Romney Supporter?

laugh.gif
These "job creators" that you speak of don't stimulate the economy. Sorry.
Care to educate me on who stimulates the economy?

Please explain how?

By making some necessary cuts to spending while also putting some money back in the pockets of people who work hard to earn it in order to encourage economic growth.
Cuts as in eliminate more programs like Planned Parenthood and HeadStart? When there are bigger waste of tax payers money like weapons development. None of those cuts would matter as the deficit is so large it would take twice as long to recover as it took to build. Eliminating the debt imo is impossible, we have too many expenses to cover no matter how you spin.

Putting more money in the pocket of people who worked hard? You mean by cutting the taxes for those who employ (ei the rich) in hope it would stimulate growth in the economy? I've heard that story before, ala Bush Jr.

Last edited:
My friend and I drove through this really nice part of town last night as a scenic route to look at some of the mansions there. 

I want to say that probably 80% of them had Romney signs. 
laugh.gif

Fiscal conservatives I can understand. Social conservatives are just d-bags. 
laugh.gif

Oh...and "trickle down" economics doesn't work. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
People that blindly let obama lead em is just as bad as blind Romney support

Keeping track of da issues > party affiliation.
I agree, neither party has valid solutions to the economy. As I stated before, I respect those who vote within there own interests (no matter party affiliation) but you can't vote for your interest if you don't understand the problems yet support because it's the hot thing to do and his black.

Cuts as in eliminate more programs like Planned Parenthood and HeadStart? When there are bigger waste of tax payers money like weapons development. None of those cuts would matter as the deficit is so large it would take twice as long to recover as it took to build. Eliminating the debt imo is impossible, we have too many expenses to cover no matter how you spin.
Putting more money in the people who worked hard? You mean by cutting the taxes for those who employ (ei the rich) in hope it would stimulate growth in the economy? I've heard that story before, ala Bush Jr.
You do realize that under Obama median household income is down nearly 5,000 bucks from when Bush left office, right?  And that's for middle class families.  Also, basic commodities that lower and middle class people buy, such as food and gas, are way up in cost, and will become more unaffordable if we continue to devalue the dollar by printing more money to support irresponsible government spending.

Obama may act like he's for the everyman, but I don't think he's helped our cause.

My friend and I drove through this really nice part of town last night as a scenic route to look at some of the mansions there. 

I want to say that probably 80% of them had Romney signs. :lol:

Fiscal conservatives I can understand. Social conservatives are just d-bags. :lol:

Oh...and "trickle down" economics doesn't work. >D

No doubt. I was in NYC this weekend and I didn't see any Romney signs posted at all. Then I again I didn't make my way over to Washington Heights either. I'm sure that place is blanketed with Romney signs.

Both approaches in how to fix the economy have pretty strong cases that can be made for it. Nobody really knows what works for sure. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I can see why a person would vote for either.

I hate the conservative stance on social issues though.

Putting more money in the people who worked hard? You mean by cutting the taxes for those who employ (ei the rich) in hope it would stimulate growth in the economy? I've heard that story before, ala Bush Jr.
You do realize that under Obama median household income is down nearly 5,000 bucks from when Bush left office, right?  And that's for middle class families.  Also, basic commodities that lower and middle class people buy, such as food and gas, are way up in cost, and will become more unaffordable if we continue to devalue the dollar by printing more money to support irresponsible government spending.

Obama may act like he's for the everyman, but I don't think he's helped our cause.
1. Market crash

2. Politicians (no matter what they tell you) don't control the price of commodities. That includes food and gas. NOR do they control the status of the market as much as you think they do. 

I don't say this to "shut you down" but I want you to listen to this and tell me what you think: www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/435/

Is this indicative of Obama or that more jobs are being sent overseas and companies are cutting salaries and having massive layoffs. The same companies mostly controlled by that top 5%?

Please outline what you claim as irresponsible spending? Not defending government spending but I want to know what you think is irresponsible.

Is this indicative of Obama or that more jobs are being sent overseas and companies are cutting salaries and having massive layoffs. The same companies mostly controlled by that top 5%?

Please outline what you claim as irresponsible spending? Not defending government spending but I want to know what you think is irresponsible.
If he doesn't say Defense then I'm not listening. 
laugh.gif

The GOP was trying to cut the most SENSELESS stuff in the past few years.

Planned Parenthood? Head/Jumpstart? NPR? Get...ALL THE WAY out of here. 

1. Market crash

2. Politicians (no matter what they tell you) don't control the price of commodities. That includes food and gas. NOR do they control the status of the market as much as you think they do. 

I don't say this to "shut you down" but I want you to listen to this and tell me what you think: www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/435/
Politicians may not control the number on the price tag, but they do play a role in determining what each dollar in our pocket will buy (going back to what I said about irresponsible spending/printing too much money to support it/ultimately devaluing our dollars).

I think you're the one that needs to look it up fam.
First thing that popped up when I google searched "median household income under Obama":

"Median household incomes have fallen 8.2 percent since President Obama took office"

"Data compiled by Sentier Research found that since the economic recovery technically began in June 2009, median household income has dropped 5.7 percent. As of August, that median income was $50,678 -- also down 1.1 percent from the month prior. 

And since Obama took office in January 2009, the median income has fallen 8.2 percent, from $55,198 to its present figure."

Companies are moving things overseas because in America they are forced to operate under the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world.

Companies are moving things overseas because in America they are forced to operate under the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world.
Or maybe it's cheaper to operate overseas as they don't demand the same pay rate as in the US and they won't have to provide the same level of health insurance.

You didn't answer my question,

Please outline what you claim as irresponsible spending?

Or maybe it's cheaper to operate overseas as they don't demand the same pay rate as in the US and they won't have to provide the same level of health insurance.
I'd argue that adding $6 trillion to the deficit in under four years is rather irresponsible.

Seriously, people actually believe that corporation's actually pay the corporate tax rate? After credits, shelters, deductions, they might MIGHT pay half of the corporate tax rate, which after some googling is 35-39%. Small business get screwed because most can't/don't get those same credits, shelters, deductions that the big corporations get. I could be wrong, and I don't claim to be a 'know it all' in politics, but if you are middle class, lower middle class, working class poor, unemployed etc I don't want to hear you say anything about high taxes on corporations. It's a straw man argument and propaganda for the elite to screw the little guy.

The more serious problem is globalization, people are working for peanuts overseas and these same corporation have free reign.

/drunkrant

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue that adding $6 trillion to the deficit in under four years is rather irresponsible.

You realize that you have to spend money to get out of debt in our case, right? 

You know that spending was the result of efforts to right the economy, correct?

Seriously, people actually believe that corporation's actually pay the corporate tax rate? After credits, shelters, deductions, they might MIGHT pay half of the corporate tax rate, which after some googling is 35-39%. Small business get screwed because most can't/don't get those same credits, shelters, deductions that the big corporations get. I could be wrong, and I don't claim to be a 'know it all' in politics, but if you are middle class, lower middle class, working class poor, unemployed etc I don't want to hear you say anything about high taxes on corporations. It's a straw man argument and propaganda for the elite to screw the little guy.

The more serious problem is globalization, people are working for peanuts overseas and these same corporation have free reign.

/drunkrant
Great comment

Many large companies are paying NO taxes. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom