RealTalk, Are Mac computers really that good? vol. new laptop

EddieWinslow1983

formerly piczon1983
In the market for a new laptop. It seems everyone on here has a macbook. What makes a mac so much better than the other high end pc's out there? I knowthey are less prone to viruses, but that price tag is heavy as hell. Basically what im asking is are Mac's overrated or are they simply the best computersout right now? Thanks.
happy.gif

Definitely not overrated, get one if you can afford to spend the extra money. I <3 my mac.

My 15 inch Macbook Pro broke down after a year and half and would've cost $900 to repair. I switched to a 15 inch Lenovo and I can't complain. Fasterthan the $2,500 17 inch Macbook Pro for less than half the price. If you can get an i5/i7 processor, definitely go for it. It blows anything Apple has out ofthe water. You won't get any viruses as long as you take the necessary precautions. Apple is all hype, imo

Performance wise, you can pay the same money for a PC and get the same results but what makes Macs better are the intangibles. I received a Mac courtesy of myschool a few years ago and I can tell you right now I'm never going back.

Performance wise you can get many other laptops with the same features for half the price of Macbook Pro's but its the TOTAL package that make Macs agreat purchase.

Hope new MBPs come with a card reader or blu-ray compatible.

I thought it was going to be a big deal switching back to a PC because of all the proprietary features that I would be missing, and it even took me a couple ofweeks to think it over. But after having switched back for a week, it made me realize that it's not that big of a deal. I'd pick blazing fastperformance over Apple's proprietary tech. I would only switch back to Mac if the ratio of performance to cost went down. They're definitely finecomputers, just not worth the cost.

Wiki Asus. Google, Laptop reliability report. Come back looking like this
eek.gif
......Buy a Asus laptop and you can thank me latter.

PC's have their issues (virus's, Windows...), Macs have their issues (display problems, discolored cases....) having owned PC's and Mac's; froma pure doing what a computer is supposed to do standpoint I would give Mac's the leg up.

i love my mac. i honestly dont see the point in owning a MBP which costs nearly twice as much tho. content with my reg macbook.

my Java prof lives by Macs. I agree when first starting out Apple had the computer game on lock, but I was too young to even care...(actually i dont even knowif i was born then)
but now PCs have passed Macs, there's just so much more you can do to a PC....and even if you're not into that you can get a cheaper PC that will dothe exact same as a MBP unless you're into editing stuff like movies, photos, and music....

Depends on what your needs/budget is.

I work for Apple and I have 3 Macs at my desk (1 white iMac partitioned running 10.3,10.4,10.5 and bootcamped with windows xp, 1 aluminum iMac running 10.6,and a Mac Mini running 10.6 OS X Server.) When I go home, I sit at my 2 windows computers.

Back
Top Bottom