RIP George Floyd

Kind of crazy how the world just up and decided to fall apart. This is all surreal. I can only hope there are changes that make things better.
There is a reason why Super Power changes hands.
No one Body can remain on top indefinitely. Something always gets them.....

Change is here. “It’s going to get a lot worse.....

Now initially I was going to finish that quote with “....before it gets better.”

.....but I’m not sure what happens next, might be the end of a People in General, End Times and such. Time for that master reset button that happens....and happens, and has always happensed. History is about to be rewritten, imo.

am i the only one
who has always hated how changes took the verse from this
i swear no one ever mentions this
but i hate changes
just cause it took the verse from here
Part of the reason why I posted this and not changes.

Changes wasnt to the general it was still for us. Let's nots sleep on changes verse 2 and 3 still aint wrong

Pac was taken to soon.

How did Boogaloo go from this...
200.gif
to this...
Whitest-guy-in-America.jpg
?!

In 2006 Buffalo N.Y, a black female officer was fired for intervening another cop who was putting a chokehold on a suspect. She was 19 years into the force and needed just one more year to receive her pension but was denied because they fired her.

How did Boogaloo go from this...
200.gif
to this...
Whitest-guy-in-America.jpg
?!

Same way the "okay" went from this...

CCz6VMj.jpg

To this...

F6DKYDSRPREVHNZZIOX754JUCE.jpg

These *** idiot 4chan a-holes start them as "jokes," then they go from appropriating it to completely taking it and changing it's meaning. It's *** gross. Now we can't even reference or joke about Breakin' 2 any more because these morons have started using it as code for a second civil war. :angry:

am i the only one
who has always hated how changes took the verse from this
i swear no one ever mentions this
but i hate changes
just cause it took the verse from here

I loved that double cd. That song brings me back. Changes did sound weird at first when it reused the lines from "I wonder if heaven got a ghetto". It made Changes too manufactured from my perspective.

Over the past 25 years by nearly every metric (property crime, violent crime etc) Crime has decreased by more than 50% in this country. Now in corporate America when an initiative is not producing returns, funding is cut or reallocated. Why are budgets INCREASING for police across the country when crime has plummeted with police shootings skyrocketing?

Can someone explain that to me like I am a 5 year old?

Over the past 25 years by nearly every metric (property crime, violent crime etc) Crime has decreased by more than 50% in this country. Now in corporate America when an initiative is not producing returns, funding is cut or reallocated. Why are budgets INCREASING for police across the country when crime has plummeted with police shootings skyrocketing?

because its used to oppress black folks
aint no limit on what they would spend
to oppress us

Police departments do two things well.

1) Their unions are great at political involvement. So they go to a politician and say "You give us a 10% increase in budget and we'll lobby for you." In a city like NYC, that's almost 40k people plus the friends and family they can influence. You give them what they want as a politician and you can gain 150k votes.

2) Police departments cook stats. Police commissioner is a political appointment, not a ranked position you gain through moving up with tenure. So they have to show crime is low to keep their job and look good, but they also make it seem that they put extra cops in the zones with "reduced" crimes so that it places the assumption that without them, crime would spike back up.

1) Their unions are great at political involvement. So they go to a politician and say "You give us a 10% increase in budget and we'll lobby for you." In a city like NYC, that's almost 40k people plus the friends and family they can influence. You give them what they want as a politician and you can gain 150k votes.

2) Police departments cook stats. Police commissioner is a political appointment, not a ranked position you gain through moving up with tenure. So they have to show crime is low to keep their job and look good, but they also make it seem that they put extra cops in the zones with "reduced" crimes so that it places the assumption that without them, crime would spike back up.
Which is why I like private sector. You should get paid for doing better work with LESS labor not more.

The moral issues with police are obvious, I am just trying to see how much waste is truly happening here. Break up police unions seems to be step one.

Methodical Management Methodical Management , do you think that this thread should be stickied? These situations are constantly occurring, and we should not have to dig up this thread.
The act of pinning a thread is generally viewed in one of two ways:
  • As an indication of its significance or centrality to the forum or subforum.
  • As a way to ensure that announcements or other important content aren't overlooked or lost in the shuffle.
If the question is: "does this meet the standard of significance required to justify a pin", the answer is obviously yes.

Personally, I use pins to provide visibility for notices that might otherwise go unseen, not to keep popular threads that are already surfaced by high activity in one static location. In my experience, the more pinned topics you have, the more likely people are to start tuning them out. Case in point: we started the donation drive threads out with no pins to get them traction, and only pinned them once they started falling to the back pages. Since I pinned the fundraiser for the Bail Project, we've only received a scant few additional contributions. Had we not done so, however, it's probable the thread would've gotten buried in the back pages.

Another issue there is that there are other relevant discussions about lynchings, police brutality, and systemic racism that aren't less worthy of discussion.

To list but a small few:

I don't want to lock or suppress the creation of a thread dedicated to Robert Fuller, Breonna Taylor, or Rayshard Brooks because this one already exists.

KHUFU KHUFU
I can already see the suggestion of using the bookmark feature coming up.

Smh
Bookmarking is great for threads you'd like to return back to at some point - instead of "posting for later." In this case, watch/subscribe is the better option, as you can be notified of any new replies:

Subscribe.jpg

What is the IA+? I really try to respect other ppl’s way of living but I can’t keep up with all of the new identifiers.
Intersex, Asexual/Agender/Ally, and the plus represents inclusiveness.

"Juking the stats" - The Wire

yall keep acting like a degree
makes someone less racist
There's no ya'll and no one ever said this. Again this is related to the late great **** Gregory's ideas, give them something, ie free college for their kids, themselves etc, make them earn a license they can lose like nurses etc. Nothing likely will change a racist, but if you give them something they need, something they can't afford to lose, do you hate black people more than you love your kids?

Back
Top Bottom