Rest in peace to the PS2 (2000-2013)

RIP, she held me down. ill cherish all the moments, even the times i couldnt beat. :pimp:

Had mine preordered to get it on release day. The day before the release some jackass at Funcoland called and tried to say my system was "dropped" and I needed to wait until the next shipment came in. :smh: Needless to say I told my mom and she went through and raised hell because dude was clearly trying to cash in and overcharge people on the side. I remember they were gong for like $1000 right after the release on Ebay.

When I first plugged it in.... :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Soo many hours playing Tekken Tag, GTA and FFX.

GOAT without question. :smokin

never had a PS2 but side note last month Vice City celebrated its 10th anniversary
pimp.gif
loved it

grand theft auto
need for speed
gran turismo
tony hawk
street fighter
mortal kombat
socom
tokyo extreme racer

my child hood da memories man :pimp:

if i wasnt outside playing with the homies we were inside playing game :pimp:

Last edited:
tony hawks america's wasteland will always be my favorite video game ever along with san andreas

Last edited:
pimp.gif
 RIP. My teen years were spent on the PS2. So many memories. 
Word, I probably put in 100 hours on FFX.

Have so many memories with my PS2 just because I was a far bigger gamer than I am now. I just casually play when im bored now, then? I loved it.

Damn.....need to cop me a OG PS3 that plays PS2 games. RIP :pimp: So many good memories from that system.

The first SSX, GTA 3-LCS, THPS 3-AWL, Tekken Tag Tournament, DBZ Boudakai, Time Splitters, Madden 2005,
Onimusha, NBA Street 1 and 2, Fight Night.

One of the best consoles of all time.

Last edited:
Itwas a good run. I remember ordering mine in June before release and waiting unpatiently for it in October. That gloriousmoment when UPS showed up to the door with it. Many an *** whooping I provided.

So many hours on this machine.
Tony Hawk pro-skater - Moon Gravity with friends...dropping million point combos during horse games
Socom - had to buy the online adapter to play this game online....knowing the cheat in the dessert map to climb into the map and be underground and have mad people yell at you on the mic lolo
Resident Evil
Madden - Getting 25 pics a year in career with Sean Taylor
PES - Adriano on Inter was always a monster for some reason....left foot goals from 30 out
Time Splitters - multi-player with bots and friends...those monkeys man....Crispin the zombie was my dude ohhh and Harry Tipper lol
Fight Night - the first time you threw a left hook knock out with the new controls
GTA - Vice City was my jam....riding around listening to chatterbox radio just for fun
Gran Turismo - Those endurance races at the beginning just to get 1 good car. Had me ready, 2 hot pockets, bottle of gatorade, next 3 hours is about to get real

Oh and what i think is still the greatest game ever made

KINGDOM HEARTS

You will be missed

Sony will NEVER make a better console than PS2. 1 of the best game libraries on ANY console ever: Metal Gear Solid 1-3, SSX/SSX Tricky, NBA Street 1 & 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground, GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas, The Getaway, SOCOM, Midnight Club, The Warriors, Zone of Enders, Resident Evil 4, list goes on and on and on :smokin

i don't think any console can top ps2's legend. ps2 library is still the best collection out there. ps3/xbox doesn't compare. i still got mine working. put in some hours on that kingdom hearts 2 last time i started up (last yr).

Back
Top Bottom