Roy Hibberts post game interview...No Homo

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that they got dude for 75k. I understand him being part of a business and all that but damn 75k is pretty step for something so silly.

because it's like you afraid of being accused of being gay
1. nothing wrong with being gay
2. no one gives a **** who you're ******g so why you gotta say no homo

Afraid? Its become a joke now.

Maybe you just dont want to be asked if you are.
If I say a girl is pretty, I am automatically asked if I am gay.
That has been done a couple of times in this very forum.

Yeah no gives a ****, but every time there is a inkling that a celeb is gay, its front cover.
Whether its glaad to recruit them, or southpark to make fun of them.

I think this how they pay the WNBA players salaries

:rofl:

I think that 75k payed for at least half of the Phoenix Mercury not including Britney

Thats sad.

Last edited:
You gotta be real dumb or naive to think that term would slide under the radar when saying it to a national audience...especially in this time of the gay rights movement

he basically got fined for stupidity alone

Why is "No homo" offensive? I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch if they start saying "No hetero", gay people just as sensitive as liberals and blacks.
Using gay in any form as a pejorative is offensive to some people. 

"No hetero" wouldn't be offensive to anyone because heterosexuality hasn't been persecuted... ever. 

well it's not true. and it shouldn't bother you.

It doesnt bother me.
It shouldnt bother you that someone wants to mention they arent gay.

I always assumed it was a joke, now I know people find it offensive
Ill make sure I dont say it( not that I ever did)

in case you missed it:

I guessed I missed it, I did not know "homo" was a gay slur.

Last edited:
I think this how they pay the WNBA players salaries
laugh.gif

It was such an awkward moment b/c what he said wasn't even questionable, thus making it an awful execution. Next, he cracked himself up laughing at it, making it even more awkward.

75k is WILD od, but he asked for it by dropping an F bomb, then arrogantly saying he doesn't care if he gets fined. That alone probably tripled it. Also I'm sure there are a lot of nba big wigs that are gay so they really wanted to punosh him.

As for the comment posted earlier about gays and blacks being too sensitive, I feel that it's due to the understood notion that the straight white man holds most of the power in the country (although the president is considered black or mixed). The sensitivity comes b/c any shot towards a minority could be seen as bullying or an attempt to demean/keep them down. Thats why white people don't get mad when people make jokes about them.

It's a lot to it, but that's all I feel like typing right now.

Using gay in any form as a pejorative is offensive to some people. 

"No hetero" wouldn't be offensive to anyone because heterosexuality hasn't been persecuted... ever. 

yeah i guess i have no right to tell ppl what they should and shouldn't be offended by

I think it's kinda in the same vein as "negro". Not the exact same thing since negro isn't an abbreviation, but I'm thinking that's how it's perceived.

Back
Top Bottom