RIP George Floyd

He’s. Not. Lying. Everytime I ride through Texas I make sure to fill up in Houston. I’ve never stopped in Vidor or Orange or any of those little rinky dink towns because of what I’ve learned growing up.

I live in NYC so I'm not all that familiar with the south. I visited the Fort Worth area for work last year not knowing how diverse it would be and was surprised to see a lot of different races and ethnicities in the area.

So, I was speaking to a Black girl (About 22-23 y/o) and told her how I was low key expecting there to be mostly Whites since people from NYC usually assume the South is racist af. And she proceeded to tell me stories about how other parts of Texas, Georgia, etc have towns that are still very dangerous to Blacks and even her father was chased out of a town in his car because he was Black filling up gas in a White supremacist area. Blew my mind that things like that were so common in our day and age.

I live in NYC so I'm not all that familiar with the south. I visited the Fort Worth area for work last year not knowing how diverse it would be and was surprised to see a lot of different races and ethnicities in the area.

So, I was speaking to a Black girl (About 22-23 y/o) and told her how I was low key expecting there to be mostly Whites since people from NYC usually assume the South is racist af. And she proceeded to tell me stories about how other parts of Texas, Georgia, etc have towns that are still very dangerous to Blacks and even her father was chased out of a town in his car because he was Black filling up gas in a White supremacist area. Blew my mind that things like that were so common in our day and age.

There are so many sundown towns throughout the midwest and south

giphy (45).gif

I’m from Texas (Central Texas) and it’s diverse asf for the most part, but you start venturing into to those certain cities, you just hope you have enough gas to get somewhere else without having to stop.

I would put up several names that speak EXACTLY like Terry Crews here on Niketalk, and I can @ several names here on Niketalk those that are not Black, who’ll applaud Crew’s ignorance, tap dancing banjo act! But I am certain that everyone who has been painted as making everything about race, know exactly of who I speak. Notice how their punk blankety blanks suddenly go quiet, then wanting to keep it about the shoes here.....:lol:

No, this doesn’t exist any more. You are simply poisoning this thread, making everything about race, right niceshoes247 niceshoes247 ?

I would put up several names that speak EXACTLY like Terry Crews here on Niketalk, and I can @ several names here on Niketalk those that are not Black, who’ll applaud Crew’s ignorance, tap dancing banjo act! But I am certain that everyone who has been painted as making everything about race, know exactly of who I speak. Notice how their punk blankety blanks suddenly go quiet, then wanting to keep it about the shoes here.....:lol:

No lies detected.

This is true! I know people in the area and heard about this a month or two ago. That said, apparently even in Vidor there were black lives matter demonstrations even there! Which is crazy (clearly). Hopefully these do-not-stop towns get smaller and smaller, and disappear by 2050.

Back
Top Bottom