RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Had to sit out from running the last month with a broken foot. Really sucks from going at 50-60mi weeks to zero. Went to the orthopedic doc yesterday to find it hasn't healed enough and have to wear the boot for another 3 wks. :smh:

Had to sit out from running the last month with a broken foot. Really sucks from going at 50-60mi weeks to zero. Went to the orthopedic doc yesterday to find it hasn't healed enough and have to wear the boot for another 3 wks. :smh:

hope you have a good recovery man

Last edited:
finished my first 10k this morning. my time was 52:07 with a pace of 8:24 per mile pace

was hoping for sub 50 mins :smh: tried to push the pace the last two miles but my legs weren't having it :lol:

35 degrees this morning

Nice, bro! I gotta try X-fit! :nerd:

Last edited:
Nice, bro! I gotta try X-fit! :nerd:

i like it man. its an efficient way for me to work out.

it's always a zoo at my regular gym if i try to go after i get off work. I try to go to bed at a reasonable time so going later in the evening isn't an option for me

Crossfit was fun, but I got a shoulder injury which is what made me focus on just running.  Can't do any of the WODs that had anything involving overhead movements - and that's most of them.

Ran a Thanksgiving 5-miler yesterday.  Someone bumped me at the beginning as I was starting my watch, so I was screwing around with that to reset it for the first quarter mile of my run (didn't have my touch-screen gloves, so it was cumbersome).  Ended up running 35.16 (7.11 miles!), which is about 10 minutes faster than I ran last year.  I was pretty happy with that run...

I need 10 miles in the next 3 days for another 100 mile month, to tie me with Ray!

On watches, I still love my Vivoactive, but I keep seeing the ads for the Gear watch, and it's Nike+ enabled, and I'm tempted.  Definitely don't need it, though.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Has anyone here had any adjustments done by a chiropractor. Reason I ask is that he told me that I was putting more pressure on my left leg and so he was gonna try to fix it. But now I feel like I'm starting to develop shin splints on the outside of my right leg. So I don't know if this was because I'm putting more pressure on my right or if it could be a totally different issue.

Crossfit was fun, but I got a shoulder injury which is what made me focus on just running.  Can't do any of the WODs that had anything involving overhead movements - and that's most of them.

Ran a Thanksgiving 5-miler yesterday.  Someone bumped me at the beginning as I was starting my watch, so I was screwing around with that to reset it for the first quarter mile of my run (didn't have my touch-screen gloves, so it was cumbersome).  Ended up running 35.16 (7.11 miles!), which is about 10 minutes faster than I ran last year.  I was pretty happy with that run...

I need 10 miles in the next 3 days for another 100 mile month, to tie me with Ray!

On watches, I still love my Vivoactive, but I keep seeing the ads for the Gear watch, and it's Nike+ enabled, and I'm tempted.  Definitely don't need it, though.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Nice, Kev! :smokin Regarding the VA... since it's touch screen, have you ever had it end runs prematurely or have any touch errors?

BTW, Amazon just raised the price on the Black VA to $170, but the White VA is still at $150 o_O

I saw the TV spot for that Gear watch, and it looked really nice with its NIKE+ adaptation! :smokin

Last edited:
I had a $20 FNL rewards code expiring soon, so I finally pulled the trigger on the Vivoactive. Plus ebates was offering 8% cashback ($12)... All in all, I spent $151 (with tax) shipped. I'm still very interested in the FR235 though :nerd:

Amazon has the FR620 (touchscreen) for $180
Amazon product ASIN B00FBYYC0O

Last edited:
Nice, Kev!
smokin.gif
Regarding the VA... since it's touch screen, have you ever had it end runs prematurely or have any touch errors?

No, you have to hit things a couple of times to delete runs.  You have to physically push the button on the side to end a run.  The only that that happens inadvertently is that my sleeve will swipe the screen sometimes.

Thanks, Kev!

I'm really looking forward to running with the VA! The extra phone battery life will be NICE since it'll only be playing music... :smokin

One more ?...

So after you finish a run, does it sync automatically to NIKE+? In that instance, will I be able to open the NIKE+ app on my phone then view the run?

Last edited:
Thanks, Kev!

I'm really looking forward to running with the VA! The extra phone battery life will be NICE since it'll only be playing music...
smokin.gif

One more ?...

So after you finish a run, does it sync automatically to NIKE+? In that instance, will I be able to open the NIKE+ app on my phone then view the run?
I know this question was directed at someone else, but since it wasn't answered I'll try to help out. When you are done with your run you turn on your Bluetooth, let it pair. Then  open the garmin app and let your phone and watch sync. After that happens it will be on both your garmin app and Nike+ app and you can add your shoes to it so you can track mileage. Hope that helps

It will pair on its own eventually, but if it's not fast enough, then opening the app and syncing the run works just fine.

I was having issues on the Nike+ end with duplicating runs for a while, so I stopped tracking shoes.  Now that the glitch has been fixed, I'll start tracking my next pair.

Thanks, jhow and Kev!

It will pair on its own eventually, but if it's not fast enough, then opening the app and syncing the run works just fine.

I was having issues on the Nike+ end with duplicating runs for a while, so I stopped tracking shoes.  Now that the glitch has been fixed, I'll start tracking my next pair.

Yikes! I'm glad that they resolved that issue :smile:

Last edited:
via IG

This is EXACTLY what I'd want my watch to display! HR would be dope too!

Last edited:
RunDisneys Star Wars Dark Side medals revealed for DisneyWorld in April. Half Marathon still open for registration. I am really considering going as an excuse to visit DisneyWorld and Universal Studios in Florida.

Last edited:
I just came here to post that! Cannot wait. Flights and hotel booked. Just counting down the days. Doing the 5K, 10K, and Half. Only doing multiple races cause it is the inaugural year for the Dark Side race.

Back
Top Bottom