Sal Alosi's 'Tripgate' vol. Only the Jets / Suspended / Alosi has "resigned"

Everyone saying Finns is "delusional" and the theory that they possibly may have been instructed to stand in a line like that is "ludicrous" are beyond ignorant.

COACHES HAVE BEEN UTILIZING LITTLE CHEAP TACTICS LIKE THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. That's why I always
roll.gif
when people talk about cheating on this board. All of a sudden, Tom Brady and Bill's accomplishments are all null and void because of "spygate" (Brady's winning percentage and the Pats PPG are higher since Spygate than before it.) Unless you're just a stubborn individual, I think it's safe to say that whatever the Pats were doing, they probably werent the only ones. I am by no means excusing what they did, and I agree it should at least be mentioned while discussing the dynasty. But to completely disregard their accomplishments and assume they were the only ones doing it is laughable and naive.

Ever heard of bullpens using binoculars to steal signs? Scuffing the ball? Things like this have always been happening. Pete Rose got caught betting on his team as a manager. How do we know he wasn't doing the same as a player and manipulating games for his financial gain? Do we completely ignore all of the Big Red Machine's accomplishments in the 70's because of that?

Do you really think it's that farfetched that someone instructed these guys to stand a certain way to hopefully throw a player off balance or trip him up?

Teams cheat, players cheat. They get caught, they apologize and are punished, and we all move on. Im not saying these guys definitely formed some kind of wall for an advantage, but it's definitely possible. Do you realize how much pressure these coaches are under? Anything to win my friend, anything to win.

Everyone saying Finns is "delusional" and the theory that they possibly may have been instructed to stand in a line like that is "ludicrous" are beyond ignorant.

COACHES HAVE BEEN UTILIZING LITTLE CHEAP TACTICS LIKE THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. That's why I always
roll.gif
when people talk about cheating on this board. All of a sudden, Tom Brady and Bill's accomplishments are all null and void because of "spygate" (Brady's winning percentage and the Pats PPG are higher since Spygate than before it.) Unless you're just a stubborn individual, I think it's safe to say that whatever the Pats were doing, they probably werent the only ones. I am by no means excusing what they did, and I agree it should at least be mentioned while discussing the dynasty. But to completely disregard their accomplishments and assume they were the only ones doing it is laughable and naive.

Ever heard of bullpens using binoculars to steal signs? Scuffing the ball? Things like this have always been happening. Pete Rose got caught betting on his team as a manager. How do we know he wasn't doing the same as a player and manipulating games for his financial gain? Do we completely ignore all of the Big Red Machine's accomplishments in the 70's because of that?

Do you really think it's that farfetched that someone instructed these guys to stand a certain way to hopefully throw a player off balance or trip him up?

Teams cheat, players cheat. They get caught, they apologize and are punished, and we all move on. Im not saying these guys definitely formed some kind of wall for an advantage, but it's definitely possible. Do you realize how much pressure these coaches are under? Anything to win my friend, anything to win.

Originally Posted by NooEra

roll.gif

/thread

Originally Posted by NooEra

roll.gif

/thread

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by CP1708

but because he made the whole organization look bad.
Rex Ryan is their coach, they can't fire anybody for makin them look bad.  Serious. 

Ryan is a goofball but he's a very likeable guy. I mean, he's like a professional boxer...he talks trash to hype things up but beneath the surface you know he's a good guy. Nothing Ryan has said/done comes close to yesterday's despicable act by this idiot coach.
Damn dude, it wasnt THAT big of a deal. 
laugh.gif
I am not saying he intended to injure him but what wouldve happened if the incident led to a season ending or career ending injury for Carroll? That wouldnt have been a big deal either? That some idiot coach on the sidelines ended a players career due to a cheap shot? There is a difference between getting injured on the field (which is part of the game) and getting injured because some idiot bystander took a shot at a completely vulnerable player.

Sticking your knee out at a guy running full speed = recipe for disaster.

Rex Ryan is their coach, they can't fire anybody for makin them look bad.  Serious. 

Ryan is a goofball but he's a very likeable guy. I mean, he's like a professional boxer...he talks trash to hype things up but beneath the surface you know he's a good guy. Nothing Ryan has said/done comes close to yesterday's despicable act by this idiot coach.
laugh.gif
I am not saying he intended to injure him but what wouldve happened if the incident led to a season ending or career ending injury for Carroll? That wouldnt have been a big deal either? That some idiot coach on the sidelines ended a players career due to a cheap shot? There is a difference between getting injured on the field (which is part of the game) and getting injured because some idiot bystander took a shot at a completely vulnerable player.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Trying to injure people isn't a big deal huh? This creates a firestorm because players have to second guess this kind of stuff happening towards the sidelines now. Grow up.

It's not like he stuck his leg out or tried to kick his knee while it was planted.  He leaned his knee into the guy.  I highly doubt he was trying to INJURE the guy.

If youre a player and youre worried about this stuff, then keep your #%* on the playing field.  As a player you understand there are other people on the sidelines and the possibility for injury is always there.  Dont act like this was some sort of outrageous unspeakable act.  He did something dumb, but it's not like he walked to his spot looking to injure someone.  Stop playing the conspiracy theory.

Youre making this a bigger deal than it should be.  If this wasnt against your favorite team you wouldnt be saying anything.
Oh really, so what was he doing trying to put his knee into a player running full speed?  Give him a little love tap? A slap on the rear?  Tell me what else would he have thought the outcome would be other than injury when he stuck his knee out there?  Your thought process is horrible.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Trying to injure people isn't a big deal huh? This creates a firestorm because players have to second guess this kind of stuff happening towards the sidelines now. Grow up.

It's not like he stuck his leg out or tried to kick his knee while it was planted.  He leaned his knee into the guy.  I highly doubt he was trying to INJURE the guy.

If youre a player and youre worried about this stuff, then keep your #%* on the playing field.  As a player you understand there are other people on the sidelines and the possibility for injury is always there.  Dont act like this was some sort of outrageous unspeakable act.  He did something dumb, but it's not like he walked to his spot looking to injure someone.  Stop playing the conspiracy theory.

Youre making this a bigger deal than it should be.  If this wasnt against your favorite team you wouldnt be saying anything.
Oh really, so what was he doing trying to put his knee into a player running full speed?  Give him a little love tap? A slap on the rear?  Tell me what else would he have thought the outcome would be other than injury when he stuck his knee out there?  Your thought process is horrible.

Of course that would have been a big deal, but that didnt happen.

He wasnt completely vulnerable either.  The guy ran out of bounds.  He knew what he was doing and he knows that there are people close to the sidelines.  Should he expect someone to trip him?  No he should also be prepared to run into someone because hes out of bounds.  If the coach went onto the field and did what he did everyone here has a reason to be in an uproar.  If you dont want to run the risk of making contact with someone on the sidelines, then dont go out of bounds.

Im not saying what he did was right or called for, but I dont think its as big of a deal that some people here think it is.  He should be (and was) punished, end of story.

Oh really, so what was he doing trying to put his knee into a playerrunning full speed?  Give him a little love tap? A slap on the rear? Tell me what else would he have thought the outcome would be other thaninjury when he stuck his knee out there?  Your thought process ishorrible.
Every tripping incident doesnt mean the one person is intending to injure the other person.

Its a BOLD claim to say that one person is purposely thinking about and follows through with trying to injure another person.  I personally think your thought process is horrible as well.

Of course that would have been a big deal, but that didnt happen.

He wasnt completely vulnerable either.  The guy ran out of bounds.  He knew what he was doing and he knows that there are people close to the sidelines.  Should he expect someone to trip him?  No he should also be prepared to run into someone because hes out of bounds.  If the coach went onto the field and did what he did everyone here has a reason to be in an uproar.  If you dont want to run the risk of making contact with someone on the sidelines, then dont go out of bounds.

Im not saying what he did was right or called for, but I dont think its as big of a deal that some people here think it is.  He should be (and was) punished, end of story.

Oh really, so what was he doing trying to put his knee into a playerrunning full speed?  Give him a little love tap? A slap on the rear? Tell me what else would he have thought the outcome would be other thaninjury when he stuck his knee out there?  Your thought process ishorrible.
Every tripping incident doesnt mean the one person is intending to injure the other person.

Its a BOLD claim to say that one person is purposely thinking about and follows through with trying to injure another person.  I personally think your thought process is horrible as well.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Art Rooney was furious.
Both Dan and Art II were furious beyond belief.  I can only imagine how scary those meetings were  
eek.gif

But anyway, back to the real issue, pretty strong statement made by the league

yeah, im sure they shook their fists real hard at Ben. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Art Rooney was furious.
Both Dan and Art II were furious beyond belief.  I can only imagine how scary those meetings were  
eek.gif

But anyway, back to the real issue, pretty strong statement made by the league

yeah, im sure they shook their fists real hard at Ben. 
laugh.gif

He got what he deserved. Honestly one of the most %!+%%$ up things I've ever seen a coach do. If I was the player i would've FLIPPED

He got what he deserved. Honestly one of the most %!+%%$ up things I've ever seen a coach do. If I was the player i would've FLIPPED

He should be fired. Heat of the moment or not, it was a pathetic move to pull. Not sure what to relate it to in another area of work, but it's 100% inexcusable.

He should be fired. Heat of the moment or not, it was a pathetic move to pull. Not sure what to relate it to in another area of work, but it's 100% inexcusable.

Maybe he was instructed to do something and has that in audio form. He's basically not fired because he's holding what he was told to do hostage against the Jets organization. " You fire me. I'm taking everyone down with me"

Back
Top Bottom