Shows you never knew were good...

Originally Posted by infamousod

their target audience is 12-18? really? when it was the college students who bumped the DVD sales to bring back the show in the first place?

I'm in my mid 20's, I get every reference. its lame.

where did i say target audiance? i said the majority of people watching are prolly in that age group. you are putting words into my mouth. there is a diffbetween who they target and who tends to watch the show the most. i mean im sure a show about a middle aged divorced white woman wasnt targeting me a 23 yearold black man but i watch it.

they pretty much say thats the reason for the chicken fight. or most recently the surfin bird epsiode.

Like my man said..very cheap humor..it takes no talent to write that show..you could come up with a family guy joke in seconds..like "hey, remember thattime I sang back up for michael jackson on the thriller tour?" Flash back to then..and there u have it..a lame joke! Btw..I'm 22 so I don't reallyknow what children watch, but I'm damn sure 12 yr olds aren't watching family guy..why would they? None of the jokes would be funny to them..but itscool that u pull facts out of ur $@* to try and prove a point!

you're off the charts man. you think FOX would spend millions on a show and not target their biggest fanbase? what kind of idiot would ignore who watchestheir show and target someone else?

you're off the charts man. you think FOX would spend millions on a show and not target their biggest fanbase? what kind of idiot would ignore who watches their show and target someone else?

because anyone smart would prolly realize its not a good look to openly target minors for an Adult based humor show. kiddies moms would be all over that. andyour acting as though i have the final say on all things family guy im just talking about how i see it homie.

South Park is ok, I'll watch it when its on but I'm not a huge fan. They did absolutely own Family Guy on it though.

The Simpsons and Futurama are my favorite two post-childhood animated comedies. They have some of that physical humor that attracts kids but also has someintelligent humor laced in there that I didn't even notice when I was growing up until I rewatched a lot of it on DVD later on.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Like my man said..very cheap humor..it takes no talent to write that show..you could come up with a family guy joke in seconds..like "hey, remember that time I sang back up for michael jackson on the thriller tour?" Flash back to then..and there u have it..a lame joke! Btw..I'm 22 so I don't really know what children watch, but I'm damn sure 12 yr olds aren't watching family guy..why would they? None of the jokes would be funny to them..but its cool that u pull facts out of ur $@* to try and prove a point!

really so you saying NO 12 year old watches or understand family guy is based on hard core empirical data while my statement that some do is pulled out my $$%? ok then...

South Park is ok, I'll watch it when its on but I'm not a huge fan. They did absolutely own Family Guy on it though.

The Simpsons and Futurama are my favorite two post-childhood animated comedies. They have some of that physical humor that attracts kids but also has some intelligent humor laced in there that I didn't even notice when I was growing up until I rewatched a lot of it on DVD later on.
yea i just love cartoons in general futurama and simpsons are two of my favs the simpsons i think is the king of that cross over comedy betweenkids and adults.

Would you 2 stop bickering and ruining this thread with your BS argument?

Anyway, btt topic at hand.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Also, just watched my first few episodes of Summer Heights High, show is pretty funny. Anyone see this one on HBO? "Don't be such a f@gget ,sir" LOL

How I Met Your Mother
laugh.gif

Decided to watched the first 2 seasons on DVD and Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious. But this season is falling off a little bit for me.

I didn't realize Seinfeld was the greatest show of all time until about 4 years ago.

I'm now just realizing the potential greatness of The Office and 30 Rock.

if you took out the random *flashbacks* each episode would be about 5-7 minutes long. its very cheap humor, it just tries to be as extreme and random as possible playing on topical humor (those pop culture references) and drawn out scenes like where Peter was fighting the chicken where they kept the scene going for half the episode hoping people would find it funny because of the sheer length of the scene.

I can co-sign this... first off, I love Family Guy, but I saw a recent episode where they went on a famil vacation and left Stewie at home by accident. On theway there, Peter and the family break out into a song, that I swear is like 7 mins long. It's obviously some late 80s, or early 90s soft rock song, but...it was just ridiculous. Like, not even funny at all..

Lost.. purchased season 1 for $10 @ some used video store a couple weeks ago..

now i'm in the middle of season 4 (DVD)
embarassed.gif
tired.gif

The Life & Times of Tim on HBO, that @*+$ is straight comedy
roll.gif
roll.gif

i just watched the first 10 episodes on HBO onDemand and i was dyin laughing. They be doin dude too dirty on that show

You stupid girls, quit arguing about Family Guy. You either like it or you don't. You won't convince the other that you're right and you'rejacking this thread. For me it would have to be Zane's Sex Chronicles.
devil.gif

I never watched an episode of The Office until last week. It's pretty good
laugh.gif

And I've only been watching Entourage since Summer. Then I literally watched every episode on the web in a two week span
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom