School me on the 06-07 Lexus IS 250...EDIT: I've moved onto the IS 350 now

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i notice people buying these with high mileage. are these reliable?
Yeah, but any car with high mileage is a risk. Too many dudes try to stunt with high mileage whips
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i notice people buying these with high mileage. are these reliable?
Yeah, but any car with high mileage is a risk. Too many dudes try to stunt with high mileage whips
30t6p3b.gif

i guess im not the only person that was having a hard time trying to decide between the 250 and the 350.
This is gonna be my first car, it will be a daily driver and like the OP I live in NYC where winters are very bad. Do u guys still recommend the 350 over an AWD 250? Im 22 so I honestly don't care whether its considered a girl car or not...

i guess im not the only person that was having a hard time trying to decide between the 250 and the 350.
This is gonna be my first car, it will be a daily driver and like the OP I live in NYC where winters are very bad. Do u guys still recommend the 350 over an AWD 250? Im 22 so I honestly don't care whether its considered a girl car or not...

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Seattle206

and g35's arent kitty kat cars?
is>g
grin.gif

searchin4js wrote:

Id personally take the 350 but it seems you could care less whats under the hood and more so like the look of the car and want something dependable...for nyc winters id recommend you get the 250 awd

is>g
grin.gif

searchin4js wrote:

Id personally take the 350 but it seems you could care less whats under the hood and more so like the look of the car and want something dependable...for nyc winters id recommend you get the 250 awd

Originally Posted by searchin4js

I'm on the exact same boat.

Originally Posted by searchin4js

I'm on the exact same boat.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

is>g
why?

Hes just saying that... Its a matter of opinion IMO... Although in general I'd go with Lexus over Infiniti easily.

Ive driven both the IS and the G35 and surprisingly, I have (somewhat) more room in the G. (Im about six foot four so neither car is comfortable for me). The IS felt much more crammed in the cabin for me, and I definitely had less headroom compared to the G. Legroom sucked in both but the G's entire cluster (Wheel/speedo/all that) move up, which is nice. The IS's wheel didnt move as much as I liked. As far as overall feel though, G felt more fun, but I'd rather drive the IS. Very, VERY smooth ride, and handling is effortless and simple. The G takes alot more effort to steer, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, I just prefer a car I can easily throw around.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

is>g
why?

Hes just saying that... Its a matter of opinion IMO... Although in general I'd go with Lexus over Infiniti easily.

Ive driven both the IS and the G35 and surprisingly, I have (somewhat) more room in the G. (Im about six foot four so neither car is comfortable for me). The IS felt much more crammed in the cabin for me, and I definitely had less headroom compared to the G. Legroom sucked in both but the G's entire cluster (Wheel/speedo/all that) move up, which is nice. The IS's wheel didnt move as much as I liked. As far as overall feel though, G felt more fun, but I'd rather drive the IS. Very, VERY smooth ride, and handling is effortless and simple. The G takes alot more effort to steer, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, I just prefer a car I can easily throw around.

When I had my IS it went through rain, ice, snow, though we dont get harsh winters like NY just get a quality set of snow tires and have a good brain.

When I had my IS it went through rain, ice, snow, though we dont get harsh winters like NY just get a quality set of snow tires and have a good brain.

I have a Lexus IS

fun car, looks good, interior is beautiful, alot of options.

My advice is to test drive both cars. The IS350 has 306 HP and the IS250 has 204. If your not going to speed and dont care for it than get any. The IS350 is fun though.. fastest car in its class. Just saying....... If your getting the car for its looks, options etc. than it doesnt matter really. Just remember the Audi A4 has like 211 HP or something like that.

Get some Blizzacks and u should be good and try to get a CPO.

I have a Lexus IS

My advice is to test drive both cars. The IS350 has 306 HP and the IS250 has 204. If your not going to speed and dont care for it than get any. The IS350 is fun though.. fastest car in its class. Just saying....... If your getting the car for its looks, options etc. than it doesnt matter really. Just remember the Audi A4 has like 211 HP or something like that.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

I have a Lexus IS

Here's the thing. This is will be my very first car, so I don't really know how exactly I will drive the car. When I did drive my dad's old 96' Mazda 626, I did speed, but not all the time. I guess at the end of the day, I will take what I get the best deal on.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

I have a Lexus IS

Here's the thing. This is will be my very first car, so I don't really know how exactly I will drive the car. When I did drive my dad's old 96' Mazda 626, I did speed, but not all the time. I guess at the end of the day, I will take what I get the best deal on.

100 horses is a huge difference...trust cats in here tellin u to get da 350, everytime u step on da gas you'll thank yourself.

100 horses is a huge difference...trust cats in here tellin u to get da 350, everytime u step on da gas you'll thank yourself.

Back
Top Bottom