Real Talk: How is LeBron not MVP?

The Lakers would have won less than 10 games either of the last 3 seasons without him.
Didn't the Lakers have a better winning percentage when Kobe didn't play in 04-05?

dont worry, Lebron will get his fair share in the years to come.. honestly the real question is why Kobe hasnt won the award the past 2 years in a row though.I think Kobe and Lebron should have been 1-2 last year. Dallas is still pretty good without Dirk. L.A. and Clevland both would have been beyond terriblewithout KB & LJ

^ I don't know. I thought they were pretty bad when Kobe was out because I remember being REALLY happy when he played the Cavs his first game back. Anywaythat actually goes against my point a little... who knows what they would've won, because it wasn't the case. Kobe was on that team. What would'vehappened if he wasn't there, it doesn't mater.

Because Dwight Howard is averaging 23 points 15 rebounds and 3 blocks while playing All-defensive team caliber defense on one of the best teams in basketball..

What separates LBJ this year from anything Kobe did over the last handful of years in Los Angeles without Shaq? Not much. The Cavs are barely a playoff teamright now, so LeBron has no chance.

That said, it's December. Alot can change between now and April/May...

MVP = best player on the best regular season team....

same problem Kobe has been facing the past 3 years. It's just the way it is.

Now if it was the best player in the league award it would be a total different argument.

yezzir... not necessarily the best team always, but at least one of the elites. See Steve Nash in 06. Team wasn't a definite title contender but they wereone of the better teams, and Nash was a factor in that success. So in this particular case Lebron would have to vault the Cavs up in the ranks, make peoplethink of them as "one of the better teams" to be considered an MVP. Kobe did everything BUT that. That's why he doesn't have an MVP trophy.

Cavs are sucktacular right now. Sub .500?
smh.gif
Bron's numbers are ridiculous though.

As of right now Dwight Howard is the MVP.

two words, twice.

cavs suck.

dwight howard.

p1.howard.jpg

shoot..

i think even this man would win over bron.

fullj.getty-77040735_bb3241_bos_cle.jpg

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The "take him out of the equation" argument makes absolutely no sense to me... I don't see why people use it to make their points.

Why would anyone care how valuable a player is to a lottery team? To a team that barely makes it to the playoffs in the 7-8 seed?

Nobody. Amazing players on bad teams are pretty irrelevant. They may be valuable to them, but what does that value really mean if the team went nowhere?

Kobe the past few years has proved this. The Lakers were never a factor. Kobe was clearly the best individual player in the league... but he was the best individual player in the league as a part of a mediocre team.

The Lakers would have won less than 10 games either of the last 3 seasons without him. Same situation you're thinking of. Who really cares?

Not to mention, that's just some hypothesis, not reality.

So, why would anybody consider Lebron for MVP if his triple-doubles and amazing individual play got the Cavs a mediocre record? It obviously didn't do anything team-wise. And the NBA is made up of 30 teams... Lebron is just one player.

If the Cavs turn it around, he definitely will be considered though.

Good point...it's like Kevin Martin...where would the Queens be without his scoring? In the crapper. Where are they with his scoring? In thecrapper...so...does it really matter?

But honestly, the Cavs are one of the five worst teams in the NBA without him.

i would take a healthy foye (or even telfair), mccants, brewer/gomes/green, smith, jefferson over gibson, brown (doesnt' matter which one),sasha, gooden, and iggy anyday.

HE will not win it! its probably gona be dwight howard! on a better team and also putting up monster numbers!

Because the season is not over yet...

MVP = best player on the best regular season team....

Now if it was the best player in the league award it would be a total different argument.

Nice to know that the NBA judgement on the MVP is flawed. It should be the best player in the leauge that makes his team THAT much better. We all know thattheres Dirk, Duncan, Nash, etc, where without them the teams are not as succesful. But no team is in the Cavs situation. Without him, the cavs would be gettinga top 5 pick in the draft repeatedly. I think that how the NBA picks the MVP is flawed. But then again, its just my opinion
laugh.gif

I love LeBrons game, but seriously, he's charmin soft for sitting out with a finger injury. But I guess that just represents what the players of the NBAare now. SOFT!!!!!!!!

houston is 0-3 without tmac this yr too and that team has YAO MING. now that's the definition of a true MVP.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

houston is 0-3 without tmac this yr too and that team has YAO MING. now that's the definition of a true MVP.
pimp.gif

that doesn't mean a thing. yao ming is garbage. at 7'6, dude should be averaging 40+ ppg & 20 rpg.

Originally Posted by 531

pimp.gif

that doesn't mean a thing. yao ming is garbage. at 7'6, dude should be averaging 40+ ppg & 20 rpg.

well i never said tmac should be MVP. but by the OP's original phrasing of how lebron should be MVP, then tmac is more deserving. and seeing howanother all-star like yao struggling like crazy without him, then tmac is that dude.

who would have thought that Tmac would have made his way into the MVP equation like always. I'll explain the MVP like I always do in these threads. The MVP should be and IS how well a team does with a particular player over an ENTIRE season. Not a fourth, not half, not three quarters, but a FULL season. The MVP is not how well or bad a team does without a player, but how well a team fares with that player. Right now the Cavs = 9-10 and sitting seventh in the EAST, Rockets = 9-9 and sitting 9th in the West. The argument stating "look at the numbers he is putting up on a crappy team" should not and does not apply for a few simple reasons. A) What is the point of rewarding players for losing? B)If a player is putting up monster numbers on a craptacular team, it could be argued that those numbers are attributable to the amount of touches that player get in comparison to the rest of the team C) Look at any player in the past 6 years that have put up monster numbers and not won the MVP. Look at Kobe last year, Tmac in 02, both players didn't win the MVP and DIDNT deserve to win the MVP. Why, for the simple sake that their record was crap. If a team doesn't win with a player putting up monster numbers, does that not reflect on how valuable that player truly is?

Nyc Buc, Tmac isn't and will not be a MVP any time soon.

Originally Posted by 531

pimp.gif

well i never said tmac should be MVP. but by the OP's original phrasing of how lebron should be MVP, then tmac is more deserving. and seeing how another all-star like yao struggling like crazy without him, then tmac is that dude.
tmac is that dude, but he'll never be an MVP. his only chance was back in orlando, he has a great supporting cast in Houston.

my opinion on the mvp is how much the player impacts his team/how the team would be w/ out that player. kobe in 05/06, jkidd back in 2002. that's why ithink that steve nash didn't deserve back to back mvp's, dude plays with all-stars.

Originally Posted by 531

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No and like I said before it would not be fair if he's in the equation for MVP because Kobe put up historical numbers scoring wise the last two years justto keep the Lakers in the playoff hunt.

He should have gotten MVP for them even being the 7th seed.

Also as far as the fingers on the non shooting hand, Kobe would play left handed if it was on his shooting hand. Lebron knows when he's not on the floorthis team has no chance to win so why is he sitting?

That's why Kobe played with a bum shoulder on numerous occassions, cut hand, ankle twisted, knee problems, and jacked up fingers because he knows hispresense on the floor hurt or not can make a difference.

Lebrons presense on the floor could get them wins, the thing is he doesn't want blame for their L's.

Back
Top Bottom