RIP George Floyd

The difference between how Germany treated their history of Nazis and how we've treated our history of slavery is stark. It's literally illegal to have anything that commemorates Nazis and in school, they're all taught of the horrific crimes they committed. Field trips are organized to visit Holocaust museums etc. Over here we roll with "so some people owned some people but we forgot and Obama became president so we good"

This. All of this. It really has to do with a lack of education and our unwillingness to talk about sensitive issues. Nobody wants to talk about history anymore because we are so afraid of offending someone and unfortunately we just continue to repeat the cycle over and over again. So many people are just straight up uninformed about America's complicated historical background.

AntiqueSolidAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

"The south has always been dirty, but now its gettin UGLY"

Something is def up with this. I feel we'll find out soon enough.
Brooklyn is lit up like the 4th every night, and eve Hell’s Kitchen is poppin’ off, not at the same rate, but here and there. I find it funny, yet odd at the same time, especially since fireworks were outlawed several years ago. A few days ago, a NYC fire chief got busted over some. A dang fire chief.

Brooklyn is lit up like the 4th every night, and eve Hell’s Kitchen is poppin’ off, not at the same rate, but here and there. I find it funny, yet odd at the same time, especially since fireworks were outlawed several years ago. A few days ago, a NYC fire chief got busted over some. A dang fire chief.
Yeah I'm used to fireworks here and there leading up to the 4th, but not at the level of a show on the 4th like this year. Could be a number of factors, but who knows.

Growing up where i did folks use to pop fireworks pretty much the whole month of June and July. I didn’t think this was an issue but who knows these days.

I'm all for tearing down that statue especially for what he really believed in and the symbolism depicted by that statue. The bigger elephant in the room would be good ol' Teddy Rough Rider's face is also chiseled into a big ol' rock face in South Dakota called Mt. Rushmore. What do you do with that?
Not to detract from the African American cause here but I find it ironic, or maybe a slap in the face that Roosevelt is one of the faces and that the Black Hills, where the monument is located is considered sacred to the Lakota people and according to the Treaty of 1868 that it is their land Mt. Rushmore sits on.
I am for whatever Native Americans want to do with it.

You know this has always been a lingering thought in my head when typing, and also white, asians, indians etc in general. Just writing those words out in context, I always wondered if it was grammatically correct to capitalize them.
English isnt my first language, but those are nouns.

Nouns are capitalized.

That statue is actually the perfect depiction of how America views equality. You can walk next to white people, but you damn sure can't be positioned the same. You can be comfortable as long they're more comfortable. They should place that inside of the museum & rename that statue "White Privilege."

Idk if the intention was there during the creative process, but this a very powerful image & shouldn't be destroyed b/c that statue is America.

Yeah I'm used to fireworks here and there leading up to the 4th, but not at the level of a show on the 4th like this year. Could be a number of factors, but who knows.
I heard rumor of blue flu for the 4th of July weekend for NYPD. no cops on 4th of July weekend will be legendary.

people investigating as best they can rn

I’m in the ATL area and fireworks been going off on the random weekly so far this year...It can be a Tues night at 9:45 and somebody lighting some **** up...I just chalked it up to somebody always celebrating something I guess :lol: ...the 4th is on a sat this year too so that day gon be extra wild wit it

Imagine my shock...

tumblr_lqa3d90su21qmaa4ro1_250.gif

Now they just have to investigate why a rouge gang of fast food workers conspired to attack cops by making one wait for her food. Never mind the fact that all the McDonalds here have designated parking spots for making people wait on their food. There has to be some nefarious intent.

Back
Top Bottom