School me on different nike accounts

Some very good info here. i am planning to open my own spot up in detroit soon. just gotta get my money right
smile.gif

Read through the whole thread. So I've understood what a Tier 0 account is, but what is a Tier 0 PINNACLE account. Still have no info on that, and I askedon those blazers that are releasing soon, but no info just yet.

This is an amazing thread. I'm graduating in '10 with an entrepreneurship major/marketing minor and having a boutique has been my dream since I waslike 14.

Thanks for all the info
pimp.gif

theres more to this ima ask the ekin i know about all the accounts and details and more

For those asking about an SB account, you can only get an SB account if you actually sell skateboarding equipment. Put it like this, you will never see a storethat has every account. I know a lot of you wish you can own a store with only the hottest SBs, Tier 0s and Retro Jordan's, that will never happen. Unlessyou're Phil Knights blood brother, that ain't gonna happen.

Wow.. I was just discussing about this during the Tan Yeezy campout this week lol.. One of the campers was schooling us in a short version about this.. I'mlocated in Miami, so everybody knows Shoe Gallery out here, and they get everything.. but we was wondering how did a new store was able to get the Yeezys sinceit was an exclusive shoe to get? and we found out that basically with the business plan, your store has to have a certain amount of money in your creditline...
For Example... lets say you open a store.. and you been selling shoes in a busy plaza... and your credit line is $50K and its been in good standing.. Nike willgive you certain account to sell regular shoes Nikes, but they may throw in a certain shoe.. like lets say sum Nike Half Cents, like maybe 12 pairs.. just tosee how you do with it.. if you're sold out in a day.. they'll probably give you the next account.. usually based on the acct, you may get 12, 24, 36pairs..
Like Shoe Gallery in Miami got 24 Pairs of the Yeezy on all 3 release dates, but Walter's in ATL got 36 pairs of the Yeezy release dates.. so it justdepends on a lot of different things, and it gets pretty confusing.. lol
GREAT THREAD Guys

Originally Posted by Leebuttahz

For those asking about an SB account, you can only get an SB account if you actually sell skateboarding equipment. Put it like this, you will never see a store that has every account. I know a lot of you wish you can own a store with only the hottest SBs, Tier 0s and Retro Jordan's, that will never happen. Unless you're Phil Knights blood brother, that ain't gonna happen.

Actually...my store does have an SB account, Jordan Account, and Tier 0.

Even major retailers like Finishline and footl;ocker selection varies store to store depending on their location> for Example street stores usually gvetmore lifestyle shoes like Chuck Taylors or dunks where malls would have more basketball shoes and jordans.Its all about marketing!

For those asking about an SB account, you can only get an SB account if you actually sell skateboarding equipment. Put it like this, you will never see a store that has every account. I know a lot of you wish you can own a store with only the hottest SBs, Tier 0s and Retro Jordan's, that will never happen. Unless you're Phil Knights blood brother, that ain't gonna happen.
so you've never been to concepts in cambridge, ma?

u guys drop serious knowledge in here, good looks....it seems like theres always that one diamond in the rough thread on nt, much love to the contributors

Originally Posted by Page86

so you've never been to concepts in cambridge, ma?
or goods in seattle, boutique side with a tier 0 on one side, one of the biggest sb's account next door owned by same dudes within 2 feet ofeach other, they dont really do jordans but i think thats more by choice they had the first CDP's but thats not the point, stores with accounts like thatexist

This is def appreciate especially since I wanna open up a boutique in another yr or 2 once I finish school and get my $ up. Thinkin about doing the onlinething come this winter.

so i am just browsing this post and see no mention of the current account names. I don't know if many people in here are able to peek at calendars, but ifthey are then they will notice that there is no longer an "Indie Energy" or "Urban Energy".
Nike restructures accounts every couple of years. As of late the tiers are referred to as:
"Urban Better"
"Urban Best"
"Indie Better"
"Indie Best"
and there is something or was something called "Partners" (Nike may have done away with this)
There is also a step between "Indie Best" and "Tier 0" it is called "Tier 45"
Tier 45 is a VERY LITTLE KNOWN TERM, so I wonder if I am going to see this term used more and more now that I am posting it.
What Tier 45 means is that the account gets basically the same stuff that Tier0 accounts get, only 45 days later. However if Tier0 accounts sell out of arelease, I don't think Tier 45 stores get that shoe. Which makes me wonder if Tier45 just feed off of overstock from certain Tier 0 releases.
Packer Shoes in NJ is a Tier 45 for example. However, Packer is also the oldest account in NY/NJ so he actually sees offerings that NO OTHER accounts see, andhe cops almost everything "funky". Love PACKER SHOES!!!! whuddup Mike!

And yea, the type of account you hold depends largely on what your rolling bill is each month, how quick you pay it, and what your proximity to other accountsis. Not to mention the look of the storefront and the other brands that are carried.
Keep in mind also that an "account" is different from a "door". This means that one "account" can have several "doors"(store fronts) but not all of the "doors" will be the same level/status. The Tannery Boston for instance, is actually the "mother account"of Concepts, but Concepts is clearly a more priviledged "door" than the other Tannery location on Boylston.

^ which is what good in seattle is. One side is for skate products and the other is a boutique. They also have a tier zero account as well as a really, really,good relationship with the nike rep.

i was talking to the guy at livestock and he told me that in order to get a tier 0 account...you must have a good credit and must pay them on time. if not theytake your tier 0 account good bye!

Thanks to all of the contributers who provided so much info, I wish there was an faq on this site to help people with all of these terms abbreviations.

Originally Posted by r2jdm

i was talking to the guy at livestock and he told me that in order to get a tier 0 account...you must have a good credit and must pay them on time. if not they take your tier 0 account good bye!

that goes with any account. credit terms are important to vendors because they need accounts to buy into their line enough to support giving accounts hotreleases, while also making sure the account doesn't over-order resulting in a monthly bill they simply cannot pay.
what ideal for Nike is "net 30" credit terms. This means you pay your bill in full within 30 days. If you go past 30 days, there is an additionalfee. If an account goes unpaid for too long or too far delinquent, they close or suspend your account until you are paid up, then they re-evaluate. But onceagain, whether you are tier 0 or urban best, you HAVE to pay your Nike bill on time. Everyone I know pays within 30 days. Tier0 is a very hard program to getaccepted into. Like I said before it depends on location, track record, aesthetics, clientele, and other brands on the shelf, in addition to business plan,marketing and a whole bunch of other stuff only Nike understands. Basically Nike can give a tier0 to whomever they want. Look at Boedga, they hopped on thescene with a "cool idea" and immediately got a tier0.

Here is a quick little reference to some terms used in the industry:

Net 30, Net 60, Net 90 = these refer to payment terms / credit terms. a vendor will extend these terms depending on your D&B rating inadditon to other factors. The better credit you have as a business, the better / longer credit terms you get. Net basically means "paid in full by"and the number refers to the # of days you have to pay said bill.
D&B = Dunns and Bradstreet, this is a rating system much like FICO scoring for determining credit worthyness. D&B numbers are given tobusinesses who subscribe to the D&B rating system, this number becomes alot like your own personal social security number, only it belongs to the business.Most vendors won't touch you without a D&B or "Dunns" number.
credit terms = the agreed upon payment terms a vendor extends. this is like a "line of credit" or a monthly "spendingallowance" most vendors will not allow you to go past this monthly amount, some vendors calculate the limit by quarterly spending as well.
Nike account = the actual account held by a store owner or chain owner
Nike door = this refers to each individual location run by a chain owner, each door can have different account subscriptions / status meaningthe buyer can only order from certain calendars per door.
allocation = this is the set amount of kicks you will receive when purchasing from certain calendars, usually allocations are a FSR or 2 xFSR, offerings are either allocation or open stock
open stock = this means you can order any quantity with specification as to what sizes you want to carry, sometimes there is an order minumumand almost always a maximum
order minimum = you have to order at least this # of pieces for your order to even be accepted
pieces = pairs (in the case of sneakers)
quickstrike (abbreviate QK and sometimes called non-futures) = an allocation release given only to certain accounts without prior notice oncalendars or offer sheets
futures = this term refers to the offerings listed in order calendars and order sheets, these orders must be placed months in advance ofactual release (no doubt to dictate production numbers)

Nike in Hong Kong only divide their accounts into 5 Tiers
top - tier 0
2nd - energy
3rd - fashion
4th - trend
5th - gr

the above does not apply to SB nor Nike Basketball

Tier 0 - alloted strictly by Nike HQ in Oregon according to their own assessment of how good the company's long term planning is and how creative andinfluential a company is in its area

Energy - basically the same as Tier 0 but alloted by Nike regional head offices in different countries

Any type of account below Energy is not that difficult to obtain.

Back
Top Bottom