Season-long threads and Game threads: DISCUSS

here's a question.

when the heck did people get so damn lazy?

hard to navigate?

you cant move your wrist slightly, click a button and then read?

and i mean having to do that multiple times, that's just terrible for you. :rolleyes
eyes.gif
Clutch.ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
i think game threads make much more sense, because there are always two teams in a game. i'm one of maybe 5 or 6 pistons fans on this board.. what are we supposed to do on game days? hop around from the lakers thread to the warriors thread to the bulls thread every game?

I think this is an important statement. For the Warriors and Lakers fans it's not a problem to have a season thread you are there all of the time. For the fans of the others teams, the teams they are playing it can be very difficult to navigate, or even fee comfortable posting in an opposing teams season thread. There are far more fans of other teams on Nt than there are of the teams whose season threads reach large numbers. Game day threads are better for the entire community, as opposed to one set.

As for the sense of community it brings for Warriors/Lakers/ect. fans, I see this as a bit segregating. Like i mentioned before a person who is for the opposing team, they may not feel comfortable posting in a thread where the majority of the people in it aren't fans of their team. Game threads/ Series threads (baseball), better serve the S&T forum as a whole in my opinion.
Quote:
you cant move your wrist slightly, click a button and then read?

and i mean having to do that multiple times, that's just terrible for you. :rolleyes
eyes.gif
Team Longhorns

Everyone has their arguments going and their opinions, that's fine, but can we at least agree that for those of us who were apparently alseep at the wheel before, we are all here now and can we have a true vote or whatever on the subject?
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

I don't think it's a huge deal, i mean, i wont lost sleep over this, but the cool thing about season threads, is like Zo said, you can go back and read posts from months back. A season is a roller coaster of emotions for most fans, and a season thread allows us to re-live it. Individual game threads are good for 1 or 2 days. Then everything that has been previously said , is gone.

And the navigation part, I mean, how hard is it really to find the page with the current game.? Its usually the last page, and if not, you can read comments and find your way to it. Personally, i liked going into a season thread to find the reactions the second player "A' made that game winning half court shot. It's fun.

Season threads, when used right, also consolidate all the info pertinent to that team. For example, before Ska made the Kobe Trade thread (which is like a mini season thread) , I'd post all my thoughts in the Laker season thread, rather than making another thread all together.

And lets say the Bulls are playing the Grizzlies. By all means, Grizzly fans can make their own game thread should they choose. They dont have to post in the season thread.

I support any decision though. I'll still post often.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

What about off-season threads? Like for baseball now?
TEAM XBOX360​
.: nnarum :.​
MINNESOTA TWINS

KEEP THEM BANNED

The majority of NTers want them gone, they were such a nuisance
That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

Quote:
most of these are just bandwagon warriors fans who had fun near the end of last year and dont want you to rain on their parade.

Quote:
Official Cleveland Cavaliers Gameday Post-writer
:wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR S
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Let's vote...no commentary just a one word vote: Season or Game...then let's tally up the votes and see what the majority wants.

SEASON
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Game.
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

I'm for the season thread.

we need to have an official post for voting. no other words. just yes or no. mods can take note of it.

SEASON!!!!!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR S
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

SEASON (with "Hometeam Rule"*). If it's too much to read through then don't read through it. Bonds are formed in there.

:smh:
smh.gif
THE ONLY ANSWER FOR MELO IS THE ONE PLAYING RIGHT BY HIS SIDE....
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Camby, Iverson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Smith​

season FTW!!!
For Sale: sz 9.5-10.5 Jordans - XI Concords, XII Melo & Taxi, XIX Wht/Gry, XX Stealth, 2K4 Laser Kobes, QS Bday LBJ II
AIM: ady2glude7o7

10 - 2 season so far.

Who changed the title? Thread starter was a game guy??!!?? :lol:
laugh.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

SEASON!

(....but locking and starting new one when they get ridiculously long to address the "too much clutter" problem.)
Golden State Warriors: NBA CHAMPS 2017

Back
Top Bottom