Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

You aren't going to save anything buying that Beamer; you will end up racking up credit card debt and not paying your student loans

Having a car payment on $1300 is a bad idea in general; you are going to end up spending over 50% of your monthly income on a car just to fake floss

I can tell this thread has not done anything to steer you the right way

That's not necessarily true, he just needs to make sure his car payment is $260 or lower. He has no responsibility besides student loans. If he really wants the whip he'll fix his budget, including that high phone bill :x I understand what he's saying but it just comes off as he's not listening because he responds with more listings :lol:

If he needs a car NOW, there's no way around a car note

IMO I would take over the end of someone's lease while you stack to buy a used whip

or just buy a Camry/Accord/Altima and make sure the car note is $250 or less

Last edited:
That's not necessarily true, he just needs to make sure his car payment is $260 or lower. I understand what he's saying but it just comes off as he's not listening because he responds with more listings :lol:

If he needs a car NOW, there's no way around a car note

IMO I would take over the end of someone's lease while you stack to buy a used whip

or just buy a Camry/Accord/Altima and make sure the car note is $250 or less

$260 plus insurance and gas you are probably looking at $600 a month on a car...that is a good idea to you?

Man, you don't understand quality of life at all. You should take what you have saved and use a little on some experiences. Do you have to get another car? how much in repairs does the 4runner need?

$260 plus insurance and gas you are probably looking at $600 a month on a car...that is a good idea to you?

Yea OP, I don't think that's a good idea

Insurance will put you through the roof. Your 24, and leasing a car REQUIRES you to get full coverage, which will easily run you 250+ a month

Full coverage at best is running you $1000 every 6 months and that figure is probably a pipe dream; most likely looking at like $1500 or $250 a month just in insurance

Man OPee just get a 01-04 Civic.
Got mine for 3k, clean title, 125k miles.

Or cop a 96-00 civic, positive you can find it for under 3k, they're cheap & reliable.

Or cop an Integra, cheap & reliable.

Or 96-00 Accord.

@heLiumcLinton Your the only one actually really paying attention to what I have said over n' over n' over again.

@MarkAntony So why don't you go ahead and expound on the qualities of life for me, my brother.

@StillIllin and @FlyNY I hear y'all. Good lookin' out.

@Guzzy 3,000 for a Civic? I'm down. and I like Integra's. I'ma look now...

+

At how much mileage should I be lookin' at, fellas? 70K? 80K? 90K? 100K? give me a range.

@heLiumcLinton Your the only one actually really paying attention to what I have said over n' over n' over again.

@MarkAntony So why don't you go ahead and expound on the qualities of life for me, my brother.

@StillIllin and @FlyNY I hear y'all. Good lookin' out.

@Guzzy 3,000 for a Civic? I'm down. and I like Integra's. I'ma look now...

+

At how much mileage should I be lookin' at, fellas? 70K? 80K? 90K? 100K? give me a range.
As a sales/consultant for a MB Dealer, I will say that price for that 3 series is BOMB. Especially with a CPO warranty and only 26k miles man we never have anything less than $30K available for sale at our dealer. 

Now lets take a look at financing.... 

You make $1300 a month and it sounds like you have a decent credit score. You'll probably have around a $400-$500 monthly payment. Don't forget about insurance and gas, so probably around $600. As a young man myself, I would say to wait on this purchase. If you have a car and it works fine, I would continue to drive it. 

Buy a car straight cash for around $5k that has been well maintained and service records. Although you could probably afford this car, wouldn't want to see a brutha stretch himself!

Wait on the bimmer brutha. JUSTWAITON

As a sales/consultant for a MB Dealer, I will say that price for that 3 series is BOMB. Especially with a CPO warranty and only 26k miles man we never have anything less than $30K available for sale at our dealer. 

You make $1300 a month and it sounds like you have a decent credit score. You'll probably have around a $400-$500 monthly payment. Don't forget about insurance and gas, so probably around $600. As a young man myself, I would say to wait on this purchase. If you have a car and it works fine, I would continue to drive it. 

Buy a car straight cash for around $5k that has been well maintained and service records. Although you could probably afford this car, wouldn't want to see a brutha stretch himself!

Thank you for the advice. I'll wait on it.

Now my problem is I only have $2000 on me right now, at this very moment. I need a whip right now, though. @Guzzy suggested I get a 3K Civic or Integra.

my 97' 4Runner has been a cash cow for repairs. it has 209K mileage on it.

Thank you for the advice. I'll wait on it.

