RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

When I sit and think of it, I grew up on Fab. Can't Deny it is one of the first songs I remember . Man I was 8.

Paul Cain renegade verse >>>>

Also, disrespectful to compare Big Sean to Fab :smh:. Fab made can you hear me and Breathe. BREATHE my *****!

They're really only comparable due to who [most] their demographic is. It would help if Big Sean had a masculine voice.

Gonna give Loso’s Way: Rise to Power and More Street Dreams 2 tomorrow. :smokin

The intro on Rise to Power :sick:

Yeah Sheck mess with those lil tumblr _'s that Carti and Ian Connor called themselves "fighting" two years ago :rofl::smh:

Given his trajectory when he passed, where do y’all think Chinx would be in terms of appeal if he were still alive?

Think he would’ve broken out?

Given his trajectory when he passed, where do y’all think Chinx would be in terms of appeal if he were still alive?

Chinx was just starting to figure out how to make hit records. We see where French is now, Chinx woulda been featured on some of those records. I think he woulda been right there with French.

If Max does come out this year, with his creativity he might have some anthems real quick.

He woulda did decent, But Stack Bundles was the true star . M.o.b with Stack, Jim Jones and Max B woulda kept NY in the mix for way more years , that wave was too crazy.

Dave East is alright. Lyrically he's sound, but IDK. His music is just sonically lacking for me.

Jada is, Jada...

Don Q's music sounds better but who is really going to step up and drop the next classic ALBUM man? A cohesive project that squarely puts NY back on the map. When's the last time we've had a project that really feels timeless?
Everything out of griselda records is probably right up your alley...

I could upload some stuff and link you if you're interested. Maybe like 10 songs I think someone that hasn' heard of them should hear. Lemme know.

An alternate version of Ghostface’s 2013 album 12 Reasons to Die, produced by Detroit’s Apollo Brown, features beats that suit the rapper’s strengths more closely.

Didn't see this posted in here, but this is basically a remix album Concept album with a much grittier sound attached to it. Considering there was a boom bap debate in here the other day, this may spark some interest

The%20Brown%20Album.jpg

Stack bundles would have been one of those dope underground rappers that never got the recognition or respect he deserved he wasn’t going to blow up

We could argue all day about stack because we'll never truly know, but with that said Stack had all things aligning for him & was onre of the more charismatic rappers out there. He would be where french is but with better quality.

Also Lowkey French been one of the biggest hit makers in rap consistently this decade & gets no credit. His albums be mid, but has dropped High Quality on the mixtapes, Dude doesn't get the Credit He deserves

Last edited:
I mean stack woulda been doing his thing but I couldn’t see him as some big star like kendrick or drake he woulda been the average rapper a few people checked for low key

I mean stack woulda been doing his thing but I couldn’t see him as some big star like kendrick or drake he woulda been the average rapper a few people checked for low key

Kendrick/Drake Status no..... Meek Level tho i think that was very obtainable, him & meek share a lot of the same features that draw peope in now that i think about it.

Back
Top Bottom