saw this on facebook...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

eek.gif
@ the overreacting
Originally Posted by Ginzo

To the people chastising other blacks for not even being mad. Do you think MLK is applauding you? Do you think mlk is happy that you're getting up in arms about this crap? Since I'm black I should feel insulted by this bigotry? People are gonna do ignorant stuff to get a rise outta people and you're giving em that rise. This is what's wrong with the black community nowadays they think Blacks are all on the same wavelength with them when really we're all different. What insults you isn't going to insult me. Whether it be I'm above petty insults or not. This type of bigotry isn't on my radar. Call me when something important happens. 
Originally Posted by kix4kix

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Some of ya'll cats out here acting like we should start protesting in the streets in the name of MLK over this photo.

It didn't offend ME, how you gonna be one to say that is wrong that I am not offended. I see real !@%+ everyday, and have experienced much worse in person. Besides, the only thing wrong with the picture initially was the tag, which ended up being false. There is a strong difference between Apathy and Being Logical. Just like there is a fine line between standing up for your side, and just sounding over-sensitive. 
I'm saying. I think some dudes are just offended cuz that pic actually hurts them personally. Gonna start calling ppl Uncle Toms sounding more militant than MLK ever was. Harping on how King died like that's suppose to make those not insulted feel extra bad so they side with their incoherent thought process.
If thats how those broads feel them #@$! them for there ignorance 
but im not offended by this because that doesnt represent me at all or anybody I know for that matter

thats probably some $#!@ they see on TV 

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Light humor about OBVIOUS differences in appearances is fine by me,
but those girls were STEREOTYPING African-Americans authentic caption or not.
The "Happy MLK day" whether a separate attempt or not was also a deliberate attack
at a man who was SHOT IN THE THROAT and CHOKED ON HIS OWN BLOOD
for the EQUALITY OF ALL MEN...But in either instances of that pic, it's deliberately
poking fun at African-Americans. His marches were about Jews, Irish and Asians too.
You're obviously being biased. There is no difference between what was being done in that picture and what was being done by the Wayan's. You could argue that an ethnicity is being stereotyped on one end, but you'd also have to acknowledge that that same stereotyping is being done on the other. Really, your notion can be argued for both sides if you want to push it so adamantly. Without the caption, you can't even really say that it was poking fun specifically at African-Americans because African-Americans aren't the only ethnic group to surround themselves with those particular items pictured in the photo. Therefore, disregarding the caption, you would subconsciously be stereotyping your on people as 40oz drinkers that wear baseball caps backwards and smoke black and milds.

I also want to take the time to bring to attention how ironic it is that the people who are defending Martin Luther King Jr. are the same ones tossing around racial slurs toward their own people such as "uncle Tom" and "house n-word". Do you believe MLK Jr. would be giving you a pat on the back for such foolishness on your part? Get your own minds right before trying to attack other people for not reacting so hotheadedly toward what could be a potential troll tactic.

indifferent.gif
<--This stone face would eclipse the moon ...it's that big.

I'm a psychology major, and nominated for philosophy club president , you're barking up the wrong tree bro...without the caption, that pic is 30 times more dangerous as it is the consensus
of America's perception of African-American culture and ideals...blunt guns and malt liquor. It's perpetuated by rappers and network television, which is why I posted the "Yo Dawg MLK"
in the Gucci tattoo thread...Seeko was the only one who understood the seriousness of what I was portraying.

Secondly, I don't use the N word...as part of my New Years resolution, I did away with it...and the term "black" you've never heard me use "race" or "black" in a post unless it was used as
reference to explaining the terms. I ALWAYS say "African American".

See that's where you got me wrong also, I'm not in this thread for a "pat on the back"....I live the reality and pain of being African-American 365 days a year NO DAYS OFF, even on x-box.
So when ever I'm presented with the opportunity to advance the perception and reception of MY PEOPLE I do so...an "Uncle Tom" isn't a slur it's a reference to an old novel about subservient behavior towards white men.

I'll leave you with this though...
NO MATTER WHAT I DO, IT WONT CHANGE THE FACT THIS GRAND DESIGN WASN'T BUILT WITH ME IN MIND
I'm a hostage with no home and forced to have pride in the greatest country on this planet but it's also entwined with an ugly history
and shame. Hence my screen name..."Stockholm (as in the syndrome) and a Patriot of this great land because I have no choice, history, or heritage to
do other wise.
wink.gif

The "Happy MLK day" whether a separate attempt or not was also a deliberate attack
for the EQUALITY OF ALL MEN...But in either instances of that pic, it's deliberately
poking fun at African-Americans. His marches were about Jews, Irish and Asians too.
You're obviously being biased. There is no difference between what was being done in that picture and what was being done by the Wayan's. You could argue that an ethnicity is being stereotyped on one end, but you'd also have to acknowledge that that same stereotyping is being done on the other. Really, your notion can be argued for both sides if you want to push it so adamantly. Without the caption, you can't even really say that it was poking fun specifically at African-Americans because African-Americans aren't the only ethnic group to surround themselves with those particular items pictured in the photo. Therefore, disregarding the caption, you would subconsciously be stereotyping your on people as 40oz drinkers that wear baseball caps backwards and smoke black and milds.

I also want to take the time to bring to attention how ironic it is that the people who are defending Martin Luther King Jr. are the same ones tossing around racial slurs toward their own people such as "uncle Tom" and "house n-word". Do you believe MLK Jr. would be giving you a pat on the back for such foolishness on your part? Get your own minds right before trying to attack other people for not reacting so hotheadedly toward what could be a potential troll tactic.

indifferent.gif

I'm a psychology major, and nominated for philosophy club president , you're barking up the wrong tree bro...without the caption, that pic is 30 times more dangerous as it is the consensus
of America's perception of African-American culture and ideals...blunt guns and malt liquor. It's perpetuated by rappers and network television, which is why I posted the "Yo Dawg MLK"
in the Gucci tattoo thread...Seeko was the only one who understood the seriousness of what I was portraying.

Secondly, I don't use the N word...as part of my New Years resolution, I did away with it...and the term "black" you've never heard me use "race" or "black" in a post unless it was used as

See that's where you got me wrong also, I'm not in this thread for a "pat on the back"....I live the reality and pain of being African-American 365 days a year NO DAYS OFF, even on x-box.
So when ever I'm presented with the opportunity to advance the perception and reception of MY PEOPLE I do so...an "Uncle Tom" isn't a slur it's a reference to an old novel about subservient behavior towards white men.

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, IT WONT CHANGE THE FACT THIS GRAND DESIGN WASN'T BUILT WITH ME IN MIND
I'm a hostage with no home and forced to have pride in the greatest country on this planet but it's also entwined with an ugly history
and shame. Hence my screen name..."Stockholm (as in the syndrome) and a Patriot of this great land because I have no choice, history, or heritage to
do other wise.
wink.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Some of ya'll cats out here acting like we should start protesting in the streets in the name of MLK over this photo.

It didn't offend ME, how you gonna be one to say that is wrong that I am not offended. I see real !@%+ everyday, and have experienced much worse in person. Besides, the only thing wrong with the picture initially was the tag, which ended up being false. There is a strong difference between Apathy and Being Logical. Just like there is a fine line between standing up for your side, and just sounding over-sensitive.  
GIFSoup

eyes.gif
grin.gif

GIFSoup

Im starting to think that the dues that are overly offended (which is alright I guees)
are the ones that see this picture as a representation of African Americans

you see somebody take a pic with a 40 oz blunts and guns and you automatically identify it with african american is this how you see your own race

nah not me I dont see that
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Im starting to think that the dues that are overly offended (which is alright I guees)

you see somebody take a pic with a 40 oz blunts and guns and you automatically identify it with african american is this how you see your own race

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

indifferent.gif

do other wise.
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

do other wise.
wink.gif

So when ever I'm presented with the opportunity to advance the perception and reception of MY PEOPLE I do

This obviously isn't one of those times that could warrant such  actions. Quit with that "my people" stuff. Your people is blacks? Is this a game to you? Would you be up in arms as you are now if this pic depicted Mexicans on Ceasar Chavez's bday? I bet not since you oh so vividly described MLK like no one has heard of him. You're stereotyping you're own race, that's the bottom line.

So when ever I'm presented with the opportunity to advance the perception and reception of MY PEOPLE I do

This obviously isn't one of those times that could warrant such  actions. Quit with that "my people" stuff. Your people is blacks? Is this a game to you? Would you be up in arms as you are now if this pic depicted Mexicans on Ceasar Chavez's bday? I bet not since you oh so vividly described MLK like no one has heard of him. You're stereotyping you're own race, that's the bottom line.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Ding, DING, $+!%#%$ DING!!!

That's what I stated in my previous response to Stockholm, but he's a Psych major (I'm a pre-Med Chemistry major btw since we're stating things that don't matter), he couldn't possibly be subconsciously stereotyping his own people.
laugh.gif

Don't worry Stockholm, I'm going to directly respond to your last post in a minute.
exactly
if Dr. Martin Luther King saw the picture himself im pretty sure he wouldnt identify the African American Race with that imagery 

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

That's what I stated in my previous response to Stockholm, but he's a Psych major (I'm a pre-Med Chemistry major btw since we're stating things that don't matter), he couldn't possibly be subconsciously stereotyping his own people.
laugh.gif

Don't worry Stockholm, I'm going to directly respond to your last post in a minute.
exactly
if Dr. Martin Luther King saw the picture himself im pretty sure he wouldnt identify the African American Race with that imagery 

Welp now that ive read nike's reply im going to bed. Thanks nt for keeping me up till 1:30am.
pimp.gif
hope this thread doesnt get locked.
laugh.gif

Welp now that ive read nike's reply im going to bed. Thanks nt for keeping me up till 1:30am.
pimp.gif
hope this thread doesnt get locked.
laugh.gif

This is why African-Americans can never legitimately be heard in an argument about ethnicity...why because it's a "white man's world", meaning THIS LAND and western civilization was built FOR HIM
the MAJORTIY. If a caucasan HIMSELF is not racist or a bigot he's part of a group that BLINDLY harbors racists and bigots. And since this is his world and land he's in control socially/financially whether people want to admit it or not. "White privelege" blinds and frustrates a lot of Caucasians who may not be racist or bigots because they can't understand MY POINT OF VIEW as a disadvantaged African-American male.

You're asking for "togetherness" at the expense of me sacrificing the little heritage and culture we do have and adopt Caucasian's culture that built around Caucasian way of life
LEAVING ME VULNERABLE to attack by strategic racism like portrayed in the pic.

And for you information, my children are African-American, Cherokee (legitimately), Arab and British.

I have Puetro Rican cousins, aunts and nieces and an uncle who's Irish FROM IRELAND (travels back home monthly)

So it's not a question of "MY PEOPLE" and would I care if the joke was of another ethnicity, I have a short fuse for RACISM period.

The thing here is people are acting like if these stupid broads went to school, work, or any place in THEIR community and carried
themselves like they are in the picture it would 99% surely be considered socially  unacceptable. So how you dudes can make Gucci
Mane threads with tats on his face a collectively agree he "set blacks back" you can collectively agree these girls are imitating what
THEY BELIEVE are African-American stereotypes. "Drawing the line" THAT ISN'T SUPPOSE TO BE THERE according to some
in this thread.

So like I said originally, NOT JUST AFRICAN AMERICANS, but everyone should be chastising this ignorance off rip.

This is why African-Americans can never legitimately be heard in an argument about ethnicity...why because it's a "white man's world", meaning THIS LAND and western civilization was built FOR HIM
the MAJORTIY. If a caucasan HIMSELF is not racist or a bigot he's part of a group that BLINDLY harbors racists and bigots. And since this is his world and land he's in control socially/financially whether people want to admit it or not. "White privelege" blinds and frustrates a lot of Caucasians who may not be racist or bigots because they can't understand MY POINT OF VIEW as a disadvantaged African-American male.

You're asking for "togetherness" at the expense of me sacrificing the little heritage and culture we do have and adopt Caucasian's culture that built around Caucasian way of life
LEAVING ME VULNERABLE to attack by strategic racism like portrayed in the pic.

And for you information, my children are African-American, Cherokee (legitimately), Arab and British.

I have Puetro Rican cousins, aunts and nieces and an uncle who's Irish FROM IRELAND (travels back home monthly)

So it's not a question of "MY PEOPLE" and would I care if the joke was of another ethnicity, I have a short fuse for RACISM period.

The thing here is people are acting like if these stupid broads went to school, work, or any place in THEIR community and carried
themselves like they are in the picture it would 99% surely be considered socially  unacceptable. So how you dudes can make Gucci
Mane threads with tats on his face a collectively agree he "set blacks back" you can collectively agree these girls are imitating what
THEY BELIEVE are African-American stereotypes. "Drawing the line" THAT ISN'T SUPPOSE TO BE THERE according to some
in this thread.

So like I said originally, NOT JUST AFRICAN AMERICANS, but everyone should be chastising this ignorance off rip.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

exactly
Ok so we all get that there is nothing wrong with the picture by itself.  But the caption, real or fake, makes the picture offensive. 

I'm white and I didn't laugh at that at all.  I find that extremely offensive and can see why people are angry. 

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

exactly
Ok so we all get that there is nothing wrong with the picture by itself.  But the caption, real or fake, makes the picture offensive. 

I'm white and I didn't laugh at that at all.  I find that extremely offensive and can see why people are angry. 

Back
Top Bottom