Now my problem is I only have $2000 on me right now, at this very moment. I need a whip right now, though. @Guzzy suggested I get a 3K Civic or Integra.

my 97' 4Runner has been a cash cow for repairs. it has 209K mileage on it.
Ahhhh this kinda changes the spectrum. 

Check used car dealers in your area, they work with just about anyone and will approve you but you may have a higher interest rate. 

Last edited:
Ok?

Reported btw
your point is? I simply reiterated what you said. With a statement that you only live once. Don't be salty kid. You continue to give bad advice when people are trying to give realistic and good advice .....
Didn't give bad advice at all, I told him his options. You people are answering a question he didn't ask. He needs a car right now and doesn't have enough money to buy in full. Take over a lease while you save or finance a cheap used car, it's simple. What you contributed had nothing to do with this topic.

Didn't give bad advice at all, I told him his options. You people are answering a question he didn't ask. He needs a car right now and doesn't have enough money to buy in full. Take over a lease while you save or finance a cheap used car, it's simple. What you contributed had nothing to do with this topic.
have you ever leased a vehicle? My guess is that you haven't. Taking over a leased vehicle especially for a luxury vehicle needs back approval and good to great credit. Then he has to look into all the lease restrictions and stipulations ... Then when you go turn the car in, it better be in impeccable conditions ... Most of the time they'll find stuff wrong and it's up to the individual to pay for the recondition to get the vehicle to their standards. All in all, knowing and reading his experience the last recommendation is a lease vehicle. Stop suggesting **** u dont have a clue about.

In additions my list of contributions have been as follow:

Don't buy a BMW do to your financial and gross income.

Narrow down your search to a specific kind economical compact sedan brand of etc.

I have suggested used KIA optima and Honda Accord.

Get pre-approved by a lending company so he knows how much buying power he will have. Figure his monthlies to see what's in his budget. Call insurance company after he had done the previous two and give them a list of vehicles to see how much insurance is going to run. If he has to adjust then redue last step. If you are good continue to look for vehicle. If he buys use make sure he does a full inspection to be paid by him in a dealership to see of the vehicle checks out and run a carfax. So on ..

Your advice is bs to this comprehensive and instructional advice. Be quiet ...

Last edited:
I think financing a cheap used car is the best possible idea, right now. Drive it for a year and a half and used my saved up funds and buy a lower mileage used car.

I think financing a cheap used car is the best possible idea, right now. Drive it for a year and a half and used my saved up funds and buy a lower mileage used car.

Why don't you try selling your Toyota? You may get a decent enough of cash and add to your down payment.

Last edited:
have you ever leased a vehicle? My guess is that you haven't. Taking over a leased vehicle especially for a luxury vehicle needs back approval and good to great credit. Then he has to look into all the lease restrictions and stipulations ... Then when you go turn the car in, it better be in impeccable conditions ... Most of the time they'll find stuff wrong and it's up to the individual to pay for the recondition to get the vehicle to their standards. All in all, knowing and reading his experience the last recommendation is a lease vehicle. Stop suggesting **** u dont have a clue about.

In additions my list of contributions have been as follow:

Don't buy a BMW do to your financial and gross income.

Narrow down your search to a specific kind economical compact sedan brand of etc.

I have suggested used KIA optima and Honda Accord.

Get pre-approved by a lending company so he knows how much buying power he will have. Figure his monthlies to see what's in his budget. Call insurance company after he had done the previous two and give them a list of vehicles to see how much insurance is going to run. If he has to adjust then redue last step. If you are good continue to look for vehicle. If he buys use make sure he does a full inspection to be paid by him in a dealership to see of the vehicle checks out and run a carfax. So on ..

Your advice is bs to this comprehensive and instructional advice. Be quiet ...

1. I was referring to the post that I reported not contributing to this thread :tongue:
2. You're still talking a BMW when we been off that for 5 pages :lol: :lol: annoying
3. I have taken over a lease before from one of the websites I recommended and the process you detailed was not what happen + the original leaser was still on the lease contract as being liable even after I took over the lease but please continue about back approval and great credit :rolleyes
4. I didn't give advice, I give him his options if he needs a car right this moment :D

Last edited:
3. I have taken over a lease before from one of the websites I recommended and the process you detailed was not what happen + the original leaser was still on the lease contract as being liable even after I took over the lease but please continue about back approval and great credit :rolleyes
I don't believe you and neither will any educated person. Who the **** is going to let a stranger from a board take over his lease without removing him self from any and all liabilities. Not saying it's impossible but I highly doubt it. Only a dumb person would do that ... Anyways ok whatever you said. ...

Back
Top Bottom