@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Y'all make some good points. It's subjective to each head. What you may want retro....there may be others that say no. Looking back....no one really thought retros would be getting this attention now. Outside of Jordans that is. With Reebok, they had some bad direction and lost some good people, some went to Nike. Their last owner Paul Fireman, had become senile and let the company fall. There's no way Reebok should have fell down this far as a athletic brand. They should own Adidas, not the other way around. It is what it is. They need some young designers, especially for the basketball division. They shouldn't rely on Bill Mcinnis as a designer for basketball shoes. Let him keep the Zigs for running. Just my 2 cents

It is a damn shame what happened. Outside of North America they were huge. The problem with all the sneaker companies apart from Nike/JB is that they do nothing to differentiate their product from the aforementioned. Nike/JB go all synthetic with their product and these guys go the same route too. Makes you wonder if it's the manufacturers in China calling the shots as far as materials go.

Back to the topic at hand, I think Reebok needs to keep the momentum going with a 'Preacher' and 'Blast' retro next year.

Last edited:
This is true, but it's also people who want the sneakers of their youth.

Constantly in Nike Retro people clamor for ugly wack sneakers that didn't sell. Because you had or liked them, doesn't mean anybody else wants them.

I guess I just had good taste when I was a kid :\

Yes, you're right - one man's trash is another man's treasure. It would also be better if Nike/JB retro-ed the shoes with the proper materials. Replicating the shape can be tricky as it's not the original factory but would it kill them to put some padding in the sockliner or run some real, full grain leather?

Last edited:
Question? Not sure if this has already been asked, but for those of you that own and have recieved youir pairs, were there any small creasing on the shoes (mainly on either side of the toe box area)? Or was it the type of leather they used? I remember these growing up as a kid, but never owned any.

Full grain leather creases easier than the fake or split grain that JB is offering on the retros, but I will take it over anything else all the time. 

Full grain leather creases easier than the fake or split grain that JB is offering on the retros, but I will take it over anything else all the time. 

Thank you for the reply and haha, yeah full grain leather that was the other type of leather I was thinking about. Lol! Yeah I already know about the faulty stunts JB (even Nike in many cases) are trying to pull on their retros and it is a shame. With that said did you see or have any issues on your pair?

not very appealing but because he broke the backboard in them x10 style points lol

Lol so true. Kind of like AJ14 "Last Shot." To me they're whatever but the significance of those shoes are just DOPE.

I'm not going to fall for the hype though : )

I am sure almost all of the old heads, like myself would go for almost any retro OG that drops, but like I said before, I like the shoes to look exactly like they did 20 years a go, with no funny business and BS "new" technology".

I agree with you. Some new technology I like on certain model and colorway like the AM1 and AM90 Hyperfuse, but overall most "new" technology feels gimmicky on OG models. They're meant to enhance performance but OG models itself has been outdated for a long time. If I want performance, I'd get the Flyknits or something.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of Banned 1's with the "x" on the heel, Mars 4 with Blackmon's face on the side, or any of these new Reebok colors. I appreciate the significance of the concept but that's just not me.

Last edited:
I agree with you. Some new technology I like on certain model and colorway like the AM1 and AM90 Hyperfuse, but overall most "new" technology feels gimmicky on OG models. They're meant to enhance performance but OG models itself has been outdated for a long time. If I want performance, I'd get the Flyknits or something.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of Banned 1's with the "x" on the heel, Mars 4 with Blackmon's face on the side, or any of these new Reebok colors. I appreciate the significance of the concept but that's just not me.

I think they run the Hyperfuse and other synthetic materials on the NSW retro product simply because the manufacturing costs are cheaper. Full grain leather is now a 'Premium/Supreme' product and they are charging $200+ for it on some select models.

^ Interesting... I've never heard that before but sounds reasonable. The Hyperfuse is definitely lighter and more breathable than the original model though. I guess for the AM1 and AM90 it's a win-win for both Nike and the consumers : )

^ Interesting... I've never heard that before but sounds reasonable. The Hyperfuse is definitely lighter and more breathable than the original model though. I guess for the AM1 and AM90 it's a win-win for both Nike and the consumers : )
Not really, I still prefer the OG vintage look of any of those, I am not going to start do marathons on them, just walk around the most :smile:

No creasing on mine, but even if there was any, I would not get upset about it.

Ok coo, and just so we are clear I was not, nor am I upset (at least in regards to the Shaq Attaqs), just more so seeing how everyone elses came in. To be honest most probably wouldn't notice them, I am just a detailed person. Anyhow overall really like the quality.

Mine have creases on the toe box... Nothing major.

Sounds about right for mine.

My pair the left shoe had slight creasing on the toe area thats about it

One of my pairs were like that.

To all of you ^^^, thank you for the feedback.

Last edited:
Via sc

Along with Allen Iverson's Question, the Shaq Attaq will be part of Reebok Classics' 'Ghosts of Christmas Pack.'

12/13/13 Reebok Shaq Attaq
V61428 Green/Green-White-Red
$160.00

Last edited:

Via sc

Along with Allen Iverson's Question, the Shaq Attaq will be part of Reebok Classics' 'Ghosts of Christmas Pack.'

12/13/13 Reebok Shaq Attaq
V61428 Green/Green-White-Red
$160.00
the look book sketches looked better on paper like a possible Boston colorway. Let me be the first to say these are not hot.

that's what i said 
sick.gif

LMAO on that tigo's gif. The Color blocking is bad. It looks like a High top version of the citron Victory Court Pump mixed with the Wimbledon c'way. Isn't the ghost of christmas signified more with white aand gray?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom