Scammed on eBay. What can I do?

do any of yall remember the mocha 3s sitting for 40$ or the oreo 4s from 99 that were second best to the regular model??and sales were decent at best?

alot of retro plus cws take time to grow on certain people but over time become classics,i love my orions and think they will sell high in the future.
Bad examples, IMO.

Mocha 3's and Oreo 4's are still weaksauce, ESPECIALLY the 4's.  No netting = no thanks.  

Laney 5's are a good retro+ colorway to use in that example.  That said, the Orions will never be classics.  
laugh.gif

Damn, I usually don't comment on these types of threads, but I agree with most people OP is type of eBay buyer you want to stay far away from.

I usually research and know the product before purchasing. Granted the seller didn't use pics of the actual pair you received, did he ever state in the auction you were getting that specific pair pictured?

A lot of ebayers use stock photos, old photos and so on.

OP talmbout do some research on the price, only research hes done is based on the price off flightclub :rofl:

OP talmbout do some research on the price, only research hes done is based on the price off flightclub :rofl:

That's the max consignment store price that I use to price gauge the sneakers I want to sell. Combine that with completed/sold eBay past listings and that's how I get my "buy it now" prices. I have never had a problem selling Retro Jordans on eBay because the demand is there regardless what pair it is.

As a good seller, you take pictures of the actual item you want to sell. However I can understand sellers recycling old photos cause they sell in bulk, however to me that's not the type of seller I would want to deal with it especially with certain high price items. Yes they may give you a better discount but I rather deal with sellers that will give you that extra service like taking additional tagged pictures, etc.

OP just file a paypal claim, file a chargeback with your CC, and claim that the item isn't as described and you should be good. Paypal will put a hold on the funds to the seller so that you can go through the refund process.

^ my pair started to separate in a hurry i sold them before i really ever got a chance to wear em,but yea one of the coolest jays out there imo.

Last edited:
next time buy a brain on ebay

This was not was your typical undercover sting.
For starters, it was happening at an Indiana Dairy Queen. And the target was brains. Yeah, a brain bandit.
The arrest last month of a 21-year-old suspect uncovered, police say, a macabre scheme to steal the brains of dead mental patients and sell them online. The suspect was peddling some 60 brains. And yes, amazingly there were customers. The arrest in this case also unearthed a few questions. We will try and answer them.
Where did the suspect get 60 brains?
Suspect David Charles allegedly stole more than 60 jars of brain and other human tissues in October from a warehouse space at the Indiana Medical History Museum, the Marion County prosecutor's office said in court papers Thursday. He is accused of breaking into the museum and taking jars of brains and tissue from autopsies performed on patients in the 1890s. Court documents said some jars were sold on the auction site eBay by a middleman, despite a company policy against listing "humans, the human body, or any human body parts or products."
Attempts to reach Charles by CNN on Thursday were unsuccessful. He declined to comment outside his Indianapolis home when approached by CNN affiliate WXIN.
What do you do with 60 brains?
Authorities allege that Charles was scheming to sell some of them, according to court documents. The alleged scheme began to unravel when the executive director of the museum, Mary Ellen Hennessey Nottage, received a call last month from a man in California who said he had purchased "six jars of brain matter" for $600 on eBay, according to court documents.
The man suspected the jars were stolen when he compared them to others on the museum website.
Nottage notified the police.
Charles was arrested December 16 after authorities organized an undercover sting. He was charged with felony theft and other charges.
He is to appear at an Indianapolis court this month in connection with the alleged theft of dozens of jars of preserved human brain tissue valued at about $4,800.
Is it common to purchase brains on eBay?
In the universe of bizarre items that Internet users sell on eBay, human organs are forbidden. To buy or sell them is a felony under federal law, and trading in illegal goods is a violation of eBay's rules.
The list of prohibited items includes Native American grave-related items such as skulls and skeletons intended for medical research, Tibetan prayer skulls, organs, bones, blood, waste products, body fluids and sperm.
Nottage said the California man who allegedly purchased the brains collected oddities.
"Apparently that's a trend that's building -- the macabre, the oddities," Nottage said. "The television reality show 'Oddities' illustrates that very well. I think it's indicative of people's collecting interests. It's definitely bizarre. It's infuriating that they do not have respect for the human remains."
Wat

Just had a buyer file a chargeback on something I sold him and was delivered on 1/4. Now my Paypal funds are in the negatives and frozen 
indifferent.gif

^

If you sent the item to the confirmed address, and used signature confirmation if the sale was over $250, call paypal and they'll fix it ASAP.

Last edited:
Just had a buyer file a chargeback on something I sold him and was delivered on 1/4. Now my Paypal funds are in the negatives and frozen :stoneface:

I hate these scumbags

Paypal needs to put a new system in place. Sellers should be able to see if a buyer is making his payment from a credit card and refuse the payment if he chooses. You should have to put the money in your paypal account first as a separate transaction and keep the sellers out of it. They could even make it where you have to respond to a text with a code in order to the send the money to the paypal account. The credit card companies have too much power in those situations and paypal just uses them as an excuse for why they won't do anything. They can keep the dispute and buyer/seller protection the same, just keep the charge backs out of it by making the initial bank transfer and actual paypal purchase separate transactions. It's inconvenient, but I'd gladly do it this way.

I had two dudes file chargebacks on me, won both cases.

How are dudes such dirtbags.

Back
Top Bottom