Raptors trade JO and Moon to Heat for Matrix and Banks

Good trade for both teams. Salary dump for Toronto (if not then a 3 month trial). And a much needed big man for Miami (if JO doesn't get injured).

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by dland24

Bosh still wont resign. No big name free agent will want to play in Toronto.
Stupid assumption.
It's true though
isn't there some way that nash can end up with the Knicks the same time bosh would be up for contract? in that case...why not try to lurecaptain canada home? is this at all a possibility?

We have 1 more season to show Bosh that we can contend. This trade allows Colangelo to make some moves this summer so he can improve the team for next seasonand hopefully be good enough to convince Bosh that he can win here. Colangelo has pretty much been forced to make a move due to this horrible season we'rehaving.

I thank JO for everything he's done in his short stay with us. Dude was a true player who never complained even with all these loses. I wish him the bestin his future. As for Moon, thank goodness he's gone. He's the biggest waste of athletic talent there is. So much athletic ability but too dumb to usethem. Him jacking up 3s when he should be driving inside won't be missed. Ugh...next season can't come soon enough.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

MARION FINALLY A RAPTOR. CHCHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pimp.gif

might as well retire that Jamario avy now.
laugh.gif

2010 can't wait though. Props to Riles for this trade. I expect more playing time for Beasley.
oh damn. WTH

MY USERNAME AND AVY ARE IRRELEVANT.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Sorry buddy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the Heat won.

why? they got a big man... albeit a lame duck one, but when he's healthy the Heat will be a solid squad. he definitely makes an impact defensively anytimehe's out there. well, at least more than Anthony or Magloire.

A good deal for both teams, even Marcus Banks is a solid addition for the Raptors. I haven't seen much of Banks in Miami but before that he looked likehe was turning into a solid PG. I doubt at his age that his ability has disappeared and he should get a chance to play with Jose's injuries andRoko/Will's inconsistencies.

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

A good deal for both teams, even Marcus Banks is a solid addition for the Raptors. I haven't seen much of Banks in Miami but before that he looked like he was turning into a solid PG. I doubt at his age that his ability has disappeared and he should get a chance to play with Jose's injuries and Roko/Will's inconsistencies.
Banks has always had all of the physical tools but none of the brains to put it together. Hopefully though, he'll become really good friendswith Joey Graham.

Honestly I think this is AMAZING for Toronto.... thats could possibly be a sick offense in the east...

Please tell me how J.O, Moon, future 1st round pick, 4 mil trade exception is horrible for the Heat

i just read that the 1st-rounder is conditional though. Miami only gets it if the Raptors make the playoffs, or else they get a second-rounder. i was about tosay, i knew Toronto couldn't have been that stupid
laugh.gif

i'd say the Heat are looking good right now going into the playoffs.

defensively solid starting lineup:

Chalmers
Wade
Jones
Haslem
O'Neal

explosive team:
Quinn
Daequan
Moon
Beasley
Anthony

"big" team (to counter other team's "big" lineups like Boston, CLE, Orlando, etc):
Wade
Daequan
Beasley?
Haslem
O'Neal

pimp.gif

but a question for Miami fans.. when is Haslem off the books? because his days are numbered, Beasley will be starting next year and Haslem can't play anyother position. there are several teams he could start for/get minutes at PF. they could package him up and ship him out.

I don't want to see Haslem leave, he would be a great big guy off the bench. I believe he is off the books the summer of 2010 also. But money talks.

right after marion makes the game winning dunk
laugh.gif
not sure about this trade for both teams.

i believe haslem comes off the books after this year.... he did play center earlier this year... i think he did ok... dude has a lot of heart, does a lot ofthe dirty work.. i want him to stay around and help beasley out more with his defense plus he is the only other heat still here besides wade since thechampionship.... i never watched moon play so i cant say how good our bench his gonna be... JONES NEEDS TO START HITTING THEM 3's
MY 2k9 squad is gonna be sick....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom