Ricky Rubio for Dummies...(Scouting Report)

is he better than my main man marco?

belinelli01G.jpg

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What was it I said during the Olympics? I'm sure someone has it screen printed and saved.
laugh.gif

Let's see it.
That Olympic Basketball thread was LEGENDARY.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What was it I said during the Olympics? I'm sure someone has it screen printed and saved.
laugh.gif

Let's see it.
That Olympic Basketball thread was LEGENDARY.
pimp.gif

can some one find it?..I have some hours to kill, I cant sleep after the *!+ whooping we gave the floppers.

My money still says bust. I'm just waiting for a Chad Ford article on how great he is to seal the deal. Kid's gonna get some coach fired

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

My money still says bust. I'm just waiting for a Chad Ford article on how great he is to seal the deal. Kid's gonna get some coach fired
Fired coaches is nothing new in the NBA anymore.

he's not a freak athlete, doesn't have highlight dunks, isn't hood, his swag is on level 1, he's white...but worst of all

he's EUROPEAN
sick.gif

bust

JapanAir21:
http://niketalk.com/topic/99997?page=1
Good find. Here's what I said:
23ska909red02:
presequel:
23ska909red02:
purpleRElGN:
the rubio haters need to fall back a bit, dude was 17 playing against chris paul
laugh.gif

And he was tissue paper soft and whiny, like a 13-year old.

Yet, he was acting like he was some stud... not a stud-in-the-making, but a legit stud... like he's on par with Paul, Nash, Kidd, and Deron at the 1 right now. RIGHT NOW.

You come in at 17 years old humble and just play your game, and whether you do well or terrible, people will respect your effort.

You come in at 17 years old whining and talking crap like you're some superstar and then don't even play all that well, you're going to get hated on.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

And you know whats funny? I was reading an article on ESPN saying that Rubio should now be #1 pick in 2 years when hes eligible, because of the way he played in the Gold medal game.

It was some scout or ex coach, I forgot, but either way......I dunno.
I will eat both of my big toes if he is ever a #1 pick.

Heck, if he's even a top 5 pick... in any NBA draft, any year... I'll kiss his toes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I think my toes are safe.

Don't be so sure, some teams might be crazy enough to pick him, I heard the Kings would entertain the thought.
nerd.gif

It's okay, keeping your word is overrated.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Hope Rubio strong arms his way to NYC. There were reports out there that the team he would only like to play for is with the Knicks. He could threaten to sitin Europe for a couple years if another team picks him

23ska909red02:
presequel:
23ska909red02:
purpleRElGN:
the rubio haters need to fall back a bit, dude was 17 playing against chris paul
laugh.gif

Yet, he was acting like he was some stud... not a stud-in-the-making, but a legit stud... like he's on par with Paul, Nash, Kidd, and Deron at the 1 right now. RIGHT NOW.

You come in at 17 years old humble and just play your game, and whether you do well or terrible, people will respect your effort.

You come in at 17 years old whining and talking crap like you're some superstar and then don't even play all that well, you're going to get hated on.

And you know whats funny? I was reading an article on ESPN saying that Rubio should now be #1 pick in 2 years when hes eligible, because of the way he played in the Gold medal game.

Heck, if he's even a top 5 pick... in any NBA draft, any year... I'll kiss his toes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Your toes are safe Ska. But you better make an appointment to kiss his Ska when he comes to visit the Lakers/Clippers. lol

As far as I know it's a toss-up between Griffin and Rubio for the #1 pick for the Kings. I heard Petrie is ENAMORED with Rubio...especially when ourstarting PG is trash Beno Udrih.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

bust

I bet he'll have 10x the career of Cleaves.

So are you saying he'll be a bust or what?

No. I think he'll be a much improved version of Jose Chalderon. Jose is a very good PG. Dude just gets hurt too much. I doubt he'll avg more than18 Pts per game for extended number of years unless in the proper system. Like the Knicks system. But I bet that he'll def avg 9-13 *$+. per game. With~2.5 steals.

I think he will be pretty bad as a rookie, but pretty good in 4 years. To me thats not worth a top 5 pick, especially for teams that need help now...by thetime he gets decent he'll be a free agent.

23ska909red02:
presequel:
23ska909red02:
purpleRElGN:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Your toes are safe Ska. But you better make an appointment to kiss his Ska when he comes to visit the Lakers/Clippers. lol

Damn I don't even remember posting that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Biggie62 wrote:

Mateen Cleaves wrote:

bust

So are you saying he'll be a bust or what?

No. I think he'll be a much improved version of Jose Chalderon. Jose is a very good PG. Dude just gets hurt too much. I doubt he'll avg more than 18 Pts per game for extended number of years unless in the proper system. Like the Knicks system. But I bet that he'll def avg 9-13 %%@. per game. With ~2.5 steals.

I think it was a joke that you didn't get.. 10 x the career of Cleaves = still a bust.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

bust

roll.gif

seriously though, people hating on the guy maybe because his an international player, saw a lot of games during the recent Olympics and he was really a steadyback up to calderon and was solid during the finals against the us, he even had a great move against my fave pg jkidd, just could not find any video on thatplay, hope the guy succeeds, i don't know why people would want somebody to fail or be a bust, its just like wishing an opposing player gets hurt during agame to feel good about something.

Very amateur Scouting report but you did bring in some good points. solid first attempt. Some notes

firstly it becomes clear you FAVOR the player on a personal level.

Reading that makes that very obvious. try to tone it down a bit because most of your observations on his game are accurate but you dont want people thinkingyour biased.

Use the 2/3, 1/3 rule.

If you think highly of the player 2/3 should be positive 1/3 negative. I dont see much negatives and weaknesses in there.

If you think low of the player, 2/3 should be weaknesses/improvements and the other third positives.

let me know how it goes. I started getting into scouting for a bit but havent done much since

Back
Top Bottom