RIP Nipsey Hussle

I grew up in government housing, poverty stricken neighborhood where I was the only white kid on the block. Grew up on food stamps and government assistance. Raised by a proud black man that dealt with every facet of racism imaginable. Went nights without eating, went nights without heat or air conditioning, was teased, jumped and harassed because I was the only white kid on the block. Been shot at been stabbed been robbed. Had to hold my own and fight to make it on a daily basis. I earned the respect of my peers eventually and became a part of the neighborhood where they all began to view me as one of them. But I made a choice to be better and lift myself out of that lifestyle by working hard and making the right choices to not go down that path of selling drugs and robbing and toting guns on the daily, that’s all I had around me on a daily basis was negativity, gangs, drugs, just overall chaos. We all have choices in every day life that make us who we are. We either work ourselves out of it with the choices we make or we become a statistic. I wasn’t about to become a statistic and made it out. Now I own my own business, I have 3 beautiful children and own my home. I made it out when I was set up to fail. Anyone can make it with the drive and the right choice.

:lol: @ nights without air conditioning.

I grew up in government housing, poverty stricken neighborhood where I was the only white kid on the block. Grew up on food stamps and government assistance. Raised by a proud black man that dealt with every facet of racism imaginable. Went nights without eating, went nights without heat or air conditioning, was teased, jumped and harassed because I was the only white kid on the block. Been shot at been stabbed been robbed. Had to hold my own and fight to make it on a daily basis. I earned the respect of my peers eventually and became a part of the neighborhood where they all began to view me as one of them. But I made a choice to be better and lift myself out of that lifestyle by working hard and making the right choices to not go down that path of selling drugs and robbing and toting guns on the daily, that’s all I had around me on a daily basis was negativity, gangs, drugs, just overall chaos. We all have choices in every day life that make us who we are. We either work ourselves out of it with the choices we make or we become a statistic. I wasn’t about to become a statistic and made it out. Now I own my own business, I have 3 beautiful children and own my home. I made it out when I was set up to fail. Anyone can make it with the drive and the right choice.

If you didn't have this father figure in your life do you think you would have made it out?

Yall acting like ish was sweet not having AC on the summer nights. Damn near rather die than try to sleep when it's 90 degrees in the house

Yall acting like ish was sweet not having AC on the summer nights. Damn near rather die than try to sleep when it's 90 degrees in the house

Except with no heat you actually can die. No AC and it's just uncomfortable and sucks. It's not really indicative of the struggle. That's the joke.

It's like complaining about having to drink water with no ice.

How can he afford dude?

Darden probably doing pro-bono work. Highest-profile rapper killing since Big/Pac, he's all over it...if this dude lives and actually sees a trial, this is a huge win for Darden to get his name back out there again. Word to Gloria Allred.

Except with no heat you actually can die. No AC and it's just uncomfortable and sucks. It's not really indicative of the struggle. That's the joke.

It's like complaining about having to drink water with no ice.
I get it, I'm just rememberrem those nights with no AC when I couldn't afford to get it fixed. :sick:

[QUOTE="KHUFU
What's it like to be Black?

you chose not to be black. that's what you're saying.

I'm late?

mqntnazn1iwngn6lxbqm.gif

___ please :smh:

getback getback
edshoecator edshoecator
Your troll game is wack. Pick apart my post and take it as you wish. Just sharing my story and trying to shed some light and give somebody motivation that may be teetering the edge of making smart choices or being consumed with your negative surroundings.

getback getback
edshoecator edshoecator
Your troll game is wack. Pick apart my post and take it as you wish. Just sharing my story and trying to shed some light and give somebody motivation that may be teetering the edge of making smart choices or being consumed with your negative surroundings.
who asked for your story of nights with no AC? :lol:

getback getback
edshoecator edshoecator

You're still missing the point though. Just because you were able to persevere, doesn't mean others have the tools to do so. It's often out of their control and has nothing to do with "motivation."

You're still missing the point though. Just because you were able to persevere, doesn't mean others have the tools to do so. It's often out of their control and has nothing to do with "motivation."
What more “tools” did I have from my peers? We were all in the same bucket with the same tools. It’s called heart and hard work and not letting my surroundings dictate my life

bishopstrongbow bishopstrongbow I saw some posts from you earlier in this thread about your people being MLDs and ISCs. You might be interested in checking out the book “The In$ane Chicago Way.” It talks about the war of the families between the Latin Folks gangs in the 1990s. I’m sure your people could probably speak to some of it too.

I’ve got some roots in Chicago, as well. South Side though.

Damn. Sam said he not even sure why dude did the killing. Could be playing coy for the media but damn they probably really set my guy up man.

Back
Top Bottom