brauds. Having them cook me cheese / eggs ... if you can relate and you like dope beats / hooks then you gotta love him.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

all he talks about is ima smoke this weed, your *%$!% is gonna roll it up then ima @*$+ her
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Does everyone have to be Lupe Fiasco or Jay Electronica these days? 
eyes.gif
 80% of rappers rap about what you said above...
OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:
Dom Kennedy.

I mess with Dom heavy, but if you think "From The Westside With Love" is the best mixtape of the year so far then you need to use a q-tip to get the wax out of your ears...
laugh.gif

I still think FS/DS > 25th Hour > From The Westside With Love > Best After Bobby

I mess wit Wiz, but does anyone else hear the
Spitta & Max influences in his sound at times?

Back
Top Bottom