Seattle SuperSonics Thread

I connected the dots with the last name.... I still don't believe that broad though 
laugh.gif
 ain't no way 12+ hours has passed since she's tweeted this and nobody has made any note of this. Not even hoopshype has it on their frontpage 
Very interesting to see David Falk's daughter tweeting that the Kings-to-Seattle is a done deal.
— Ross Siler (@rosssiler) January 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
From another (reputable, paid membership) message board, FWIW:

One of my best friends is a well-connected downtown Seattle business man. He told me at the Husky Utah game, that a friend of his at a major Seattle law firm said they were working on all the legal paperwork for the Hansen group to purchase a team. His friend wouldn't tell him who the team was, but said the deal was already done on a hand shake -- just finalizing the paperwork.

If this is true that a deal with the Maloofs has now been finalized, it would make sense, because I'm sure it would probably take at least a couple months for all parties to agree on the final terms and wording of a Purchase Agreement of this magnitude.

Gotta control my emotions right now... too many rumors. 

But will be watching this space with keen-interest. 
nerd.gif

Finally saw a local Sac media member tweet about this saying he's just now aware of this rumor but he isn't going to "wake anybody up over this".

Will be tuning in to the radio tmrw for sure.

Check out thecdnetworks.com tmrw at 8. It's the guy that saved the Kings the first time around, and he usually has solid guests (folks from Anaheim, VB, Seattle) and a good grasp of what's going on. Plus he's plugged in with the maloofs so he should have a scoop

Rumors out of seattle this morning are that the kings have been sold to chris hansen!

pretty much done.

They will play two years in Key Arena while waiting the completion of the new arena.

Not done, but agreed upon.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy.

Last edited:
I won't believe a word outside of an official press conference. Also, this is conveniently timed to coincide with VA Beach officially not moving forward with trying to acquire a team.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Virginia Beach really thought a team would want to move there?

So are they the Seattle Kings, Seattle Supersonics or something else?

Nothing's finalized so we don't know, but I'm pretty sure they'll be the Seattle Supersonics come the '13-'14 season.

Shout out to NT'er no r3gard for feeding me the updates that I posted in here. Seems like a few were on top of this before many even heard a whisper.

If this comes through then it'll be awesome to get the Sonics back, but I still wish it were someone else.

Sacramento Kings will be missed. Lots of history there. |I

sick.gif
sick.gif

Virginia Beach really thought a team would want to move there?
bigger market than OKC...

largest market without a pro team currently...

get your facts up b, miss me with the emotional repsonses!!

obviously tho, if it came downw to va beach vs seattle, seattle will win...same way when it came down to us or DC for the expos, DC got their team back...

will admit, talk around here about getting the team has slowed down to a snails pace..so wouldnt surprise me if a deal in seattle is close to being done..im starting to think va beach just trolled us all and only used the kings as leverage to get that new arena built...which in my eyes is silly to have an arena of that magnitude with no team to headline it...

Really feel sorry for Kings fans. I know that feel and they dont deserve this

but I'm am excited to have the Sonics back on the other side of this

man f the maloofs. why couldn't they sell the kings earlier to the people who want to keep the kings in sac.....

no more major sports team in sacramento if this goes thru

Back
Top Bottom