Similar job advertisement sites to Craigslist? (Vol. NEW THREAD QUESTION ON BOTTOM)

bkmac

Banned
Quick question NT. When a Craigslist Job Ad says "Please e-mail your resume to _____", what is the proper way to send it?

Do you just attach it as a file? Say I use the Microsoft Word template, is it "acceptable", considering if it is sent as an attachment, it might open in Word when they go to view it, should they choose to view it through Word and not, say Google Docs (or whatever e-mail service they are using). 

Quick question NT. When a Craigslist Job Ad says "Please e-mail your resume to _____", what is the proper way to send it?

Do you just attach it as a file? Say I use the Microsoft Word template, is it "acceptable", considering if it is sent as an attachment, it might open in Word when they go to view it, should they choose to view it through Word and not, say Google Docs (or whatever e-mail service they are using). 

I usually type up a cover letter for the main body of the email, then write "See attached resume" and attach your resume as an attachment file. Kind of a hassle, but it looks more professional that way.

I usually type up a cover letter for the main body of the email, then write "See attached resume" and attach your resume as an attachment file. Kind of a hassle, but it looks more professional that way.

Originally Posted by FOG

and if theres a contact number call ahead of time and let them no your sending it

Originally Posted by FOG

and if theres a contact number call ahead of time and let them no your sending it

I always make sure it's legit first because your resume has your info on it. Name, address, contact info. Easy way to get scammed.

I'm not saying don't do it, but make sure it's legit first fam

I always make sure it's legit first because your resume has your info on it. Name, address, contact info. Easy way to get scammed.

Never send/post a resume as a word document.

Always convert to pdf
Here's an online converter. You want to invest in a converter on your HD though.http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

Just upload the word document to that e-mail. Usually your university computers have pdf converters as well. Hit print and instead of a physical printer, hit print to pdf.
When you install a pdf convert on your personal PC, you can print to pdf as well.

Always convert to pdf
Here's an online converter. You want to invest in a converter on your HD though.http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

Just upload the word document to that e-mail. Usually your university computers have pdf converters as well. Hit print and instead of a physical printer, hit print to pdf.
When you install a pdf convert on your personal PC, you can print to pdf as well.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Always convert to pdf

Just upload the word document to that e-mail. Usually your university computers have pdf converters as well. Hitr
Late night/early morning clutch NT
pimp.gif
. Thanks man. I just had the feeling sending a Microsoft Word-made resume would not look good.

Always convert to pdf

Just upload the word document to that e-mail. Usually your university computers have pdf converters as well. Hitr
pimp.gif
. Thanks man. I just had the feeling sending a Microsoft Word-made resume would not look good.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I know what you mean and I agree but this isn't always possible. Browsing CL job listings for a few years I've learned which ads to avoid but sometimes the simplest one that looks like spam might be the one you're looking for. Couple years ago I came across an ad with one line and an email which ended up being the best job I've had to date.
I usually send my resume as MS word attachment and put a cover letter in the body if they request it.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I know what you mean and I agree but this isn't always possible. Browsing CL job listings for a few years I've learned which ads to avoid but sometimes the simplest one that looks like spam might be the one you're looking for. Couple years ago I came across an ad with one line and an email which ended up being the best job I've had to date.
I usually send my resume as MS word attachment and put a cover letter in the body if they request it.

Mac users, you can save AS A PDF through Word on 2011. 
Windows users are probably the same. 

335dp1s.png

Mac users, you can save AS A PDF through Word on 2011. 
Windows users are probably the same. 

335dp1s.png

You dont need a PDF converter. Like pancakes said, just go to File > Save As...and choose PDF. Always send the resume as a PDF for every job posting online.

You dont need a PDF converter. Like pancakes said, just go to File > Save As...and choose PDF. Always send the resume as a PDF for every job posting online.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Always convert to pdf

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom