Sharing A Place With Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend

man I cant believe this thread was made while I was getting a remote slung at me n bruised and my things tossed from the bedroom to the living room last night...

Im 24 n my girl is 23 and man we have tried living together on two occasions, the most recent this past month and before for a 4 month period and they both have almost ended the relationship

OP to make it work its all about MATURITY RESPECT n being KNOWLEDGEABLE at all times of things that can lead to an argument!!!

be advised there will be alot more petty arguments leading to bigger fights, ur going 2 be pissed off alot more easier and ur gonna wanna call her stupid 2 to 3 times a day....effed up thing about it she will feel the same way about u....

Don't do it. I tried it before and everything just went downhill

If you guys were engaged then that's different. But I wouldnt suggest living with a girlfriend.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

tough situation. It could either bring you two closer together or make you guys hate each other. i suggest you guys wait until marriage

It could do that after marriage too... It'd be better to find out each other's living habits and whatnot before marriage, rather than "taking the plunge" and being completely disgusted and annoyed with your partner

You should test drive a car before you buy it.

PROS:

if she cooks(well) its a plus
splitting bills down the middle is a plus
in house "box"

CONS:

issues may arise about your/her friends &/or family comin over
bills (if theyre not equally split or paid on time...depending on the pre arranged set up)
never having space/ time alone
she might nag you about stuff you dont feel is a big deal

My girl asked me if we oculd get  a place together after my lease is up...

I kinda reluctuntly agreed....

its 21 & 19....i lived on my own for 3 years, and done the whole crazy party phase, but tahts behind...im not sure im quite ready to be domesticated....I kinda get tired after spending all weekend together...

There's no leaving or going somewhere without an explanation...
There are gonna be messes...
More arguments...

I moved in with my girl when I was 20 and she was 25....
We're still happily together, but we wouldn't have had some of the issue we've gotten past if we hadn't moved in so quick.

I was with my girl for 2 years and I was 24.  It lasted about 4 months.  I would suggest not to do it unless yall have an extremely commited relationship.  If you cheat or text behind her back or anything fishy, it ain't going to work.  If you suspect she does anything like that don't do it.  My ex was would leave her clothes all over the floor, just was lazy.  It sucked trust me.  Only pros was no driving to see her and poon all the time.

what exactly are yall learning when moving in w/ your women?

I would hope that after a few years you would know their habits and such.
but I would say under 26y/o is too young.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

...then again, I don't believe in premarital co-habitation

What is your reasoning behind this?

oddly enough--this is stemmed over from when I was really involved in church etc.

I'm not overly involved anymore, but I still believe in premarital cohabitation.  If you are going to live together, go in for the "real" deal, not shacking up.  That's just my personal view on it though..I don't knock people who do it.  Plus, living together, there's too much "gray" area--names on bills, deeds, etc.  There's no legal coverage in terms of what property is involved. 

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

I think waiting to move in with your gf or bf until marriage isn't a good idea.

Because it's good to have experience on how each other acts and each other's habits.
yea thats what i thought too but suprisingly theres alot of people saying otherwise.
There's no leaving or going somewhere without an explanation...
yea i was jus discussin this the other with my boy how she had made me so hot one day and i wanted to leave the house.(i usually do that to avoid escalating the matter.) then hes like when yall move in together theres not goin to none of that and more than likely hes right. so i kno thats somethin i have to work on but things change with time so....

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I wish I would have known how much of a slob my ex gf was gonna be. I was constantly cleaning after her gigantic messes it was ridiculous. So looking back, I wish we would have set up some sort of chore system.

Just saw this thread. I will have to set this up before we move in.
pimp.gif

what exactly do you learn about living w/someone before marriage that would actually end your marriage if you'd waited to move in together after you were married? i cant imagine anything that could lead to divorce outside of the obvious cheating...

Back
Top Bottom