ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

ok received the angelus paint....here are the results:

if anyone can tell me how to remove paint off the mesh, just messed up on that on spot (whoopz!).

quick poll what to name this colorway?  tiffany or un-calypsos

Nice! How many coats did you use, and did you strip off the original color with acetone before applying the Black?

-edit-
Tiffany.

Last edited:

Cybers came in today.

Shout out to the NT'er that gave us the heads up that there were 2 sizes left on sneakerhead.com that one night. Salute! :smokin

To be honest, I can't even tell where you messed up.  Is the spot of paint by the tip of the swoosh in this picture?  Either way, they came out great.  Are you going to dye the inner lining as well?

I thought this site might be helpful for anyone attempting to customize their shoes: http://www.d4la.com/HOWTOMAKECUSTOMS.html.  I'm sure some people know about it or know how to work with paint and dyes, but hopefully it'll help those that don't...

Damn, those Tiffanys are fire. I'll wait a bit more before painting my swooshes, since I love the Tropical Twist colorway. Might have to double up on these.

As for the colorway, I like Tiffany, but at the same time I don't. We'll see what Team ROSHE thinks.

(you can probably tell the spot that i messed up, first time undertaking this kind of project)

before:

if anyone can tell me how to remove paint off the mesh, just messed up on that on spot (whoopz!).

Nice job! I'd go with Tiffany. I would love to see how they look with white or tropical twist laces too.

Last edited:
:nthat:

Got a call that my Black/Sails arrived today. Swooped em up as soon as I got off work. They are TOOOOO clean...

"Today was a good day..."

Nice job bro!!, I don't think you can completely remove the paint on mesh, it will be a lot easier if is on leather. Dark paint on light surface mesh is bad news, you might risk to make that messed up area even bigger. its only a tiny spot, I would suggest to get a light teal paint to touch it up.

(you can probably tell the spot that i messed up, first time undertaking this kind of project)

before:

this looks SICK bro! but i wonder how the paint will hold up if you ever have to wash them...

this looks SICK bro! but i wonder how the paint will hold up if you ever have to wash them...
I was actually thinking the same thing. Read that the paint is not supposed to crack, peel or rub off. But does that hold true to being thrown in the wash machine?

Nonetheless, Tiffany is looking real good. Job well done! Did the 1 ounce bottle do the trick for all three coats?!?

Last edited:
Nonetheless, Tiffany is looking real good. Job well done! Did the 1 ounce bottle do the trick for all three coats?!?
This. I'm debating what size to buy, I know it's only a couple bucks... but would like to know how the 1oz bottle lasts.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Read that the paint is not supposed to crack, peel or rub off. But does that hold true to being thrown in the wash machine?

thought about that, probably will not wash it them at this point.  if i have to wash can always repaint.  the 1 oz bottle was more than enough.

and to everyone else, thanks! im going to try this on my speed yellows. not sure if i should got black again or a darker grey

those look good, but if i decide to paint mine i'm going a different route. i'd hate to not be able to wash them though since im ocd with the soles being clean (on a damn sneaker).

you use the laces from a different pair of roshes? anyone thinking dying the lining would mark up your socks?

Anyone know a site I can cop the tropical twists in lower womens sizes? (i.e. 6.5 or 7)

damn good paint job on those tiffs^^ Nike needs to release more CW's of Roshes. I hope they didnt mean it when they said production was over.

@niwreig Those tropical twists/tiffanys look mighty fresh sir!! Good job. As far as that little stain on the mesh, you can barely notice it, but I know I have a sharpie the same color as those shoes. I would try dabbing the marker on the stain to cover it up if you have no other options. 
smokin.gif

@niwreig Those tropical twists/tiffanys look mighty fresh sir!! Good job. As far as that little stain on the mesh, you can barely notice it, but I know I have a sharpie the same color as those shoes. I would try dabbing the marker on the stain to cover it up if you have no other options. 
smokin.gif
thanks, good idea! will check michaels or a craft store to find that specific color.  oh and i may put a matte finish on this to better protect it and give it a better look.  a bit shiny when to saw them today.

@toney, yeah they are from my sirens which were lace swapped with the neon green laces.  about washing them, since the paint is angelus they should be water resistant?  or you can always spray on a sealant to better protect the shoe.

heads up miami people, there are still roshes in various sizes at the athlete's foot (downtown) and shoe gallery (only the green/black ones).  

oh and if anyone is into runners or asics, found an OG pair of the gel saga DS for $20.  diamond in the ruff! so excited about that!!

Back
Top Bottom