Shaq to cleveland for ben wallace?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

If the Cavs can add Shaq, and some sort of big guard, they'll be straight.

Correct. Igauskas got muscled in the low post ( when he actually played in the low post) They need some other help too

Acquiring Shaq would be great for the Cavs. Limit his regular season minutes in order to keep him fresh and injury-free. In February, March, April increase hisminutes to ensure he's in the best shape possible for the playoffs. Shaq would have no trouble shutting down D12 in the playoffs and Shaq's prescencewould make life difficult for the Celtics.

He may not be as good as he once was but Shaq comes with an oncourt reputation that strikes fear in 98% of the NBA
laugh.gif

I wanted this trade to go down this year, but Cavs didn't want to give up wally. Might be too little too late, but this trade does help both parties, thesuns can buy out Ben to retire, shaq comes off the books in 2010, then cavs can use that money another big contract like bosh/yao/etc. But if Shaq can stayhealthy and give the cavs 20 productive minutes, they can go far. Especially when post play is a huge factor in the playoffs, and shaq is a great passer outthe post

steve kerrs GM checklist:

-Trade the only versatile defensive player for someone who doesnt fit into the offense

-Drive Mike D'Antoni out of town because what did he ever do for us?

-Hire a set offense style coach who doesnt let a team built to run get up up and down

-Make sure to get rid of the only two defensive players left for a show off two gaurd that gets his break away dunk blocked

-Get rid of the player who has some of the highest trade value out there for a non starter and someone who wants to retire

-Piss off Amare, nash, barbosa, and everyone else who means anything

did he miss anything?

people really never learn

how can there be people who think it will be a "cakewalk" to a title if a sub-par shaq joins the cavs. It boggles my mind.

shaq will clog the lane. Plus they will still have mike brown as their coach. It's possible that this could work. But don't start proclaiming the cavschampions. I would LOVE to see dwight and shaq go at it though.

The Cavs woulda won with shaq this year. If they didnt ahve weak dudes down low there woulda been no need to double Dwight. Shaq can hold is own on D withanyone down low. That was the cavs only problem.

I dont want the cavs to get shaq though.
Cuz shaq would have won a chip with kobe wade and then Lebron.

I want lebron to get it without shaq.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Anybody who thinks this is a bad move is an idiot.

In 2009-2010, the Cavs are going to drop $20 million on Pavlovic and Ben Wallace. Why not spend the same $20 million on Shaq?

EXACTLY. You dudes are ******ed. Shaq has 1 year left on his contract. After the 09-10 season, there is no obligation to pay/resign him. His expiring $20 milcontract would free us up to get Bosh
pimp.gif
if Shaq/next years squad isn't the solution...And if and this is a BIG IF, we get Shaq AND Sheed, we would be aPROBLEM.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
...Also LMFAO @ the dudes wondering who would start..."Z or Shaq"
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The Cavs woulda won with shaq this year. If they didnt ahve weak dudes down low there woulda been no need to double Dwight. Shaq can hold is own on D with anyone down low. That was the cavs only problem.

not the only they also struggled with perimeter shooting and their perimeter defense

they need a bigger 2guard that is a good consistent scorer

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

The Cavs woulda won with shaq this year. If they didnt ahve weak dudes down low there woulda been no need to double Dwight. Shaq can hold is own on D with anyone down low. That was the cavs only problem.

not the only they also struggled with perimeter shooting and their perimeter defense

Well they def had other problems but they were losing by 1 or 2 points a game. If they didnt have to double dwight the magic wouldnt of had somany open shots.
When they didnt double dwight he man handled anyone gaurding him. What was it, in that OT game where he scored 4 consecutive times on varajao then varajaofouled out.

Hmmm...this would make for a very interesting season and dynamic to see how the Cavs would change their style of play. With the Big Cleveland Steamer down low,he might clog up those driving lanes that Bron needs. I still don't see how this solves the Cavs problem of little guards on the perimeter or their notbeing quick or athletic inside but oh well....And if this happens and the Cavs/Lakers meet in next years Finals, what a circus that will be
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

Well they def had other problems but they were losing by 1 or 2 points a game. If they didnt have to double dwight the magic wouldnt of had so many open shots.
When they didnt double dwight he man handled anyone gaurding him. What was it, in that OT game where he scored 4 consecutive times on varajao then varajao fouled out.

yea your right but also another consistent scorer would take some of the load off Lebron so he doesnt have to score 40 a night.

mo williams was supposed to be that guy but he went m.i.a. in the ecf

2yopugm.jpg

awp5ix.jpg

sfz194.jpg

k3w5tj.jpg

@ the BARE MINMUM...the squad would be a major PROBLEM (those two champion vets would be hungry as !%*% FTW)...LBJ would show the world how good he actually iswith a REAL supporting cast.
pimp.gif
...Like I said, it's a BIG "IF" but Cot Damn if it happens! With the way Steve Kerr has ran the Sunsorganization, I think Shaq to CLE is inevitable
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
...after that, Sheed will be easy to convince. Make it happen Danny!

so you are like those laker fans that are ONLY kobe fans? You would turn fdown a title just to not have Shaq on the team?
Pathetic

46587340353750973608216.jpg
roll.gif

Jun 15, 2009 7:05 AM EST

West_Delonte_cle.jpg
When the Suns and Cavaliers discussed a trade involving Shaquille O'Neal this past winter, Delonte West was reportedly the deal-breaker.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote on Monday that Phoenix wanted West in a package for O'Neal, and while the two sides were never "close" to a deal, the Cavaliers consider West "nearly untouchable."

Windhorst also downplayed recent rumors that the two clubs had rekindled their negotiations.

The Cavaliers, he says, simply checked in with the Suns to see if there was any movement possible heading into next week's NBA Draft.

when Delonte is too much of an asset to give up, you have no assets.

are you saying delonte is a bum? aside from LeGod, he was the cavaliers best player and one of the only reasons they mad eit that far in the playoffs ...

Lebron wins his first Championship!! = Whooooo hoooo!!!!!!!

LeBron wins his first Championship with the help the diesel!!! = Ehhhhhhh, awww boooooo

Originally Posted by knightngale

The Cavs woulda won with shaq this year. If they didnt ahve weak dudes down low there woulda been no need to double Dwight. Shaq can hold is own on D with
anyone down low. That was the cavs only problem.

so you are like those laker fans that are ONLY kobe fans? You would turn fdown a title just to not have Shaq on the team?
Pathetic

46587340353750973608216.jpg
roll.gif

34354.png

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jun 15, 2009 7:05 AM EST

West_Delonte_cle.jpg

When the Suns and Cavaliers discussed a trade involving Shaquille
O'Neal this past winter, Delonte West was reportedly the deal-breaker.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote on Monday that
Phoenix wanted West in a package for O'Neal, and while the two sides
were never "close" to a deal, the Cavaliers consider West "nearly
untouchable."

Windhorst also downplayed recent rumors that the two clubs had rekindled their negotiations.

The Cavaliers, he says, simply checked in with the Suns to see if
there was any movement possible heading into next week's NBA Draft.
when Delonte is too much of an asset to give up, you have no assets.

laugh.gif

where is everyone getting sheed from?? what is cleveland going to have to give up to acquire him?? I really cant stand sheed but if he joins cleveland illwelcome him with open arms
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom