@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Finally! Just got my tracking from the pre-sale. 
smokin.gif

Even flight club is cheaper than eBay at this point...

Wait for July my man, there'll be some Nike/JB junk to draw some people away from the re-stock. Plus the Shaqnosis will be dropping at a lower price point.

Just got my Jimmy Jazz order for a 10.5. That was crazy fast! Anyway some thoughts.

Sizing - I'm normally an 11 in most brands but in something like AF1 I can size down to a 10.5 and be fine. I like the slightly tighter fit.I'll say if you're an 11 and you only could get a 10.5 you should be good unless you have wide feet. then you will probably have to go tts.

Leather - sorry I have no idea what anybody is talking about concerning "bad" leather. This leather is better than any GR and most JB releases in the last 5 years. If JB stepped up to this they might win me back a bit. Is it the greatest by Historical standards. No. But by Today's standards it's good.

Pre-Creasing - Really a non issue if you're gonna wear them. More of a result of the soft more Flexible leather IMHO

Overall Quality - To me Great! You can nitpick especially if you've been buying Made in the USA/UK New Balances lately. But aside from that I would put it up to any Nike release.

To me this is in the running for release of the year. Great Job Reebok on this true to form Retro. Looking Forward to the Black/Blues!

Quality is definitely eh, at least on my first pair...but if you grew up with these, no way you can pass...

2 Day Shipping charge was worth it.
I see what everybody was talking about with the pre-creasing.
They seem like more of a thick, but soft dress gloves leather than a Nike/JB material, soft leather creases.
Not saying they're an actual glove leather, just the best description I can make.

Last edited:
Pre-Creasing - Really a non issue if you're gonna wear them. More of a result of the soft more Flexible leather IMHO
Im thinking thats the issue, people are getting used to the crack before crease leather and havent seen a soft leather for a while...

real leather creases! no stopping it. But it creases natural. The fire red Vs Ive seen people wearing crease so unnatural. Makes it look like they bought a pair 5 sizes too big from the crease pattern.

I cant wait to get mine, Ill def post my thoughts when I have in hand.

I got real lucky and had one of my Twitter followers hold me down! He's from Toronto and I guess pairs are sitting on shelves there *__*. He picked me up a pair for retail/tax/ship! Should have them sometime next week!

I cant wait to get mine, Ill def post my thoughts when I have in hand.
THIS x 10

I'll get about 3-4 pictures once I get them and I'll post a few more after I wear them to show the "creasing"

Idc I already have high expectations for these regardless of these negative comments on leather quality etc ... Im ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like an old man at this point...

Hearing people make complaints about the quality of this shoe -- in comparison to the paint jobs and materials Jordan Brand and many Nike retros put on their retros post 2006 -- is simply blasphemy.

What are you all comparing the "quality" to?

At least the "leather" on these wont rub off if you spray and wipe it like my Bos, recent Jordan IV cements, etc...

And yes, I've cleaned mine already...

Last edited:
At least the "leather" on these wont rub off if you spray and wipe it like my Bos, recent Jordan IV cements, etc...

And yes, I've cleaned mine already...
I just cleaned my cement 4s yesterday haha. I was bored and had a big cleaning session. Mostly any shoe that had a bunch of white

My leather didnt rub off though. I have no complaints with any JB or Nike releases/retros

And I have a retraction to make...

I previously made a statement about these being "overpriced"...

Given the original release was marked at $129.99 retail (although many of us got them marked down back in the day, which clouded my memory, lol), $159.99 retail twenty-one years later is a cakewalk in comparison to the JB mark-ups in retros from the original prices...

BE MERRY!

Last edited:
Exactly... XIs jumped $70 in 12 years. $50 in over 20 years isn't bad.

Reebok is capatalizing on the hype somewhat because the previous pumps didn't see much if any price hike from original retail on the 90s. Nothing like garbage JB.

If you think about it, the $160 price kinda makes sense.
Twilight Zone Pumps retail for $120, but they don't have to pay Shaq on those.
Add to that, anybody that knows anything about manufacturing knows that the more you make, the less cost per unit.
They made none of these compared to the tons of Twilights they made, so their per unit cost is going to be higher.
Then account for inflation, of course an early 1990's shoe is going to cost more in 2013.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom