Rogers Internet limit...

I heard that starting next month Rogers will place a limit of 20 GB, 40 GB and 60 GB of downloading on each household (based on your internet package).

How can I find out how many GBs I download per month?

I got mail last month that gave the announcement about the limit.

It depends on your plan.

[h2]Extreme[/h2]
  • Blistering speed, for sharing large files and much more.

$54.95/mth

[h2]Why Extreme?[/h2]
  • 10.0 Mbps download speed
  • 9 Email
    addresses
  • 95 GB Monthly Usage
    Allowance

[h2]Express[/h2]
  • Enjoy a fast service that's great for email, sharing photos and files and extenstive Web surfing.

$44.95/mth

[h2]Why Express?[/h2]
  • 7.0 Mbps download speed
  • 9 Email
    addresses
  • 60 GB Monthly Usage
    Allowance

[h2]Lite[/h2]
  • For email and occassional file sharing with moderate Web surfing, this service allows you to surf at speeds much faster than dial-up.

$34.95/mth

[h2]Why Lite?[/h2]
  • 1.0 Mbps download speed
  • 5 Email
    addresses
  • 25 GB Monthly Usage
    Allowance

[h2]Ultra-Lite[/h2]
  • For those who primarily use email combined with a light amount of Web surfing.

$24.95/mth

[h2]Why Ultra-Lite?[/h2]
  • 500 Kbps download speed
  • 3 Email
    addresses
  • 2 GB Monthly Usage
    Allowance

I got it from the Rogers website

I think there's a little app on their website that let's you check how much data you have downloaded plus they install a cookie that tells you you arenearing/passing the allowance when you open your internet browser. That's only if you are close/have already passed the limit though.

Originally Posted by juschiang

I think there's a little app on their website that let's you check how much data you have downloaded plus they install a cookie that tells you you are nearing/passing the allowance when you open your internet browser. That's only if you are close/have already passed the limit though.

If you have a rogers or rogers-yahoo email address and they know you are using Rogers Hi-Speed Internet, they notify you by e-mail.

lame... but then again... if you use ultra-lite, that means you dont download much.. at least i use something faster to download stuff... cuz 500kbps is like amaximum speed you can hardly reach if ever

http://www.rogers.com/keepingpace to keep track. I think you need to sign up or something. I got a 75% usagewarning last week, hopefully I'm not over the limit.

I saw an ad on the subway where this company is offering unlimited internet download for $40/month. I think it's called Yak or something. I might try thatone day.

This is b.s..They don't own the internet so how can they regulate its use. ISPs are going to be toast once Internet will be free and accessible fromanywhere on the planet.

This is ridiculous, I don't d/l a lot but with me using the net, youtube, online video gaming, 25 GB wont be enough.

Are there any other good alternative internet companies? A couple of friends have Bell Sympatico but both complain that it's very unreliable and thecustomer service centre is in India.

That is the biggest scam going. Videotron, which is the cable internet provider in Montreal, has had usage limits for a while.

When I subscribed to Videotron, I was charged "over usage" EVERY month. When I called to tell them this was impossible, that there was no way I usedmore than the limit, their answer to me was that, every time you open a new page, click on a link, open a picture, etc, etc... it counts towards your usage.It's not just about how much you download or upload.

I paid over $13 in "over usage" fees every month until I got fed up and switch to Bell... and I HATE Bell, but at least they don't have usagelimits.

broadband in this country is a joke
bell does the same thing
ive paid $30 a month ontop of my contract for awhile

if i didnt hate rogers even more id switch off it

plus dont forget about the bandwith shaping they do

bandwidth shaping is garbage...

but for real TekSavvy Unlimited for the win. I use that when i'm away for school. They provide damn good service, too bad they're DSL and get shapedthough..

TekSavvy Unlimited for the win
woulda gone with them had bell not decided to shape all traffic

I was thinking...

Viewing pictures, youtube videos, etc is considered to be downloading.

Then using xbox live frequently is going to be costly...?

Internet access from Rogers, period, is ******ed. Caps on home usage and rape pricing on mobile data...

Originally Posted by homi29

TekSavvy Unlimited for the win
woulda gone with them had bell not decided to shape all traffic

for real...

half way through the semester all my torrents went to hell.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom