Sad, sad story smh

[h1]Lottery winner received check the day she died[/h1][h2]Motorist kills Ohio woman who had been celebrating her $5,520 winnings [/h2]

SANDUSKY, Ohio - A lottery winner who wasstruck and killed by a car in northern Ohio on the day she got hercheck had just spent some of the money on wedding rings for her and herhusband.
The OhioHighway Patrol says 47-year-old Deborah McDonald of Crystal Rock waswalking home from a bar when she was hit by a car.

McDonald had been drinking and celebrating her winnings before she died, investigators said.

McDonald got a check for $5,520 on Tuesday andtreated her husband and friends to dinner. Friends said she also boughta pair of wedding rings that the couple had been unable to afford.

McDonald won the money in the Ohio Lottery's TV game show "Cash Explosion Double Play."

The show is set to air Saturday.

RIP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/.../us_news-life/?GT1=43001

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Very sad that she passed away but its only 5k i was expecting millions still sad RIP
if you win the lotto, you can either take a lump sum or small checks over a period of time. she must have chose latter

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by socluis90

celebrating that hard over 5k though?

what's "hard" about going out to eat with friends?
buying a set of rings you obviously couldn't afford before and all of a suddent (5k later
ohwell.gif
) you buy them. Pretty stupid IMO.

RIP though.

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

maybe she was dirt poor 5 g's is a lot to some people
if she was dirt poor and the first thing she decided to buy was gold rings then idk what to say.

Since when is treating your friends to dinner considered celebrating hard?  Sad story regardless.

Originally Posted by dland24

Since when is treating your friends to dinner considered celebrating hard?  Sad story regardless.
Exactly plus she spent the money on wedding rings for her and her husband.  Not like she spent it on a car or whatnot.  Real talk if I won 5K, I'd celebrate the same way.  Buy dinner, have a good time and live life.

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

maybe she was dirt poor 5 g's is a lot to some people
if she was dirt poor and the first thing she decided to buy was gold rings then idk what to say.
Honestly this debate makes no sense, we don't know how her financial situation before so talking about it is invalid.

More specific report...
smh.gif

Deborah McDonald won $8,000 in the Ohio Lottery's television show Cash Explosion Double Play. Following her win, McDonald did as any lotto winner would, Celebrate. After McDonald, 47, left the bar post-party she was walking along U.S. Route 6 at State Route 269 south when she was struck by a car and killed.

The accident happened at approximately 9:46 p.m. on the night of Tuesday, January 26.

The driver was not charged.

Investigators concluded the car was heading westbound on U.S. 6 as McDonald was walking in the westbound lane. The accident hurled McDonald into a traffic sign. She was declared dead at the scene.

Sgt. Joe Wentworth of the Sandusky State High Patrol stated they are looking into the possibility of alcohol as a factor but do not believe the driver was under the influence.

The episode of Cash Explosion Double Play featuring McDonald was taped on January 12 and is scheduled to air this coming Saturday with a remembrance message for McDonald's family.

crazy. she had better odds of getting hit and dieing than winning the lotto like that.

id be seriously scared for my life if I won something like that.. other events dont seem soo out of this world anymore

I don't think she won 5K, it may be that the first check she saw was for that amount.

Back
Top Bottom