Recommend me American foods for Asian market

I work in Hong Kong for a supermarket and am responsible for bringing western foods to Asia. We have pretty much all the basic stuff but I'm always looking to bring someting new and exciting (most recently Virgil's Soda). I was just checking out a competitor over the weekend http://usg88.com/index.php?route=common/home and just brought back so many memories of foods that we DON'T have in HK.

That got me thinking, I need your help! Suggest any sort of grocery items that y'all have been eating lately (or just love in general) it could be anything. The market here is flooded with grocery from the UK/AUS/NZ, but frankly there's not enough stuff from the US/CAN. So any help is appreciated!

Philly Cheese Steak? Buffalo Wings? Chili Dogs?

I know it's not HK but my father lives in Europe and he says people go crazy over these things on that side of the planet.

Last edited:
French fries, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, burger patties, hot pockets, pizza rolls, bagel bites, sunny D, Doritos, burritos, wings, will post more when I think of more

I'll be in Hong Kong at the end of May :pimp: it's almost becoming an annual trip for me now :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
French fries, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, burger patties, hot pockets, pizza rolls, bagel bites, sunny D, Doritos, burritos, wings, will post more when I think of more
I'll be in Hong Kong at the end of May
pimp.gif
it's almost becoming an annual trip for me now
smile.gif
You got brands in mind?

For wings/ribs we have tony romas (the forzen ones). I'm looking for Churros too (only brand I know is Tio Pepe's).

What about drinks? Anything hipster/healthy/niche that y'all enjoy?

capn crunch, ben and jerry's ice cream, philly cheesesteak, ortega/taco bell products, boneless buffalo wings

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Don't worry about the tasts of locals. We have plenty of expats here who don't worry about prices and plenty of people like me (ABC/CBC's) that want this stuff.

Any super healthy foods you guys are eating?

I'm trying to get bullet proof coffee in for example. We have good coffee, have good coconut oil, but no grass fed butter...

Any super healthy foods you guys are eating?

I'm trying to get bullet proof coffee in for example. We have good coffee, have good coconut oil, but no grass fed butter...

american food isn't typically known for being the most healthy..............

Love Hong Kong :pimp:...My uncle was thinking about doing this kind of stuff too.

Blue Diamond Almonds. Get habanero, wasabi + soy sauce (my relatives love it), and honey mustard.
Hot Cheetos? I never paid attention if you guys have it.
If you're looking at coffee, do yourself and see if you can get Blue Bottle, my relatives (from hk) came here and loved it.
Zico coconut water has been a hit, though I hate it myself.

Love Hong Kong
pimp.gif
...My uncle was thinking about doing this kind of stuff too.
Blue Diamond Almonds. Get habanero, wasabi + soy sauce (my relatives love it), and honey mustard.
Hot Cheetos? I never paid attention if you guys have it.
If you're looking at coffee, do yourself and see if you can get Blue Bottle, my relatives (from hk) came here and loved it.
Zico coconut water has been a hit, though I hate it myself.
Thanks man

Hot Cheetos sounds great. We have KOH and JAX COCO which does pretty well. I tried contacting ZICO but they didn't bother exporting, plus they're freaking expensive.

waffles and some meat to thicken them asian biddies

Last edited:
You got brands in mind?

For wings/ribs we have tony romas (the forzen ones). I'm looking for Churros too (only brand I know is Tio Pepe's).

What about drinks? Anything hipster/healthy/niche that y'all enjoy?
Arizona's. Introduce Hong Kong to the Arnold Palmer :pimp:

american food isn't typically known for being the most healthy..............
We do bring in though Organic stuff like O Organics from Safeway and others, and they do pretty well.

But I generally agree with you, I think we need more affordable, tasty food that's not good for you... lol health food is overrated.

I'm looking into jobs and this sounds pretty interesting, who do you work for, what's your title and etc if you don't mind me asking?

Godiva chocolate, Nathan's Hot dogs, Sam Adams beer, Klondike (ice cream bars, choco taco and etc), Goya Malta, Boca burgers, Red Barron pizza, Ciao Bella froyo, Fridays frozen food, pizza rolls, simply lemonade, digiorno pizza, oscar Meyer, Chobani greek yogurt, Nutella( not American but too good to pass up), Tabasco sauce, planters nuts, peanut butter and co(flavored pb), koolaid :lol: ,Gortons( fish sticks, shrimp and etc), Andy's hot fries, Little Debbie snacks, Clif bars, Muscle milk, American Choice bacon

I would say look into Trader Joes, that's where I do my shopping. Healthy and affordable but idk if they sell their products outside of their business. Try Wholefoods

Last edited:
Man forget Sam Adams, get some Sierra Nevada pale ale 
laugh.gif

Which part of HK are you from, or your business?

Trader Joe's is +1. All their stuff is good.

Back
Top Bottom