Should Rondo be suspended for throwing Hinrich? update:Rondo will not be punished further

after the first 2 games of last year's finals this does not surprise me

for some reason the celtics can get away with anything compared to even teams like the lakers

GO BULLS!

gusyouout wrote:
Originally Posted by Durden7

gusyouout wrote:
I totally agree. Say someone aims a gun at another guy's head and pulls the trigger. The bullet just barely missed the victim. Why shouldn't the shooter be charged with attempted murder? Because the victim didn't actually get hit? Because he didn't die?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have heard some AWFUL analogies in this thread, but this, THIS right here is easily the worst analogy ive ever heard.

roll.gif

Seriously? Thats the BEST analogy you could come up with?

Please, elaborate. No point in making an argument if you don't give reasons or examples. It just came to me (and I didn't think it was hard to comprehend) so I typed it and I don't really see the problem. They both have the same premise: the intentions were bad, and the conclusions are different when they should correlate; bad intentions should equal punishment, not bad intentions that only follow through equal punishment.

Well if someone puts a gun at another persons head and pulls the trigger then theres obviously planned, thought out malice involved. Rondos basketball play (apoor one, but still a play) is VERY different than pointing a gun at someone. Rondos move wasnt thought out, it was reactionary.

The shooter WILL get charged with attempted murder if he misses, but not murder. There is also a big difference between someone pointing a gun at anotherperson in an attempt to shoot them and a player MAYBE, kinda, sorta, well not really tossing an "elbow" at another player. One is clear cut, theother is VERY gray.

Back
Top Bottom