Reaching?: Is "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" Racist?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I've seen worse ****ery on soul plane & BET......

So its only cool for black people to make fun of other people huh......
grin.gif

As long as da boondocks, worldstarhiphop, and gucci mane exist then ya can

Get off ya soapbox.

People don't speak out against these things?

grin.gif

Get off ya soapbox.

- i havnet seen soul plane and dont watch BET
indifferent.gif
, sounds like youhave/do.

- but you being a NYer im sure to you racial mockery is a part of everyday life.

- but thats right since media like boondocks, worldstar, and gucci mane lyrics exist we should just let the flood gates open......

grin.gif

Get off ya soapbox.

Ok guys 1 ignorant black person is popular so we have to accept racism. You heard it here 1st

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Halftime718

All i'll say is that everybody loves to laugh about streotypes about other races and then when its about their own they get all but hurt
you act like just a bunch of black people are just getting offended. Most of the reviews I read about people getting offended are other races thanblack, so this isn't just someone getting butt hurt.

i dont think OP is reaching....
"we dont do much reading"
TO ME, the bot sounded like he was sterotypical african american... i was offended...

black people+books..... dont equate.

one of the many stereotypes of our culture that has been portrayed to be true for the entire culture/ race

i mean, to each his own..... everyone is going to respond to the character(s) persona(s) differently....

Yeah after seeing the movie. It isn't so far of a reach. The theatre went silent at the 'we don't do much reading part'.
laugh.gif

These guys were worse than jazz. Gotta admit though, some of their lines were hilarious.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

I just seen the move ok the robots were raicaly sugesstive but no were near racist it was a good +$$ movie and honestly the twins are Michael bays version of will smith and Martin Lawrence (badboys) in robot for and they are hilarious

I share the same sentiments... though hearing about them, and then actually seeing it, my opinion was a little changed, because to me they seemed to slightlybe acting like raCOONs...

After seeing the movie, I saw the twins as Latino instead of Black. Especially since it sounded like this guy was doing the voice(s) (he's not though):

g15_jpg.jpg

V3I2E2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom