Shaq to cleveland for ben wallace?

This would be a terrible trade on 2 levels. 1st Cleveland needs a long term big man for LBJ if they want him to stay so acquiring Shaq and him giving you onegood season won't cut it. Yeah definitely Shaq would improve the team but still you gotta look at it from a long term stand point. 2nd they need someonefresh and young not a player that most would agree is past his prime, past prime players are good for coming off the bench not starting, although Shaq did havea good season at Phx guess what they still didnt make the playoffs so..... Cavs need a versatile PF sorta on the level of a Dirk

They would win the title, Shaq would be motivated with Lebron on his team. Anyways i dont see this trade happening.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Cleveland is about 4 months late with this trade. They should had made the trade before the trade deadline.

Basically.
laugh.gif

I still remember OC staying it was good to stay put at the trade deadline. "it always isn't about how many moves you make and if it ain't brokedon't fix it".
roll.gif
You'd rather keep wally and Ben who give youabsolutely nothing than get a title contending piece?
roll.gif

And if they somehow get Sheed too, it'd be a wrap. I could definitely see the comparison to the '06 Heat if this went down.

its simple shaqs contract expires thats 20 mil to chase some top tier big man after 2010 possibly chris bosh not to mention enticing lebron to stay with thepossiblity of the press they'll get for kobe/gasol lebron/shaq in the finals
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

Wow steve kerr better have some serious plans for the Suns...We already know Amare is bouncin..Nash and Hill aren't starter quality anymore ..jrich and matt barnes didnt workout and there is a bunch off garbage on the bench..only great underrated player they have is barbosa..Suns have to rebuild ..Kerr is stiupid though i know hes trying but its not working ..its bad enough they didnt make the playoffs..this team hasnt been the same since they traded Marion ..Shaq sells tickets this stupid trade is gonna blow up in his face.Thisis a GREAT trade for the Cavs especially if they bring in Sheed at the PF spot ..I still think they need a bigger SG and some better bench players... The East is only gonna get even tougher next year Expect the C's,Magic,Wizards, Bulls to be even stronger next season..A 38 year old Shaq is better than anyone not named Lebron like earlier stated
I'm a Suns fan...just wondering if anyone else that follows them gets the impresison that this team has absolutely NO DIRECTION anymore? Kerrhas been nothing short of useless since he took over as GM.

I don't see why PHX would do this, it's not like Shaq has a long-+++ contract, let him expire, it's not like Big Ben and Sasha Pavlovic is going todo ANYTHING for your team.

Im sorry but I cant see how most of you are saying Shaq over any Center on that team???? skill wise yes, but the way that team plays NOOO.

Lebron wit the pick and pop with Andy and Z is money.

Z cant gaurd the pick and roll so i doubt shaq will do a much better job.

Z forces the big men to come out and opens up the basket for LBJ, shaq will just clutter it and I doubt lebron will be as effective in the paint with Shaq downthere.

If shaq came, and they won, lebron would have more reason to bounce. he gave Cle a championship what else could they ask of him.

Stupid trade for both teams, with those expiring contracts I think Cle can do better, and Kerr
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by BangDak

i like what someone posted earlier.
sheed+shaq added would make this team deadly.
what i like: veteran experience
shaq's dominance in the low post.
shaq can easily replace big z+verjayjay in the post, making good use of contracts(sign+trade/z's expiring?)
dislikes: shaqs getting old.
cavs sort of play an uptempo game, can shaq keep up?
once shaq's contract expires, who plays the center after? you gota think long-term with shaq's age/legs.
2 guys past their prime will make them deadly? Cavs need to get younger up front, not older.
They've got a young core with Mo, LeBron, West. This reminds me of when Miami won...filling the other spots with vets and eventually winning.
if anything, trade mo. dude is hot garbage imo.
yes, they're past their prime, but you're lying to yourself if you dont think they're going to bring a winning mentality to this team.
btw, with sheed at the 4 shooting 3s, shaq down low to clean up boards/finish, lebron facilitating/driving to the hoop, you dont think thats deadly?
thats a pretty scary front court if you ask me.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

i like what someone posted earlier.
sheed+shaq added would make this team deadly.
what i like: veteran experience
shaq's dominance in the low post.
shaq can easily replace big z+verjayjay in the post, making good use of contracts(sign+trade/z's expiring?)
dislikes: shaqs getting old.
cavs sort of play an uptempo game, can shaq keep up?
once shaq's contract expires, who plays the center after? you gota think long-term with shaq's age/legs.
2 guys past their prime will make them deadly? Cavs need to get younger up front, not older.
They've got a young core with Mo, LeBron, West. This reminds me of when Miami won...filling the other spots with vets and eventually winning.
if anything, trade mo. dude is hot garbage imo.
yes, they're past their prime, but you're lying to yourself if you dont think they're going to bring a winning mentality to this team.
btw, with sheed at the 4 shooting 3s, shaq down low to clean up boards/finish, lebron facilitating/driving to the hoop, you dont think thats deadly?
thats a pretty scary front court if you ask me.
Honestly Mo isn't garbage. Dude just had a HORRIBLE playoff run.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

Wow steve kerr better have some serious plans for the Suns...We already know Amare is bouncin..Nash and Hill aren't starter quality anymore ..jrich and matt barnes didnt workout and there is a bunch off garbage on the bench..only great underrated player they have is barbosa..Suns have to rebuild ..Kerr is stiupid though i know hes trying but its not working ..its bad enough they didnt make the playoffs..this team hasnt been the same since they traded Marion ..Shaq sells tickets this stupid trade is gonna blow up in his face.Thisis a GREAT trade for the Cavs especially if they bring in Sheed at the PF spot ..I still think they need a bigger SG and some better bench players... The East is only gonna get even tougher next year Expect the C's,Magic,Wizards, Bulls to be even stronger next season..A 38 year old Shaq is better than anyone not named Lebron like earlier stated
I'm a Suns fan...just wondering if anyone else that follows them gets the impresison that this team has absolutely NO DIRECTION anymore? Kerr has been nothing short of useless since he took over as GM.
Looks at avy/sig
alien.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

shaq would def make cavs a championship team......

i still cant figure out why shaq didnt work in phoenix.

cuz our franchise is +%@#++
tired.gif
offensive mentality coaches and staff, FTL
i don't even know how this would work out..

^^ that dude mjd77 aint no Suns fan, what the hell

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

The question is, who would start? Z or Shaq?
nerd.gif

there's no way shaq is backing up Z. He was clearly more effective last year, and with Shaq's ego, I'm sure that's not even a real debate.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

The question is, who would start? Z or Shaq?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
I really wish Z would decline his player option for09/10. He gets a free pass around town because people think he's been loyal to the team. My take is that it's very easy to be loyal when the Cavs havepaid you over $150 million to play basketball. Z needs to give back to the team by declining the player option, retiring and freeing cap space to get betterplayers.

Back
Top Bottom