Respect for mother the same as....

The love I have for my mother is part of my foundation. The love for a girlfriend/wife is something that really is picked out of thin air and grows into such a strong of a bond.

If I lost my girlfriend/wife, the life I am trying to build would be shattered, but if I lost my mother, the life I live would be like losing the Y-axis on an XYZ plane. It would throw off my sense of direction that much.

Last edited:
Idk, but maybe you ignored some of that crazy because the relationship was new. People tend to do this a lot. Keep your eyes open and pay attention to certain interactions. I'm almost certain there was stuff there, but you let it slide thinking it was minor. Ain't no tricks, we are who we are :lol:

Good to see a female post on NT. Guys don't F this up! :lol:

This qft

Keep your eyes open for real, if he/she is sweet to you and evil to everyone else.
He/she is being fake with you and real with everyone else.

I treat my girlfriend with as much respect as she deserves, which is just as much as she gives me.

I've lost a lot of respect for my mother for what she has done throughout my life, so I guess you could say I treat my girl with more respect than my mom.
This and /Thread

I think the reason why women are looked at as such delicate and noble creatures is because we all have mothers.. and mothers are women...

So we subconsciously attribute these traits to women.

Inb4 someone says we ALL think random JOs have hearts of gold because our mothers sacrificed their lives for us.

I'm not saying that. I just think its so... socially awkward to be critical of your momb dukes ... and it carries over into dealing with women.

I honor my mother in the most utmost respectful way; I use her maiden name for my password recovery question. Take that, dad!

I always found that logic flawed. The audacity of women :lol: :smh:

“I told my girl, she was the 4th most important thing in my life. First, there's Me, then my mother, my career, and then her." - Patrice O'Neal

If a guy/girl treats ANYONE poorly (like a waiter/cashier or whatever) it's red flag.

Last edited:
Man y'all gotta chill callin' dudes papi lmao.

My situation is the stereotypical black father in reverse. So nah, I treat women I care about a lot better than I treat my mom.

my mom, grandmother and sisters are the Queens of my life. They held me down in terms of raising me, sending me to school, keeping me on point and most importantly have always had my best interest in heart....even when I was acting like an immature teenager/young adult at times.

With that said....I can see myself having a wife on a step below my mom but never on the same level as my mom. No matter what ***** comes through my door and if it should get serious they gotta have the quintisenntial ability to understand that the bond I have with my mom is something not to **** with.....at all.

I will def call out my mom if she's acting up but that level or respect and love for her I really don't think can be equaled....but maybe that'll change after some decades of marriage.

And I used to yell at my mom wild when I was younger....we used to go at it but now that i'm grown I appreciate the hell out of her. She's my personal god.

Man y'all gotta chill callin' dudes papi lmao.

My situation is the stereotypical black father in reverse. So nah, I treat women I care about a lot better than I treat my mom.

Its ok papi, Im a girl lol

**** em both at this point. Me n moms aint been seeing eye to eye for a few weeks n my girl on that **** too smh

Anyways with these two comments I really think there should be a "Dead beat mom thread"

Its rare to see someone not get along with their mother, I will make a thread spin off.

Ive been in the same situation as you OP...

i kinda of ignored how he talked to his friends/family cuz he was always nice to me...until we would get into an argument...

now i know to not ignore that stuff even if its not directed at me...

a man should respect his mother and his lady but those relationships are different but the respect should always be there..

Is this the reason why you won't return my calls?

Respect is earned.

As far as talking of course it'll be different with my mom (and dad) than with my girl (or friends).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom