Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Beginning of the end is Wednesday, could drag on to Friday if not longer

This upcoming week will be the longest of my life. Good luck to sac on keeping the team but I really want the Sonics back...
Thanks, like I've always maintained.... if Sacramento fails and lose this fight to keep the team, yall deserve a team and I hope the Kings end up there (they will, but thats what I've said since early 2012 
laugh.gif
)

Tony Bizjak ‏@TonyBizjak 1h
Sacbee source says Sac bid calls for Maloofs tto drop their deal with Hansen without an NBA vote. Maloofs stand firm. http://sacb.ee/Z3noxn

This source, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Sacramento's bid would require the Maloof family, which controls the team, to terminate its deal with Seattle investor Chris Hansen even before the Sacramento group negotiates a final, binding offer. Under such a scenario, the NBA Board of Governors wouldn't even vote on the Hansen deal. The source added that, unlike Hansen, the Sacramento group's offer doesn't include a deposit.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/17/5349110/sacramento-kings-nba-owners.html#storylink=cpy

Source also sed Sac submittal is "non-binding, no deposit. Maloofs have pushed NBA to allow a vote soon on their Seattle offer

What is going on?

The word around Seattle is that were getting the Kings and Sac is getting an expansion...

Side note

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...itching-return-nbacoach-executive-sources-say

Phil Jackson ready for NBA return

Jackson also has been mentioned as a potential candidate to be involved with the new ownership group in Seattle in a front-office capacity that would include mentoring Brian Shaw to be the team's new head coach, provided that Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer successfully complete the purchase of the Sacramento Kings.

Last edited:
I know this is gonna rustle some jimmies, but **** it... :lol:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marketshare/2013/04/16/19766/

The Most Loyal Fans in Basketball

The National Basketball Association 2013 Playoffs begin next Saturday, April 20th, so we figured that this was a good time to release the loyalty rankings for NBA teams from our 21st annual Brand Keys Sports Fan Loyalty Index.

Those of you who have loyally followed the Brand Keys Sports Fan Loyalty Index will remember that it was designed to help professional sports team management identify what drives fan loyalty in their home and national markets, with insights that enable league and team management to identify areas, particularly the emotional ones, that need strategic brand coaching.

While only 16 of the 30 NBA teams will make the playoffs – eight from each conference – Brand Keys assesses all teams by interviewing fans from the teams’ own DMAs, which provides an apples-to-apples comparison of the intensity with which fans (within a team’s DMA) support the home team versus corresponding loyalty values for fans of other teams or other leagues in that market. Currently the 2013 NBA top-5 and bottom-5 brand standings are as follows:

Top-5- 2013 2012

1. Miami Heat (#6)

2. San Antonio Spurs (#1)

3. New York Knicks (#10)

4. Boston Celtics (#2)

5. Oklahoma City Thunder/

Brooklyn Nets (#5 and #14)

Bottom-5 2013 2012

30. Charlotte Bobcats (#30)

29. Sacramento Kings (#29)

28. Minnesota Timberwolves (#27)

27. Washington Wizards (#26)

26. Cleveland Cavaliers (#22)

No offense to the REAL Miami Heat fans out there, but if the Miami Heat are #1 on a loyal fans list... that's a red flag.

Those demands by the Sacramento group are not a good look for them. The hell are they thinking? If their offer is solid and comparable, and they're confident about it, then there's no need for that.

Those demands by the Sacramento group are not a good look for them. The hell are they thinking? If their offer is solid and comparable, and they're confident about it, then there's no need for that.
Any good lawyer knows that you try negotiating a deal out of court. When there is a jury involved, there are too many X-factors involved. Either that, or they're going to use the Maloof's rejection of their terms (combined w/ George's quote that the Kings weren't going anywhere) to show that they aren't negotiating in good faith.

So who's paying the $30 million back to Hansen, then? The Maloofs don't want to, and the Sacramento group absolutely isn't. Hence, it's going to a vote.

Vivek is going to pay Hansen back if Seattle gets rejected. 

So who's paying the $30 million back to Hansen, then? The Maloofs don't want to, and the Sacramento group absolutely isn't. Hence, it's going to a vote.

Its going to a vote regardless of what Sacramento does because Hansen and the Maloofs have a binding offer.

that loyalty list is stupid :lol: Miami? all them empty seats? :lol:

and what the hell??? why didnt they just give seattle an expansion team in the first place??? hansen and balmer have all the money in the world.

giving the kings to seattle and giving sac an expansion is ******ed. that dont even make sense...

that loyalty list is stupid
laugh.gif
Miami? all them empty seats?
laugh.gif

and what the hell??? why didnt they just give seattle an expansion team in the first place??? hansen and balmer have all the money in the world.

giving the kings to seattle and giving sac an expansion is ******ed. that dont even make sense...
Same thing happened in Charlotte though. Now they're talking about moving them or Milwaukee if the Kings stay. Either one would be a travesty IMO.

In 2008, Seattle native Paul Allen was one of two NBA owners to vote against the relocation of the Seattle SuperSonics to Oklahoma City. (Mark Cuban was the other.) Given that Allen is from Seattle, close friends with Steve Ballmer and would likely enjoy renewing the Pacific Northwest rivalry between his Blazers and the Sonics, one would assume he's a fairly safe vote for Chris Hansen.
Maybe not. From our good friend Ben Golliver at Blazer's Edge, who was in the scrum for Allen's end-of-season comments on Thursday:

"I think it's a tough call. While I supported the Sonics staying in Seattle when they ended up leaving, I think in general there's some feeling that if there's good fan support and there's good political support sufficient to have a state of the art facility, that's more than enough reason to keep a franchise in the same place."

He goes on to say that he reserves his final decision. To have Allen -- who seemed like a sure vote for Seattle -- wavering shows that Sacramento has a chance. The fan support and political support have not been ignored.

Back
Top Bottom