Should I spend all my savings on a laptop?

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

I should clarify that the $100/month is my "fun" money because housing + meal plan + books  are paid for. 
Oh alright.

What form of financial aid are you using? If you're getting scholarships/grants, by all means splurge.

If, however, you're taking out loans, do not, I REPEAT, do not buy that computer. You'll regret it.

At the end of the day, it's your money though, so yea.

I should clarify that the $100/month is my "fun" money because housing + meal plan + books  are paid for. 
Oh alright.

What form of financial aid are you using? If you're getting scholarships/grants, by all means splurge.

If, however, you're taking out loans, do not, I REPEAT, do not buy that computer. You'll regret it.

At the end of the day, it's your money though, so yea.

my mom is paying for my education
tired.gif

yes, I'm spoiled

Originally Posted by JD214

I've been using a Mac since '04, could never go back to Windows after getting a Mac.

Mac >>>

Great investment IMO, Just do it.

This I've been a pc user all my life till I bought a MBP. I love it. OSX>>>windows by miles and then some.

Originally Posted by JD214

I've been using a Mac since '04, could never go back to Windows after getting a Mac.

Mac >>>

Great investment IMO, Just do it.

This I've been a pc user all my life till I bought a MBP. I love it. OSX>>>windows by miles and then some.

tired.gif

yes, I'm spoiled
Nothing wrong with being privileged.

At least you can cop that Macbook with no shame.

tired.gif

yes, I'm spoiled
Nothing wrong with being privileged.

At least you can cop that Macbook with no shame.

seriously, I copped at $320 laptop a few months back from Best Buy and it was the best thing I ever did. Dont waste your money on a MBP.

seriously, I copped at $320 laptop a few months back from Best Buy and it was the best thing I ever did. Dont waste your money on a MBP.

Eh..it's up to you and how badly you want a Macbook Pro. For me, I don't mind having a regular laptop because I just use my laptop for basics (web browsing, schoolwork, etc.). If you're the same type of person and the Mac vs. PC doesn't really matter, then you should just get the best laptop available for $600 to $750 and then save the rest of the money on whatever you want down the road. I have nothing against Macs but I bought a Toshiba for even cheaper than the amount I recommended to you ($450) and starting this fall, it will have lasted me 4 years with no major problems.

Eh..it's up to you and how badly you want a Macbook Pro. For me, I don't mind having a regular laptop because I just use my laptop for basics (web browsing, schoolwork, etc.). If you're the same type of person and the Mac vs. PC doesn't really matter, then you should just get the best laptop available for $600 to $750 and then save the rest of the money on whatever you want down the road. I have nothing against Macs but I bought a Toshiba for even cheaper than the amount I recommended to you ($450) and starting this fall, it will have lasted me 4 years with no major problems.

Back
Top Bottom