Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

I can see this thread going to 1092829292 pages..

but all i know is that Dominican woman are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

skin completion, bodies along with cute faces
happy.gif
happy.gif

but only if i could get some of them to talk to black dudes then we would be
pimp.gif

No #%@$, but you're a handsome dude, good job, etc.  You must be coming at them wrong Dean-O. 

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

I can see this thread going to 1092829292 pages..

but all i know is that Dominican woman are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

skin completion, bodies along with cute faces
happy.gif
happy.gif

but only if i could get some of them to talk to black dudes then we would be
pimp.gif

No #%@$, but you're a handsome dude, good job, etc.  You must be coming at them wrong Dean-O. 

i wonder why people want to be something they're not so bad...

girls kill me with this... get some weave and try to claim dominican...

never understood why that is so appealling... wanting to be something you're not...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

i wonder why people want to be something they're not so bad...

girls kill me with this... get some weave and try to claim dominican...

never understood why that is so appealling... wanting to be something you're not...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

To OP and anyone else who is mad, why do you guys care so much what they consider themselves? ... just a question

because denial and ..."non-unification," light skin vs dark skin, and the lack of knowledge about who we are among the african diaspora is HUGE and its about time black ppl wake up. at least IMO.

To OP and anyone else who is mad, why do you guys care so much what they consider themselves? ... just a question

because denial and ..."non-unification," light skin vs dark skin, and the lack of knowledge about who we are among the african diaspora is HUGE and its about time black ppl wake up. at least IMO.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.
He practices "Black culture" in addition to "Latino Culture."

How is he only Latino, but not Black as well? 

Isn't this what Anton has been saying all along?

dude there is no such thing as latino blood       he either is a mixed race hispanic meaning he is mixed with the african /native indians and the european colonizers or he is a white hispanic or jsut a plain ol negro dammit

latino is not a race  in my opinon only mixed race hispanics should be refered to as latino   

black people who just happen to be born in hispanic countries are not real latinos and will never get treated as such

whites who jsut happen to be born in hispanic countries are still white

btw latino is not a race  and not every hispanic is mixed only in hispanic countries do people who look like they stepped off a slave ship get to call themselves anjything but black its hialrious like i said yuo dont really see tha mixed race latinos aka the real latinos or the white latinos aka the headhoncos complainings its only the dudes who look like the could be flavor flav twin brother complaining about being called black it funny to me

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.

dude there is no such thing as latino blood       he either is a mixed race hispanic meaning he is mixed with the african /native indians and the european colonizers or he is a white hispanic or jsut a plain ol negro dammit

latino is not a race  in my opinon only mixed race hispanics should be refered to as latino   

black people who just happen to be born in hispanic countries are not real latinos and will never get treated as such

btw latino is not a race  and not every hispanic is mixed only in hispanic countries do people who look like they stepped off a slave ship get to call themselves anjything but black its hialrious like i said yuo dont really see tha mixed race latinos aka the real latinos or the white latinos aka the headhoncos complainings its only the dudes who look like the could be flavor flav twin brother complaining about being called black it funny to me

Originally Posted by debs 168

Yea but key word is "IMO" , its your opinion. I understand this is important to you, so why don't you hit those history books and continue to educate yourself on the matter, not worry about what anyone else considers themselves.  If my boy said he's blue, I might look at him funny but you know what thats what he considers himself, who am I to tell him different?    

Originally Posted by debs 168

Yea but key word is "IMO" , its your opinion. I understand this is important to you, so why don't you hit those history books and continue to educate yourself on the matter, not worry about what anyone else considers themselves.  If my boy said he's blue, I might look at him funny but you know what thats what he considers himself, who am I to tell him different?    

it's also the fact that someone outright said "you're not unique"

and this is what their agenda is, They want us to stop claiming we're different.

Like I said before, if that's the case you have a lot more "blacks" to talk to before us.

it's also the fact that someone outright said "you're not unique"

and this is what their agenda is, They want us to stop claiming we're different.

Like I said before, if that's the case you have a lot more "blacks" to talk to before us.

Originally Posted by TezzyTooLive

I don't get it.

a073608c3d28e0388b728f4d15843a0b086cd0c2.jpg

Originally Posted by TezzyTooLive

I don't get it.

a073608c3d28e0388b728f4d15843a0b086cd0c2.jpg

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

So are we genetically black or white?

laugh.gif
@ someone's concern for Ninjahood rejecting his "blackness" has turned to the topic of genetics.

your mom has blond hair and blue eyes? she's probably a white mexican.  they exist.  not every european colonist mixed with native mexicans.  so you're partly genetically white.

and no one is attacking ninjahood for not embracing his "blackness".  the point is whenever someone mentions that some Dominicans are, in fact, Black ninja starts yelling "no we aren't we're Dominican, there's a difference." it's stupid.  one is a race, the other is a nationality.  it's a very simple concept that just seems beyond his and several others' grasps.
I don't think anyone is arguing genetics though.  I understand the colonization of Mexico by the Conquistadores, the slave trade that went through the Islands.

I don't think that is what Ninjahood is trying to prove, you guys are calling him black and he responds by saying he is Dominican.  We get that, he gets that.  You guys don't get is that calling someone black is a loaded term that not even black from Africa want a part of.

There is such a thing as "Black" Culture.  You can call it African American if you want, but African Americans in America do not share the same culture that Africans from Nigeria have.

Telling someone they are black is not simply telling them they have black skin or share certain physical traits, as you guys are simply trying to say.  If you believe that then you are naive or ignorant.  Telling someone they are black, has meaning, from slavery to the Civil Rights movement to modern day pop culture.

The problem with this thread is that there are too many arguments going on at the same time that it's kind of convoluted.  It makes no sense, to the point we are talking about genetic makeup, which literally can be traced to the same origin if you have the time, money and resources to do so.  Again, I will say that you guys are simplifying something that you are failing to comprehend and unfortunately have found your mark to hurl tomatoes at.

Yes, people from Latin American countries come in different shades, that doesn't mean I'm going to go around calling myself a "White Mexican", do you realize how asinine that sounds.

Ninjahood doesn't he himself as black, because his culture is not in line with an African-American mail that was born and raised in the States.  His culture, his identity lies with the roots his parents laid out to him as a child.  A child raised by parents from the Dominican Republic.

Most of you are poking arguments while using something as arbitrary as "Race", a term that has lost a lot of clout over the years.

Slandering this guys name because he identifies himself with his ethnicity as opposed to his "race" or skin color.  So yes, genetically he may have physical traits of a black American male, but the buck stops there. 

He's in denial because he is hundreds of years removed from his ancestral roots and identifies with his ethnicity/culture. 

Toss years of embracing your culture, for what?

btw latino is not a race
Only thing in that rant that made sense.

Someone said Latino is not a culture,
laugh.gif
.  Domincans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. are not the same.  They have all developed deeper cultures within themselves, however they share a similar language (Spanish), religion, celebrations and foods.  Are they exactly the same, NO.  However, there are a lot of similarities.  It is due to Spanish Colonization.

laugh.gif
@ someone's concern for Ninjahood rejecting his "blackness" has turned to the topic of genetics.

your mom has blond hair and blue eyes? she's probably a white mexican.  they exist.  not every european colonist mixed with native mexicans.  so you're partly genetically white.

and no one is attacking ninjahood for not embracing his "blackness".  the point is whenever someone mentions that some Dominicans are, in fact, Black ninja starts yelling "no we aren't we're Dominican, there's a difference." it's stupid.  one is a race, the other is a nationality.  it's a very simple concept that just seems beyond his and several others' grasps.
I don't think anyone is arguing genetics though.  I understand the colonization of Mexico by the Conquistadores, the slave trade that went through the Islands.

I don't think that is what Ninjahood is trying to prove, you guys are calling him black and he responds by saying he is Dominican.  We get that, he gets that.  You guys don't get is that calling someone black is a loaded term that not even black from Africa want a part of.

There is such a thing as "Black" Culture.  You can call it African American if you want, but African Americans in America do not share the same culture that Africans from Nigeria have.

Telling someone they are black is not simply telling them they have black skin or share certain physical traits, as you guys are simply trying to say.  If you believe that then you are naive or ignorant.  Telling someone they are black, has meaning, from slavery to the Civil Rights movement to modern day pop culture.

The problem with this thread is that there are too many arguments going on at the same time that it's kind of convoluted.  It makes no sense, to the point we are talking about genetic makeup, which literally can be traced to the same origin if you have the time, money and resources to do so.  Again, I will say that you guys are simplifying something that you are failing to comprehend and unfortunately have found your mark to hurl tomatoes at.

Yes, people from Latin American countries come in different shades, that doesn't mean I'm going to go around calling myself a "White Mexican", do you realize how asinine that sounds.

Ninjahood doesn't he himself as black, because his culture is not in line with an African-American mail that was born and raised in the States.  His culture, his identity lies with the roots his parents laid out to him as a child.  A child raised by parents from the Dominican Republic.

Most of you are poking arguments while using something as arbitrary as "Race", a term that has lost a lot of clout over the years.

Slandering this guys name because he identifies himself with his ethnicity as opposed to his "race" or skin color.  So yes, genetically he may have physical traits of a black American male, but the buck stops there. 

He's in denial because he is hundreds of years removed from his ancestral roots and identifies with his ethnicity/culture. 

Toss years of embracing your culture, for what?

btw latino is not a race
Only thing in that rant that made sense.

Someone said Latino is not a culture,
laugh.gif
.  Domincans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. are not the same.  They have all developed deeper cultures within themselves, however they share a similar language (Spanish), religion, celebrations and foods.  Are they exactly the same, NO.  However, there are a lot of similarities.  It is due to Spanish Colonization.

laugh.gif

black isnt only an american term
black jamaicans identify themselves as being black

laugh.gif

Never said it's an American term, said it's a loaded term.

When you think of calling someone black, what do you think of?

If I meet a black person from Jamaica, I'm not going to go around saying he's a black Jamaican.  I will just identify him as being Jamaican

Never said it's an American term, said it's a loaded term.

When you think of calling someone black, what do you think of?

If I meet a black person from Jamaica, I'm not going to go around saying he's a black Jamaican.  I will just identify him as being Jamaican

Off topic: I did not know Trevor Ariza was Dominican. I mean now looking at the name it makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom