Shaq to cleveland for ben wallace?

Just got home from the graveyard shift.Watching espn,talking about shaq being traded for ben wallace????!!!!!!SC saying talks are heating up.What do yallthink???if im late,sorry.(puts on flame suit)..lol

I think this is bad for lebron because if bron wins next year than his ring will have an * to laker/kobe fans because he "needed" an old out of primeshaq to do it

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

I think this is bad for lebron because if bron wins next year than his ring will have an * to laker/kobe fans because he "needed" an old out of prime shaq to do it

1. He won't win next year unless the Cavs somehow get a player who is top 3 for his position during the offseason.
2. If he won (which he won't), how the hell would that be the same? Shaq was easily the most dominant player between 99 and 02. These days he's noteven half of what he was then. If Wade isn't criticized for needing a 33 year-old Shaq to win, I doubt even the biggest Kobe fan/LeBron hater wouldcriticized for "needing" a 37 year-old Shaq to win. Eitherway, LeBron won't win !!+# with these bums before he leaves this bum organization. 6seasons and the best they could give him is Mo Williams? A 37 year-old Shaq simply isn't going to cut it.

This trade won't happen BTW.

laugh.gif
At Ben Wallace making $14 million.

Cavs lost because their perimeter defense is terrible, acquiring Shaq will not make the team better.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

I think this is bad for lebron because if bron wins next year than his ring will have an * to laker/kobe fans because he "needed" an old out of prime shaq to do it

1. He won't win next year unless the Cavs somehow get a player who is top 3 for his position during the offseason.
2. If he won (which he won't), how the hell would that be the same? Shaq was easily the most dominant player between 99 and 02. These days he's not even half of what he was then. If Wade isn't criticized for needing a 33 year-old Shaq to win, I doubt even the biggest Kobe fan/LeBron hater would criticized for "needing" a 37 year-old Shaq to win. Eitherway, LeBron won't win !!+# with these bums before he leaves this bum organization. 6 seasons and the best they could give him is Mo Williams? A 37 year-old Shaq simply isn't going to cut it.

This trade won't happen BTW.
real talk right here ^^^

but on the real its a wrap for the eastern conference once KG is back
smokin.gif
.and once kg and powe are back to full health
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

so it doesnt matter cavs suck .

If they get Shaq that is a championship team.

Shaq isn't Shaq but he is still a very good player. The Cleveland offense needs someone they can throw it in to the post and get points kind of like Kareemand magic.

Shaq is still a very efficient player and still and all star level player, they just need a bigger shooting gaurd so delonte can come of the bench.

getting Shaq would help somewhat but it certainly won't fix all the problems that cavs have.

The only thing Shaq would bring at this point is that championship mentality.

Cavs certainly could use that type of swag/supreme confidence.

But they should look in another direction for it.

title was a bit misleading..made me think the trade went down already (put a question mark at the end)

Originally Posted by SHUGES

The only thing Shaq would bring at this point is that championship mentality.
laugh.gif
The only thing? How about productivity on thecourt as well? Shaq avg. 18 and 8 and was an ALL NBA player THIS YEAR.

The Cavs would be stupid to not make this trade if possible. It's old, yet still productive Shaq for absolute trash. And the motivation aspectwould be (as he knows this would be his very last oppritunity to win again) so you won't have worry about the Shaq that Miami saw the tailend of histenure there.

Shaq will be a great help in the off season if and when the Cavs have to battle Dwight again. With Shaq in the middle, I don't think Dwight can muscle hisway to the basket that much

laugh.gif
Shaq is still a better basketball player than anybody on that team not named LeBron...

All he'd bring is a different mentality? Give me a break. He's still one of the three or four best centers in basketball... Only Yao and Dwight arereally better....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Shaq is still a better basketball player than anybody on that team not named LeBron...

All he'd bring is a different mentality? Give me a break. He's still one of the three or four best centers in basketball... Only Yao and Dwight are really better....

LMAO!!!!

SHAQ cant even play back to back games effectively anymore...

It'll take more than SHAQ, they need another player who can demand a doubleteam everygame....

Not every other game...

*EDIT-if they add a BIG GUARD w/ SHAQ theyd have a serious SQUAD...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4257421

Report: Suns, Cavs talking Shaq again

ESPN.com news services

Talk between the Phoenix Suns and Cleveland Cavaliers of a trade that would have Shaquille O'Neal playing with LeBron James next season is "heating up again," according to a report in TheArizona Republic.

The trade rumor involving O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic may sound practical for Phoenix and dynamic for Cleveland and has beenconfirmed to ESPN.com by a team executive, but another source close to the situation said "there's nothing going on" between the two teams.

O'Neal, 37, will make $20 million next season in the final year of his current deal, while Wallace will make $14 million in the last year of hiscontract and Pavlovic $4.9 million with only $1.5 million guaranteed.

The salary swap is close enough to make the trade work under the salary-cap guidelines, and the Suns would save $10 million in the transaction -- $4.5million in salary and $5.5 million in luxury-tax payments.

They could save even more money if Wallace takes a buyout, a possibility that was raised when Wallace said he was considering retirement after the Cavs'Eastern Conference finals loss to the Orlando Magic.

If the Suns acquired him and bought out his contract for less than face value, they could lower their actual expenditures, although the full amount wouldstill count toward their luxury-tax total.

Multiple sources close to the situation confirmed to ESPN.com in late February that a deal sending O'Neal to the Cavaliers had been discussed.

Wallace and Pavlovic were offered to the Suns for O'Neal as part of the Cavs' well-chronicled quests to add one more big man for the playoffs andshow James they were serious about an NBA championship.

Information from ESPN.com's J.A. Adande and Marc Stein was used in this report.

That's a weak return for the Suns...at least get a draft pick or young prospect to go along with the expirings.

He would help the team out a lot, but wouldn't solve everything. They would still have to make a couple moves after that in order to advance.

Back
Top Bottom