Raptors trade JO and Moon to Heat for Matrix and Banks

i dont know how many raptor games you JO bashers have watched this year. of course the major exposure are from the two memorable posterizations but JO has beensolid when on the floor. hes an elite shot blocker and an inside presence that will make a difference right away. toronto's problem was that when JOaltered/blocked a shot there was NOBODY to get to the loose ball ..ever.

JO will provide a big body down low, he takes charges rather well and i think hes exactly what the heat needed. if by chance, a BIG if, JO played 80% of thegames from here on in.. the heat got a good deal. plus if it doesn't turn out to be that way, they get 20mil off the books next year. i dont see how youcan say its a bad deal for the heat.

I'll definitely NOT miss moon. dude had the occassional
eek.gif
dunks but itpales in comparison to his appalling basketball IQ. with that much athleticism and hops i dont see why he stays jacking Js all dam day. hes gets a few blocksdue to his pure hops/wingspan but otherwise hes a defensive liability. good riddance.

im interested in seeing how well marion meshes with this team. if he can get running up and down, playing in a style similar to in PHX (i know its not thesame), then it'll be exactly who the raptors needed. its a double-edged sword since now we're back to last year's problem of not having anyinternal presence. its a bonus that marion comes off the books at the end of the year, it just maybe enough motivation for him to play extremely well so he cancash in.

^^^ glad to hear good things about J.O... we need that type of player that is willing to play defense and knows how to score... a inside scoring presence iswhat we needed... if moon needs his IQ checked.. i can bet that the heat aint gonna let him play a damn til he gets right...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Please tell me how J.O, Moon, future 1st round pick, 4 mil trade exception is horrible for the Heat

i just read that the 1st-rounder is conditional though. Miami only gets it if the Raptors make the playoffs, or else they get a second-rounder. i was about to say, i knew Toronto couldn't have been that stupid
laugh.gif

No. They still get the 1st rounder. The 2nd rounder is a bonus if they don't get it in 2010. So I guess they're stupid according to you. Read below
According to a party with the details of the deal, the Heat will receive a first-round pick from Toronto in 2010, unless that pick is among the first 14 (lottery) selections.

Should Toronto be in the draft lottery in 2010, in essence not make next season's playoffs, the Heat then would receive a 2010 second-round pick from the Raptors.

The first-round pick then would be sent to the Heat in any year, from 2011 through 2014 that it is not among the first 14 selections (the next year Toronto makes the playoffs).

Should the Heat not get the first-round pick by 2014, it then would receive a 2015 first-round pick from the Raptors

P.s. Haslem comes off the books in the summer of 2010 @ $6,575,000

Miami getting Moon is what makes this good for Miami

they're line up looks a bit more solid now

and I guess it's okay for Toronto too, since Marion fits their style of play

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i was just checking realgm... and it says haslem comes off the book summer of 2009.. i want him to stay though...
Mark Blount
Yakhouba Diawara
Udonis Haslem
Chris Quinn
Dorell Wright
http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2009/http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2009/

I always use espn trade machine for cap space and yrs per contract. More reliable IMO

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachinehttp://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Quinn is a free agent this summer. Everyone else 2010. Which =
smokin.gif
caproom

Originally Posted by brrraptors

i dont know how many raptor games you JO bashers have watched this year. of course the major exposure are from the two memorable posterizations but JO has been solid when on the floor. hes an elite shot blocker and an inside presence that will make a difference right away. toronto's problem was that when JO altered/blocked a shot there was NOBODY to get to the loose ball ..ever.

JO will provide a big body down low, he takes charges rather well and i think hes exactly what the heat needed. if by chance, a BIG if, JO played 80% of the games from here on in.. the heat got a good deal. plus if it doesn't turn out to be that way, they get 20mil off the books next year. i dont see how you can say its a bad deal for the heat.

I'll definitely NOT miss moon. dude had the occassional
eek.gif
dunks but it pales in comparison to his appalling basketball IQ. with that much athleticism and hops i dont see why he stays jacking Js all dam day. hes gets a few blocks due to his pure hops/wingspan but otherwise hes a defensive liability. good riddance.

im interested in seeing how well marion meshes with this team. if he can get running up and down, playing in a style similar to in PHX (i know its not the same), then it'll be exactly who the raptors needed. its a double-edged sword since now we're back to last year's problem of not having any internal presence. its a bonus that marion comes off the books at the end of the year, it just maybe enough motivation for him to play extremely well so he can cash in.

Well said.

JO --> Respect.

They just used Marion to assist on the way to the playoffs. I think JO will just be injured anyway..

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Please tell me how J.O, Moon, future 1st round pick, 4 mil trade exception is horrible for the Heat

i just read that the 1st-rounder is conditional though. Miami only gets it if the Raptors make the playoffs, or else they get a second-rounder. i was about to say, i knew Toronto couldn't have been that stupid
laugh.gif

No. They still get the 1st rounder. The 2nd rounder is a bonus if they don't get it in 2010. So I guess they're stupid according to you. Read below
According to a party with the details of the deal, the Heat will receive a first-round pick from Toronto in 2010, unless that pick is among the first 14 (lottery) selections.

Should Toronto be in the draft lottery in 2010, in essence not make next season's playoffs, the Heat then would receive a 2010 second-round pick from the Raptors.

The first-round pick then would be sent to the Heat in any year, from 2011 through 2014 that it is not among the first 14 selections (the next year Toronto makes the playoffs).

Should the Heat not get the first-round pick by 2014, it then would receive a 2015 first-round pick from the Raptors

P.s. Haslem comes off the books in the summer of 2010 @ $6,575,000

what i meant was, i knew Toronto would not just give up a lottery pick. from what you posted, the deal is protected so that the Heat only get thepick if it is non-lottery (unless it's 2015 and they still haven't made the playoffs).

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Bargnani is about to put up numbers.
sick.gif

no doubt...bargnani has proved me wrong this year..i really thought he was a lost cause...dude's defense is on point and he's figures out what hisadvantages/disadvantages are on offense..

lol @ that espn writer who said bargnani's upside is mehmet okur like....bargnani's only getting better and he's just as good as okur now.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

sick.gif

no doubt...bargnani has proved me wrong this year..i really thought he was a lost cause...dude's defense is on point and he's figures out what his advantages/disadvantages are on offense..

lol @ that espn writer who said bargnani's upside is mehmet okur like....bargnani's only getting better and he's just as good as okur now.
I thought OKB was the only one that thought his
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, January and February, hes been playing out of his mind.
Now with the middle opened up, look out for Bargs
pimp.gif

sick.gif

Dude BEEN on his grind.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I saw Bargnani cross over Tim Duncan and hit him with a reverse hook shot. Kid is a baller.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

sick.gif

Dude BEEN on his grind.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I saw Bargnani cross over Tim Duncan and hit him with a reverse hook shot. Kid is a baller.
how long do u and i have to defend this kid's status in the nba. seriously

bargnani has proven to be more than capable of scoring from anywhere on the field, he can drive to the basket as well as he can drain 3s. with him and boshtaking up the 4 and 5 spot, marion can fill in with his scoring and rebounding. this is exactly what the raps needed, if marion can dish out as he went in, itsall the better for the raps.

Back
Top Bottom