His mom pays for insurance on it

I'm just curious how bad parts are gonna cost em

Anybody can chime in?View media item 957422

Last edited:
My cousin bought a 99 323i for 4500 this weekend

Anybody can chime in?
Parts are expensive as hell. Really just depends on where you buy the parts from though. If you go to a BMW with a repair, its going to be expensive because they import their parts. If he goes online for part alternatives, more affordable.

4500 for a 99 323i seems expensive to me..............how many miles must be good condition

Whats an RN salary? Must be in the 60-70k range right?

Cop.

My brother makes 75k as an ER nurse (with just regular flex hours) in the city.

I'll say a 335xi. Sorry I didn't specify at first.

I'm in the market of purchasing one, but I just don't want to jump into anything without consulting other owners.

I'm graduating with a BSN on the 18th and I more or less have a RN job lined up if I pass my NCLEX this summer. I just wanted to know if an RN's salary would be sufficient enough to cover payments for that specific model without having to worry about drowning myself in debt.

I didn't really plan on purchasing a new car for A LONG time because I just wanted to drive my '02 Millenia until the wheels fall off (i figured I'd save money), but it seems like that time will be coming sooner than expected. :lol:

-Drew

Got student loans? Plan on renting? Just depends on your financial situation.

Student loans are covered, thankfully. My parents are leaving the house for my brother and I once I graduate. The've just been waiting for me to finish my BSN program and want to move to Dubai, Milan, or the Philippines. I was blessed enough to have two parents that looked out for me and my brother for our entire lives. I still want to be careful when it comes to finances, though because I'm considerably young and would love to still travel the world. If there's one thing my parents drilled into my head as I was growing up, it's not to take money for granted.

Whats an RN salary? Must be in the 60-70k range right?

Cop.

i know an RN with a new audi s4

I would love brand new, but I think I'm going with CPO. I just can't justify the price drop of a vehicle as soon as it leaves the car lot. :\

Quick question for the BMW owners here on NT, but how much do you guys usually make in a month?

-Drew

I get about $100/week in allowance or $80 if the new J's are releasing. Not because the shoes will be for me but cause my moms buys them for herself.

Other than that I make minimum wage at Footlocker but I've been busting my butt off so hopefully a promotion is in the near fuchure

You bought a 335ix, bro? I've never really had the chance to get a job when I was in college and I was always basically broke. All my focus went to my studies so I've always had the beat car in school lol.

-Drew

Last edited:
New England. and you?
BRUH. You in the New England area and you make $1,300 a Month...?

It cost dam near $1,300 for a Solid One-Bedroom Apt. in a decent neighborhood in Boston...

Even older Luxury Vehicles should be the farthest thing from your mind, broham. 
mean.gif

Anybody can chime in?
Not to scare him away or anything, but it gets expensive. I always say buying a car (used) is the easy part, but maintaining it is not. I've spent I don't even know how much on my bimmer just maintaining it, not even including mods I put in it. Most work I do myself as well, but now it's pretty much getting to the point that I'm probably going to sell it. Too much headaches and too much money already put into it. Or you can look at it this way, example: 

Check engine light comes on. I diagnose it and find out I need a new cam sensor from the dealer. And the sensor itself is already $100+. Luckily, I get to save money on the diagnosis and labor itself since I'm doing it, but imagine the cost for someone else who brings it to a shop to look at it. That's probably another $200+ depending on where you go. You figure this is only one of the many problems that a car will have in the future.

Although no matter what happens, I fall in love with the car still.

Last edited:

Anybody can chime in?View media item 957422

Not to scare him away or anything, but it gets expensive. I always say buying a car (used) is the easy part, but maintaining it is not. I've spent I don't even know how much on my bimmer just maintaining it, not even including mods I put in it. Most work I do myself as well, but now it's pretty much getting to the point that I'm probably going to sell it. Too much headaches and too much money already put into it. Or you can look at it this way, example: 

Check engine light comes on. I diagnose it and find out I need a new cam sensor from the dealer. And the sensor itself is already $100+. Luckily, I get to save money on the diagnosis and labor itself since I'm doing it, but imagine the cost for someone else who brings it to a shop to look at it. That's probably another $200+ depending on where you go. You figure this is only one of the many problems that a car will have in the future.

Good way to look at it

If any thing happens to it I can fix it since I got to take my tools home for the summer

Good way to look at it

If any thing happens to it I can fix it since I got to take my tools home for the summer
That's good, money is saved right there by the DIY'ers. I'm not going to lie, I love my bimmer still even though I don't drive it much anymore. It's a really safe car to be driving in, I like the way it looks, and I don't have to ever worry about it getting stolen. It's just every time a CEL comes on or there's some other problem that comes up, I already see dollar signs. Lol. Congrats on your cousin's purchase, I drive an e46 as well but mine's a coupe. 

Good way to look at it

That's good, money is saved right there by the DIY'ers. I'm not going to lie, I love my bimmer still even though I don't drive it much anymore. It's a really safe car to be driving in, I like the way it looks, and I don't have to ever worry about it getting stolen. It's just every time a CEL comes on or there's some other problem that comes up, I already see dollar signs. Lol. Congrats on your cousin's purchase, I drive an e46 as well but mine's a coupe. 
Jcjay I ***** with you man

But I need pics of the coupe if it ain't too much trouble

To son saying I'm looking at a True Religion Infiniti.... Not only was that unfunny, but it's been known it wasn't me in that pic. I have a hi-top fade, Genius.

I'm looking to buy this $8995 whip. Ima post it shortly. 63,000 miles and 06'. Jaguar :wow:

To son saying I'm looking at a True Religion Infiniti.... Not only was that unfunny, but it's been known it wasn't me in that pic. I have a hi-top fade, Genius.

I'm looking to buy this $8995 whip. Ima post it shortly. 63,000 miles and 06'. Jaguar :wow:

Dude...NOOOO.

Them early-mid 00's Jags are crap. You'll spend your whole check trying to fix stuff wrong with it.

Stop trying to stunt and go get a Honda/Toyota/Fusion/KIA or something.

Dip set as much as you wanna stunt and have a luxury whip it just isn't practical given your circumstances. By all means do what you want. But people who are older with more experience buying cars are telling you go the practical route which would be accord. Impala. Toyota etc. it's time to stunt later my friend. Just get a reliable whip you can afford to maintain and pay the note and insurance on.

Son wants a luxury brand SO badly :lol:

Homie about to cop a 91' Saab 900 w/ 275k miles on it....gonna pull up at the club, literally roll down the windows, and holla at a girl like "sup ma?"

:rofl: :rofl:

Dipset is the gift that keeps on giving.

Son wants a luxury brand SO badly :lol:

Homie about to cop a 91' Saab 900 w/ 275k miles on it....gonna pull up at the club, literally roll down the windows, and holla at a girl like "sup ma?"

:rofl: :rofl:

Dipset is the gift that keeps on giving.
:lol: :lol:

Diptroll General.

Still my ***** doe. :lol:

Anybody can chime in?

I can attest to the fact that things do get kind of pricey. I had a 2000 328i, and the last repair on it cost me a grand to get the water pump replaced. I also had tedious repairs like a sensor under the seat getting damaged by water somehow, causing a light on my dash to stay on. Loved the car, but I'm glad that headache is gone now. 

Last edited:
Dip set as much as you wanna stunt and have a luxury whip it just isn't practical given your circumstances. By all means do what you want. But people who are older with more experience buying cars are telling you go the practical route which would be accord. Impala. Toyota etc. it's time to stunt later my friend. Just get a reliable whip you can afford to maintain and pay the note and insurance on.

Solid advice.

And let's keep it real. Stunting means nothing if you living with your parents :lol:.

If you're at home you should be driving basic transportation and saving every dime you can to move out. Especially if you live in a expensive *** area.

Back
Top Bottom