Roy Hibberts post game interview...No Homo

So homo which is short for homo sexual. Is a gay slur?
westbrook-face-o.gif
Using "gay" or "homo" as a pejorative is a slur.
Using gay in any form as a pejorative is offensive to some people. 

"No hetero" wouldn't be offensive to anyone because heterosexuality hasn't been persecuted... ever. 
yeah i guess i have no right to tell ppl what they should and shouldn't be offended by
That and I think maybe empathizing a little would help you to understand. 

So homo which is short for homo sexual. Is a gay slur?
westbrook-face-o.gif
laugh.gif
this is why people have a HARD time criticizing them because every retort is "well you're a bigot"

even da word "gay" "homosexual"

is bad to them depending on how they "felt" you used it...

Using "gay" or "homo" as a pejorative is a slur.

That and I think maybe empathizing a little would help you to understand. 
nah i can't empathize with this situation but i will no longer belittle the fact that they are offended. plus i don't use no homo as a way to demean or ridicule their sexuality,i usually use it to say that my comment has no homo erotic feelings in it because today ppl r quick to call u gay for giving out a compliment.

Last edited:
I really want to meet one person offended by the saying and what there perception of it is.

I swear I'm not making this **** up but I have a friend from college who is gay and literally pauses and no homos everything everyone else says.

"no one cares who you're ******g people don't need to announce their sexuality" :lol: ironic.

That Westbrook Gif has been used to death.

(Waits for next reply to be that same stupid gif.)

Yall weird. He was fined for cursing saying...MF

The FCC fines the NBA and TNT you think the fines gonna come out of they pocket or the actual offender?

The NBA is a business and one that partners with several LGBT organizations, if you're surprised by Hibbert getting fined you shouldn't be. 

On a different note I've been wondering something for a couple of weeks now. In terms of offending groups of people with everyday language, what's the difference between no homo and that's ghetto.

?

Last edited:
The NBA is a business and one that partners with several LGBT organizations, if you're surprised by Hibbert getting fined you shouldn't be. 

On a different note I've been wondering something for a couple of weeks now. In terms of offending groups of people with everyday language, what's the difference between no homo and that's ghetto.

?

You just opened up a whole new can of worms.

Last edited:

?

No one cares about offending black people. That's the first thing people think about when they say ghetto, *******s and the other slurs.

Maybe there is some serious power within the LGBT community that we don't know about. Look what happened to Mel Gibson when he came wrong at the Jewish community. :lol:

You have to be REALLY dense to not understand why Hibbert's words were offensive. Like, really dense.

Harmless or not, there's certain words that shouldn't come out your mouth, no homo, if you're a celeb and wanna keep that guap/standing. Easy stuff.

Older white people in the media probably don't even know the context that the term is used in. Not really an anti-gay slur, a person is just saying they themselves are not gay. Should've just said pause or ayo and most of the media except for the ones who are hip to slang would've known the meaning.

Older white people in the media probably don't even know the context that the term is used in. Not really an anti-gay slur, a person is just saying they themselves are not gay. Should've just said pause or ayo and most of the media except for the ones who are hip to slang would've known the meaning.

What? This is moronic.

Last edited:
Just by itself, Roy Hibberts "no homo" comment and more importantly public uproar is much to do about nothing. 

just an interesting thought that occurred to me: what would happen if he refused to pay the fine? indefinite suspension?...there's no way the Pacers would allow that to happen to one of their cornerstone young stars...I kind of want him to refuse and see if anyone calls his bluff :lol:

Back
Top Bottom