***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Victorino made a big effort to win. He campaigned throughout Philadelphia, even knocking on doors with Mayor Michael Nutter in South Philadelphia. He appeared on local and national TV and radio. He appeared in commercials. The Phillies promoted him heavily throughout the ballpark, including having ballgirls wear Hawaiian shirts.

One of the Phillies' biggest vote promotions was Victorino's brainchild. Per his suggestion, the club partnered with the Tigers and Inge for a "Vote Bran-Torino!" initiative, referencing the hit Clint Eastwood film.

"The Giants and Texas did it," Victorino said, explaining his idea. "We [were] both in second place. Why don't we join forces and join together?"

Inge and Victorino unquestionably helped each other through the Bran-Torino alliance, which was formed mutually by the Tigers and Phillies after the first day of balloting saw their candidates trailing. Their pictures were side-by-side on both teams' Web sites.

The two teams even offered incentives.

Phillies fans who voted for Victorino were entered to win a No. 8 signed jersey and baseball. The Tigers offered fans who voted at least 100 times for Inge a sweepstakes incentive that included participation in a ceremonial first-pitch event, two infield box seats, a batting practice jersey and much more.

link

I lost respect for him when he knocked the ball out of Vizquel's glove during a pickle in the first game Lincecum pitched. What a jerk.

Originally Posted by dland24

SUCH BULL %$$@.

mad.gif

I can't stand Victorino and how ESPN loves him. He won, cause ESPN wanted him to win. No love for Pablo and his campain.

I hope Pablo becomes angry. I hope he takes on a persona of pure hatred.
I want Pablo to become Dark Pablo. He would have a black glove, black bat, black aura around him. I want him to choke Victirion to death. Evil Panda Power.

It's not all that surprising seeing as he had a pretty extensive campaign, much bigger than Pablo's. Plus, he's in a situation to get more nationalpublicity and votes. I have a feeling Manuel is going to take Kemp to fill Beltran's spot too. Oh well, I'm over and will just be looking forward toTimmy and Cainer pitching.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

I want Pablo to become Dark Pablo. He would have a black glove, black bat, black aura around him. I want him to choke Victirion to death. Evil Panda Power.

roll.gif

I don't think anyone mentioned it on here, but I hadn't heard about this until Sadowski was on with Ralph yesterday:
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sadowski recounts brain surgery in '03[/h1]
By Andrew Baggarly

Mercury News

Posted: 07/01/2009 09:39:27 PM PDT

Updated: 07/02/2009 07:05:27 AM PDT

Sadowski recounts brain surgery in '03
ST. LOUIS - According to the prospect rankings, Ryan Sadowski shouldn't be in the major leagues.

Sadowski would agree with that last part. But not because of anything that's been said or written about him.

Around this time six years ago, Sadowski began his professional career for the Giants' short-season club in Keizer, Ore. And a few weeks into his new job, he began to experience headaches.

They got worse over the next three months and Sadowski became acutely sick one day in September 2003. He wasn't able to start for Salem-Keizer in a playoff game against Spokane. Shortly after that, he traveled home to Davie, Fla., and an MRI exam brought shocking results.

"A sixth of my brain was filled with blood," said Sadowski, who was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma. "I had emergency surgery that night. They drilled two holes in my head to suck it all out and I spent the next two days in intensive care."

Doctors still aren't sure how the bleeding began. Sadowski strained for an explanation, telling them he vaguely recalled slipping in the shower one day. But to this day, he doesn't believe that was the cause.

"When it first happened, the doctor said that I'd probably never be able to throw again," said the 26-year-old rookie, who is sure to be fired up when he makes his second big league start - and first at AT&T

Park - Friday night against the Houston Astros.

"Everything has been 100 percent fine since then and I feel great," said Sadowski, who also missed the 2006 season because of shoulder surgery. "But for me to be here is pretty impressive."

Sadowski's return is not unprecedented. Reliever Kent Mercker collapsed on the mound because of a subdural hematoma with the Anaheim Angels in 2000 but was able to resume his career.

Sadowski has one vestige from his scary experience: a custom-designed plastic insert that he wears inside his hat.

The Giants wanted him to wear a skullcap when he began the 2005 season at Class A San Jose.

"But it was 110 degrees one day in San Bernardino, so that's not something I wanted to do," Sadowski said.

Good pitchers are resourceful. Sadowski certainly was. He designed an insert and took a drawing to a plastic manufacturer. He also starched one of his hats so they could make a mold of it.

"It's kind of shaped like a salad bowl," Sadowski said.

And now, he gets to enjoy some salad days.

- ANDREW BAGGARLY

Originally Posted by ericescobar

roll.gif
roll.gif

July 30-August 2: Phillies @ Giants in a 4 game series will await for this Dark Pablo

i found this funny. 60 degrees and snowing at gametime

Game Information
Stadium AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA
Weather 60 degrees, Snowing
Wind 17 mph, IC
Umpires Home - Phil Cuzzi, First Base - Brian Runge, Second Base - Tom Hallion, Third Base - Angel Campos

Originally Posted by chris82790

bowker still cant hit the breaking ball. this guy sucks

Not even about that knowledge of the strike zone would help
tired.gif

And the fact the he's so close to the plate isn't helping either

Back
Top Bottom