RealTalk, Are Mac computers really that good? vol. new laptop

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Once you go mac, you'll never go back...
pimp.gif

This, I've had some Apple Mac since '04 and still works like if it was new. <3 Mac
pimp.gif

If you got the money then yeah. I went from windows to mac and back to windows because I really dont do anything special on my PC so there was no point anddropping that much extra money but OSX > windows 7.

I'll be copping one soon. I know itll be able to run the programs for my graduate studies, not to mention I want to have a computer that will hold up forlonger than a year and a half.
I'm keeping my current laptop, which runs Windows 7 and my desktop that runs Vista. I'll probably get a Mac Mini later on this year because my currentdesktop is so outdated, I know I can get just get the Mac Mini and keep my current screen and keyboard.

But I do agree, if you aren't planning on using the computer to it's full capabilities, don't just cop it for the name. I'm at the point thatI've been through so many PCs over the course of my collegiate career (5) that I'm ready for a change. None of my computers have died from viruses oranything. They just tend to crap out on me. Iono if it's due to the hardware or the OS, but I'm willing to find out.

OSX is nice, but let's not forget that Windows 7 is DEFINITELY making some strides.

my Mac
pimp.gif

And its still kinda new to me (just copped in Oct)
Before then I was a windows user. Now I see these are really better imo. At least for the task and things I do.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Wiki Asus. Google, Laptop reliability report. Come back looking like this
eek.gif
......Buy a Asus laptop and you can thank me latter.

smokin.gif

sager/clevo laptops> macs. Fully upgradable just like a desktop. I'd recommend Alienware, but they are far too pricey. They do have the best laptopcooling system.

pimp.gif
co sign..i used to have a hp pavillion..it was a good laptop IMO..but it ended up getting stolen so i bought a mac to replace it..haven'tlooked back ever since
pimp.gif

i would never go back to a windows laptop...i dont even like using them anymore..like if im at my homeboys place and i hop on his laptop real quick..can'tstand it
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Got mine last year and i cant beleive i had any other laptops haha if your planning on buying one soon. Apple is having an event on the 27th and rumor is theyare announcing a new macbook pro, and a tablet "islate, ipad" (touchscreen 7-11 inches), also the new iphone .

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by sNc magic

My 15 inch Macbook Pro broke down after a year and half and would've cost $900 to repair. I switched to a 15 inch Lenovo and I can't complain. Faster than the $2,500 17 inch Macbook Pro for less than half the price. If you can get an i5/i7 processor, definitely go for it. It blows anything Apple has out of the water. You won't get any viruses as long as you take the necessary precautions. Apple is all hype, imo

this is why you get apple care you genious. I don't care how fast your laptop is, It ain't worth it having to deal with windows
Apple care didn't cover the repairs. Should have bought my Macbook from Bestbuy SMH

OSX is nice, but try it out yourself for a while before you take the plunge. Windows 7 and snow leopard are both good.

You really can't go wrong with either. Lenovo and ASUS make reliable laptops for windows so compare those to any mac you plan on getting.

Back
Top Bottom