Shopping while black Vol. Multi-tasking??

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

This has less to do with race, and more about a deeply ingrained indifference towards other people's problems. The "It's not my problem" attitude that has saturated our society, and is the main cause of most of our societies problems.
I agreed until the part where the sales clerk has a conversation with the customers.

You mean to tell me you wouldn't pull a
ca0252ce8bc7ede3b2df17bff9f89fcb88248a4.gif
if the clerk said some craziness to you?
laugh.gif

nothing in this video is shocking. not the way the actors behaved or the way the onlookers did nothing about it. i have countless stories about this happeningand it's ironic that they used soho because that's where it's most prevalent.

This is some !%*%+##+!!!!

I was at the mall the other day and walked into coach...
there was a security guard at the door, i walked in and began to look around...
$#%$$%+!$@@* kept within feet of me and kept his eyes on me like i was megan foxx in a 2 piece...
he was obviously trying to play it cool like i didnt know what he was doing...
i knew exactly what he was doing the entire time...
so i walk out the door of the store and its like he walked me to it..
he stayed at the door...
i stayed watchin him from outside the store where he didnt see me...
i seen a bunch of ppl walk in n out...
dude did not follow a single other person inside and kept within feet of them..
i wanted to go over there and do something ( i dont even know what i was so pissed that i didnt know what i would do).
My friends told me to just chill and dont worry about it or i would so something i would regret.

Damn i had a pretty dope line up there huh

It's not just shopping while black though. Store employees not only profile minorities but also other categories of people as well. The most profiled groupof people are probably youth because they are perceived as being troublemakers who do not have money to spend anyways. Employees are also guilty of profilingcustomers based on the clothes they wear and this applies to everyone regardless of race.

FreshMoney15 wrote:

$#%$$%+!$@@* kept within feet of me and kept his eyes on me like i was megan foxx in a 2 piece...
he stayed at the door...
i wanted to go over there and do something ( i dont even know what i was so pissed that i didnt know what i would do).
My friends told me to just chill and dont worry about it or i would so something i would regret.

Word. That #$^^ was hot fire.
pimp.gif

My guy in the western jacket held it down.

In reponse to alot of replies of course the out shinning topic in this documentary is
that people aren't willing to take action towards situations not concerning them unless
it becomes evident by the public to do so, hence the line following the lady at the end.

As for the "black card" guy.
It seems like to me he just wanted to fit in with everybody.
Consoling the clerk in the store..but then going on the agree with the interviewer.
I know I'm not talking to myself. NT is not some exclusive club somewhere isolated. We ARE those people out there.
and we have got to do better.

Side Note: Woman in the red could have def gotten the business.
happy.gif

The dude who made the "Black Card" remark was probably one of the more severe reactions. But I've ran into a lot of guys like this, they changetheir tune to whats appropriate at the time.

...That was a great illustration of closet racism.

This happened to me once at an heb near my house. I went ape $%*+ on the lady. Her statement was "im the manager and i can do anything i want." wewere some honest young black kids, would had money because we have full time jobs as CSR's. And this lady is watching us like we were going to stealsomething. this was when i was 17 or 18. She was fixing a cart of already perfectly arranged shampoo bottles, and watching us.
We just finished playing ball, so we went up their to grab some gatorade and stuff.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

FreshMoney15 wrote:

he stayed at the door...

pimp.gif

In reponse to alot of replies of course the out shinning topic in this documentary is
that people aren't willing to take action towards situations not concerning them unless
it becomes evident by the public to do so, hence the line following the lady at the end.

Consoling the clerk in the store..but then going on the agree with the interviewer.
I know I'm not talking to myself. NT is not some exclusive club somewhere isolated. We ARE those people out there.

happy.gif

yea i strongly cosign with that. this video/experiment was wild interesting. i was in awe at how many times she took a L w/o anyone saying otherwise. so youcan def believe i was cheering for those 2 women who had the guts to say thats wrong and roll out with her. the other customers are str8 followers tho. nyc isgenerally one of the most diverse places in the world id say, especially queens. growin up, i had friends of all backgrounds, but still
smh.gif
at how racism stillhas grasp on a few people there...

this vids are great to watch, anyone remember the "Indian woman and the bakery"?

and
indifferent.gif
that one guy saying black card.

I understand the experiment and it's more than just race. People tend to want to stay out of other people's business when they're in trouble

Originally Posted by toast1985

The dude who made the "Black Card" remark was probably one of the more severe reactions. But I've ran into a lot of guys like this, they change their tune to whats appropriate at the time.

...That was a great illustration of closet racism.

I'd love to kick the %@+# outta that dude. "Did she try to play the black card?"
grin.gif
. @+++%+! coward.

Originally Posted by shaolin

this vids are great to watch, anyone remember the "Indian woman and the bakery"?

and
indifferent.gif
that one guy saying black card.
That was the first one of these I ever saw. They did that one in Texas. They also did the one on black people in a car in an upscale neighborhoodversus white people actually vandalizing cars in that same neighborhood

Originally Posted by THE FAME

FreshMoney15 wrote:

he stayed at the door...

pimp.gif

happy.gif

Haha good lookin out my dude... @*$* just came to me too and i was like damn that was dope!

But back to the topic:

Ya this definitely goes on way too much...
I hate when people stereotype or judge me... its my pet peeve.

Yall remember Smart Guy??

Member that one episode where Yvette and her white friend worked at that retail shop
then the manager asked her white friend to keep an eye on "that type"
so Yvette got mo and her white friend to go in there while the manager was working...
told mo to just look around while the manager followed him
told the white guy to shop lift some stuff cuz the manager wouldnt notice
taped the whole thing n showed it to the manager
then when to the CEO (a black guy) of the company and showed it to him
had him to inside the shope and pretty much set that manager straight

That idea was insane.
I honestly wanna pull some @*$* like this and just set people straight

But hey theres a solution:

We are the next generation!
We need to stop the stereotyping and the judging of people.
Its up to us.
We will teach our kids to do the same and so on.
This will not change overnight...
But we do need change.
Thats REAL TALK.

Haha look at me sounding all philosophical n @*$* haha

Im a very chill dude, but if that +@+% there ever happen to me. I swear I would act a fool in that store.

I think I would've said sumtin to the clerk. I'm completely against prejudice and racism. And to see sumtin escalate to that level, I'm pretty sureI would'nt have sat there ans watched the #++% go down.
smh.gif
@ "sheplayed the black card"

As a retail employee who works with high-end merchandise, I can tell you we profile everyone, regardless of race. It's part of being a human being andhaving experience dealing thousands of shoppers over the years. And 95% of the time our assumption is dead-on. The problem is different races develop uniqueshopping patterns that we identify (I'd go more in depth, but I'm sure NT's PC Police would report it). We'll greet every customer and offerhelp, but beyond that it's on the shopper to actually show an interest in being helped.

I think I would've said sumtin to the clerk. I'm completely against prejudice and racism. And to see sumtin escalate to that level, I'm pretty sureI would'nt have sat there ans watched the #%!@ go down.
smh.gif
@ "sheplayed the black card"

dmbrhs wrote:
As a retail employee who works with high-end merchandise, I can tell you we profile everyone, regardless of race. It's part of being a human being and having experience dealing thousands of shoppers over the years. And 95% of the time our assumption is dead-on. The problem is different races develop unique shopping patterns that we identify (I'd go more in depth, but I'm sure NT's PC Police would report it). We'll greet every customer and offer help, but beyond that it's on the shopper to actually show an interest in being helped.

I also am a retail employee who works with high-end merchandise...$300 Jordans.
But that doesnt mean that you basically strip search certain people based upon assumption?
Follow them neck hair close around the store?
Address an assumption in the fore front of the public eye?
Harass someone with no evidence that this person even intends to shoplift besides their "appearance"?

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
man this has happened to me before. im Black BTW. TYpical Sterotype that they place on Black people

Back
Top Bottom