Reggie Miller Calls Knicks A Joke

Link
November 28, 2007 - 5:44 am
Miller_Reggie_nba.jpg
New York Daily News -
"Right now, they are a league-wide joke," Reggie Miller said of the New York Knicks . "It's sad because they are an historic and iconic franchise. But people think they are late night comedy jokes."

Miller, the legendary former Indiana Pacers guard and renowned Knicks villain, will call tomorrow's Knicks-Celtics game for TNT. His broadcasting partners include Hall of Fame announcer Marv Albert, who was unceremoniously dumped by the Garden, and Mike Fratello, who had a handshake agreement with Isiah Thomas to coach the Knicks before Thomas decided to hire Lenny Wilkens.

Miller, of course, has a connection to Thomas. Besides playing against each other, Thomas was Miller's coach for three seasons at Indiana. Although the Pacers never advanced past the first round under Thomas, Indiana did reach the playoffs all three years under him.

Miller believes that considering the state of the Eastern Conference and the Knicks' talent base, Thomas should be able to get his team to crack the top eight.

"All I know is that Isiah has the talent to make them a playoff-caliber team," Miller said yesterday over the telephone. "With the talent New York has, they should easily be in the top six. Only Orlando and Boston are running away with the conference. New York is not out of it. All they need is a four- or five-game winning streak and they've already won two of them."

well as a knicks fan, im not suprised that a knicks killer/hater said this

He said they are known as a joke, which isnt exactly new news.

I actually hope the Knicks improve, we're going on the 7th straight season they've had a losing record and it's sorta time to make a move.

They are a joke. They've been a joke since Isiah has signed on to lead this team to nowhere.

He's 100% right. Nobody takes that franchise seriously right now. And it won't change under the current regime.

I'll never understand why James Dolan hasn't completely cleaned that house out yet...The terrible results on the court should be bad enough, but throwin the continued embarassment off the court with the sexual harassment case and then Isiah and Marbury going at eachother like a couple of high schoolgirls...It's just unexplainable. I'd be EXTREMELY upset if I were a Knicks fan. Fire Isiah and go get a guy like Jerry Colangelo to fix the train wreckon that roster. There's about 3-4 guys really worth keeping...I'd find any way possible to dump Marbury. Trade, buy-out, whatever. He's a great guyin the community, but this franchise needs to put EVERYTHING from the last 4-5 years behind them and start over. Keep David Lee, Balkman, Curry, Collins andmaybe a couple of others and clean the rest out.

It's like how you can say things about family members or friend, but if someone else does it, you defend them.

Screw Reggie

but then he steps back from that

"All I know is that Isiah has the talent to make them a playoff-caliber team," Miller said yesterday over the telephone. "With the talent New York has, they should easily be in the top six. Only Orlando and Boston are running away with the conference. New York is not out of it. All they need is a four- or five-game winning streak and they've already won two of them."
So really what's he saying?

Sure we suck, this isn't breaking news

And for the record we knocked him out of the playoffs 3 times in the 90's too

Originally Posted by gko2408

They are a joke. They've been a joke since Isiah has signed on to lead this team to nowhere.
You must be a new Knick fan. You couldn't have been a fan when Layden was in charge and know what it was that Zeke inherited... A team that wasterrible and old with bloated contracts and no cap space. No hope for the future whatsoever.... At least now they have talent and young talent at that.... Noone can deny that. They just have chemistry issues that they better work out while it's still early this season.....

Reggie Calling them a joke is like saying the sky is blue. We all know it.

Back
Top Bottom